The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A D610 and 50mm f1.4 would also fill the gap nicely though... :D

D610 isn't bad but you're only covering 1 of your complaints, sensor. D750 will cover the sensor and AF issue, so a better tool.

I find my camera a lot of fun, not frustrating.

:plus1: It was the 750 for me (alongside the Fuji system, naturally!)

Didn't do the BBCode thing!

Thanks. Unfortunately long exposure and the windy Falkland Islands is not a good combo! Using a manfrotto beefree at the moment so might need something more stable.

Works well in mono.

Re - all this talk about N750s. Any heavier than my X-T1 system and I'd have to get panniers for the Jack Russell!

Bodie Bridge - Falkland Islands by James Cotter, on Flickr
This shot is one of my first with a set of Lee Seven5 filters. 0.9 grad and a 10 stopper. The bridge is actually moving in the wind so is not sharp, but not bad. This was with the XT and 18-55. Need to try the Sammy 12mm next.

That's a very nice shot Jim, and a really good B&W conversion.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I would agree, having came from a full frame canon I'm certainly not missing anything. But before I had full frame it's all I ever wanted.

Now I've been there and done that I can be happy with the fuji that ticks more boxes for me.

I think if I was shooting paid work, especially children I'd go back to an slr. But that would be work and not as much fun.

having sold a Canon 5D3 and a couple of "L" lenses in favour of the XT-1 + 23mm, i just wanted to start all over again with this more compact set up! ... not missing lugging the Canon "roadshow" around at all

Managed to get out today with the Samyang 12mm on the front of my XT. Really nice to use and it seems that once its focussed to infinity, you very rarely need to adjust. Nice and simple lens, and a bit of a bargain really (mine was 200 quid used).
The compositions not great and could probably do with a crop but heres an example.

MAY 15 - SURF BAY by James Cotter, on Flickr

As long as it's a tall cat ...

You mean like this?

giphy.gif

Just picked up a Sandisk Extreme 32gb 60mb/s card from Tesco's for £16 in the sale. Bargain!

Also got a third battery too. Should serve me well at Oulton Park this weekend! Gonna shoot RAW this time and see if the results are any better.

Hello,

I was looking at my vertical grip for xt-1 and noticed that one of the pins on it looks like it is stuck in.
There is a group of 4 pins separate from the rest and second one from left seems like it is stuck in a pressed position.
Can you please check your grip if you have it and let me know if it is normal?
Do all the pins on your grip stays out?
My grip does not function at all and I am thinking that maybe because of this pin.
Many thanks,

Saglik

Just picked up a Sandisk Extreme 32gb 60mb/s card from Tesco's for £16 in the sale. Bargain!

Also got a third battery too. Should serve me well at Oulton Park this weekend! Gonna shoot RAW this time and see if the results are any better.

Which is a fine price. Unfortunately their "sale" price is £3 more than they have been selling them at previously, I picked up 4 of them a couple of months ago at £13 each.

Hello,

I was looking at my vertical grip for xt-1 and noticed that one of the pins on it looks like it is stuck in.
There is a group of 4 pins separate from the rest and second one from left seems like it is stuck in a pressed position.
Can you please check your grip if you have it and let me know if it is normal?
Do all the pins on your grip stays out?
My grip does not function at all and I am thinking that maybe because of this pin.
Many thanks,

Saglik

Looking at mine,all 4 pins are out.

is it just me that barely ever touches the Q menu, I've never really used it and certainly don't see the point in customising it. maybe I'm doing something wrong!

is it just me that barely ever touches the Q menu, I've never really used it and certainly don't see the point in customising it. maybe I'm doing something wrong!

I use it all the time, sod going into the menu to change things. I really wish that saving custom settings was more intuitive.

Back