The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

One from a recent trip to Iceland. Mt Esja from the Reykjavik waterfront. Seven shot pano stitched with Lightroom CC, XT1 and 35mm lens:

17777740854_f17e864b46_b.jpg

I rarely use the menu until after I've captured something. Just pick up camera, already has my settings loaded in then off I go.

I often find myself altering the shadow and highlight tone. Fuji lenses need shadows -2 as they are very contrasty, but the Samyang 12mm would need +2 to keep the look consistent. Highlights I often adjust on the fly as it makes blown highlights can look weird at -2 in high key shots so best not to bother trying to pull them back.

Thats a beauty Ian, love the sky and the amazing light.

I did read the link yesterday when Damien put it up on his fb page and thought it was a lot of effort just for a preview on the back of his camera as he discards the jpegs in Lr. Obviously works for him though as his work is top notch.

Quick question:

I'm off to a party at the weekend and the hosts would like me to bring the camera. The only issue is that I'm recovering from elbow surgery so I may not even be able to hold the bloody thing, never mind do a decent job. Anyway, assuming I can do something, if I set the XT1 to auto aperture and use face detection, will the camera set an aperture that will keep all faces in focus, or just one to get the right exposure for the scene? I'm thinking it may be a nice little shortcut.

I should add that I'm not shooting in any 'official' capacity, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other cameras so I can play around a bit.

really excited for the new firmware, although I'm not sure when I'll use the tracking as don't have a long lens for motors port!

Anyone got an 18-55 they want rid of? Thinking it may be a more affordable solution than getting a 23

I am going on MWHCVT on a milky way evening/night at the Ribblehead Viaduct in July. He has informed me that I may need exposures of more than 30 seconds. How do I do that with the XT-1?

Anyone got an 18-55 they want rid of? Thinking it may be a more affordable solution than getting a 23

Bad timing, as is @minnnt wanted thread for an X-E1 as I will be selling both at the end of the month (but may have a sale lined up for them anyway)

I am going on MWHCVT on a milky way evening/night at the Ribblehead Viaduct in July. He has informed me that I may need exposures of more than 30 seconds. How do I do that with the XT-1?

Cheapest way is to use a cheap canon remote release plugged into the mini jack remote port. IIRC the countter shows on the screen when in bulb mode. Or there is a JJC remote which you can set up for longer exposures and time-lapse.

Think I'm going to get the 18-135mm the price at Digital Rev is a bit of a steal. Anyone using one, if so how does it feel on the X-T1, is focus quick and whats the IQ like?

Bad timing, as is @minnnt wanted thread for an X-E1 as I will be selling both at the end of the month (but may have a sale lined up for them anyway)

Cheapest way is to use a cheap canon remote release plugged into the mini jack remote port. IIRC the countter shows on the screen when in bulb mode. Or there is a JJC remote which you can set up for longer exposures and time-lapse.

So this would do the trick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJC-Wirel...346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item486914dd3a

Think I'm going to get the 18-135mm the price at Digital Rev is a bit of a steal. Anyone using one, if so how does it feel on the X-T1, is focus quick and whats the IQ like?
Only £429 from good UK stockists after cashback!

I may let my X-E1 go given the imminent release of the X-T10. It's black though :p

Only £429 from good UK stockists after cashback!

I may let my X-E1 go given the imminent release of the X-T10. It's black though :p
Yeah, Ive seen that but you've still gotta find the £579, and as far as I can tell DR are a good stockist, just not UK.

Well it was only a matter of time, the card door came off mid shoot! Had to carry on with the stupid sprung bit jabbing me in the hand!

It also carried on being an arse and refused to shoot properly in Continuous, something do do with the af despite priority being for release.

Hillclimb (Three Castles Rally 2015) by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Not sure if this has been covered but if the XT1 runs out of power does it lose all your settings that you've applied/altered for example in the quick menu/function buttons etc?

Back