The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The X100V and Sony with the 85mm fits like a dream in my small bag :cool:

Sorted then, mate (y)

I'll give you a fiver for the T4 then, and it'll be out of temptation ;)

I'm a bit behind on this thread, as photography as taken a back seat over the last few months.

However, now that is seems that our long planned holiday on the Dorset coast is going ahead, I've been getting more excited about the landscape photography opportunities! I've even bought a lighter tripod and filter set up, as they were the last bits of my kit that hadn't been shrunk down/optimised for my Fuji set up.

I did take my Fuji kit to my son's first cycle speedway training session at the weekend and am pretty pleased with this shot:

Cycle Speedway Training
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really starting to get back to enjoying photography again after lockdown and using the XT-3 is a total joy. A shot taken at the One new change shopping centre

Selfie - One new Change by Ben Cremin, on Flickr
My X-T2 is going to "Camera Heaven" in the very near future I'm afraid. I'm wondering if I should get a X-T3 or 4. The X-T3 still looks like a great camera for current prices.

My X-T2 is going to "Camera Heaven" in the very near future I'm afraid. I'm wondering if I should get a X-T3 or 4. The X-T3 still looks like a great camera for current prices.

Get the 3, save some £££ and put it towards a lens.

I bought the 4 and wish I'd got the 3. IBIS has no appeal to me now that I've tried it. I can live with the screen but it really hinders the fitting of an L bracket no matter how people try to convince you otherwise. The new battery is good but if you have other/older fuji cameras it's yet another charging cable and charger. I quite frankly don't care a toss for video capabilities and the 4 is heavily geared towards it. In fact wish I'd gone with the xpro3 dura body, I held back because of the titanium problems it's been having.

tbh i've not really been following the technical aspects of the recent upgrades, so I'm way out of the loop.. The X-T3 is definitly up to the job through, but I can see some benefit in using IBIS

tbh i've not really been following the technical aspects of the recent upgrades, so I'm way out of the loop.. The X-T3 is definitly up to the job through, but I can see some benefit in using IBIS

I use my camera on a tripod so often now that I'm convinced IBIS is not necessary for me right now.

First great deal in the classified now.
Dave,
Don't get pushed into giving your kit away. A baby wipe will probably clear any smell, if they have any smell anyway.

You may be better off trading in with wex if you want any sony lenses, saves the hassle from tyre kickers. They were great with my canon kit.

Dave,
Don't get pushed into giving your kit away. A baby wipe will probably clear any smell, if they have any smell anyway.

You may be better off trading in with wex if you want any sony lenses, saves the hassle from tyre kickers. They were great with my canon kit.

Thanks I will let the T4 + 90 go but that`s all, as the others will go if not fussy Fuji guys, but some will be though.

Someone sent stuff back because they thought there was a smoke smell? I remember I bought a lens from a used site before and I got a distinct smoke scent when I opened the package, the seller was a non smoker so can only assume that maybe the delivery guy was smoking in the van. Could it be something like that?

Last edited:
I`m just glad it`s all (almost) gone, and in the afternoon. Saved me getting too tempted, and told off ;)

Don`t be a stranger here though, Dave (y)

OK folks, as I dont want any P taking I will be putting the lot of my Fuji gear in to MPB as I`m sure they will give better deals :cool:

So all deals now off.
Dave,

if you want no hassle and cash mpb
trade in for credit wex, they also do cash on certain items.

or

Put your prices in the ad on classifieds with a firm price or acceptable offers. I think your stuff is already cheap.

Calm down, sleep on it and check the classifieds with fresh eyes.

I completely understand why you're p***ed off, I would be fuming. Luckily you didn't spend the payments or they'd be stuffed. Some have taken the p*** out of you and I can't sit back and watch it.

Take a break and come back on tomorrow, they'll wait a day if they really want your kit. It's way cheaper than refurb stuff.

Dave,

if you want no hassle and cash mpb
trade in for credit wex, they also do cash on certain items.

or

Put your prices in the ad on classifieds with a firm price or acceptable offers. I think your stuff is already cheap.

Calm down, sleep on it and check the classifieds with fresh eyes.

I completely understand why you're p***ed off, I would be fuming. Luckily you didn't spend the payments or they'd be stuffed. Some have taken the p*** out of you and I can't sit back and watch it.

Take a break and come back on tomorrow, they'll wait a day if they really want your kit. It's way cheaper than refurb stuff.

Thank you mate, it is all on hold for a while till MPB/Wex get back to me.

Thank you mate, it is all on hold for a while till MPB/Wex get back to me.
That'll give you a better idea of the actual value you can get back Dave.

I got more for trade in at wex than I was advertising my stuff for. they also gave me more than they said!

Chill out, it'll still be there tomorrow and have a think about what you want to do.

On the flip side people made offers and paid based on certain information, the information changed and you offered refunds. Not sure why you are having a pop at people. Not exactly going to warm potential buyers to dealing with you.

On the flip side people made offers and paid based on certain information, the information changed and you offered refunds. Not sure why you are having a pop at people. Not exactly going to warm potential buyers to dealing with you.
some people made offers had a refund because of 'smoke' but were happy to offer less later.

It's good to get a bargain but taking advantage is just wrong.

It turned into a s*** show with people just taking the p***. If I've upset anyone, tough!

Maybe the 8 pints that Dave said on another thread he drunk today hasn't helped the situation

That doesn't give people the right to take advantage though, does it?

I don't know how some people sleep at night.

The whole thread has gone very weird, got the feeling that it wouldn't have progressed with a clearer head.

Back