The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

There is quite a bit of internet chatter about softness at any aperture at the extreme ends of the lens (16-80) - I suspect that some comes from sample variation and others might come from the fact that on the whole any zoom lens where the longer focal length is more than 3 times the shorter focal length is potentially compromised in design. Most 'great' zoom lenses are a multiplier between about 2.5 and 3.5, Fujifilm's less successful ones (in terms of IQ) are 5x (16-80) and 7.5x (18-135) - this though isn't unique to Fujifilm, but fairly true across most lens manufacturers.

To be fair I was just using the garden and the wife to test the lens but I still struggled to find an image I would have kept out of the 300 or so I took. And yes I was pushing the ability of the zoom a fair bit but even the short end didn't offer any kind of stellar sharpness at 100%. The corner sharpness is a known flaw but that I could have lived with, it was the centre sharpness that disappointed me especially when compared to my 55-200 which can be bitingly sharp. Good chance my copy was a friday afternoon one!

Anyone tried a knock off leather every ready style case for the X100 series?

What about a wrist strap? I read that the Peak Designs one is hard to fit and something about v3 being withdrawn as it had a tendency to snap? Any other wrist straps recommended?

Have seen a girlie red button on the shutter release - what is the purpose of it?

The charger arrived today so great service from Bristol Cameras. As I have since learned you don't get a mains cable or USB-C you need to use the one that came with the camera. A bit tight of Fuji given what they charge!

Found a tiny little "Love in the Mist" flower in the garden, so popped it into one of my mini bottles ...
Blue gel on a 685, with neo for fill, opposite.

H1 80mm f16 iso200

Just Blue by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Very nice shot.

Found a tiny little "Love in the Mist" flower in the garden, so popped it into one of my mini bottles ...

H1 80mm f16 iso200

Beautiful picture. Thanks for exposure information.

H1 80mm f16 iso200

"Excellent" close up/still life Fujigraph, well composed with a nice creative presentation.

George.

Beautiful picture. Thanks for exposure information.
Thanks, Trevor :)
Always happy to share info, and I`ll always give an honest answer (so long as it`s not too technical lol) if I can.
I can`t abide these people that won`t say how something is created, of where a location is.

"Excellent" close up/still life Fujigraph, well composed with a nice creative presentation.

George.

Thanks, George :)

How many of you XT4 owners have plumped for the charger?

I'm struggling to justify £60 for it :LOL:
Yes I did. And its a wee bit mean not to include a power lead :(

Last edited:
I’m wrangling with the gods of gas here. Please could someone remind me if the iso select collar/switch stays up on the X100V when you use it or does it spring back when you let go as the XP2 does ?

Hope that made sense!

Charging my new thing of beauty (y)
No charger in the box (n)
I bought the one recommended to me a few days ago but its faulty and does not charge.

I've had the JJC USB version delivered today for about £9 and it works well. I'm running it off a USB bank in my bag for when I'm out. No need to use a computer etc. Charges 2 at a time and flashes as a canon charger 1 flash 25% 2 flashes 25-50 3 flashes 75% and solid when charged. Turns itself off too.

Back