The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Ooh cracking shots Steve, I had earmarked this place to go to, but never made it but your great shots make me want to visit! Is there access at all times or is it on NT land?

Hi Donna,

I'm not 100% sure. We parked in Sturminster Newton and walked down to the river from there. There is a much closer car park though...

If you look at the attached map, we parked in Station Rd Carpark (top left) and walked the path to the river, turned right and followed the river to the mill (bottom right). But, the Manor does have a car park. Also, there is Sturminster Mill, which is bottom left on the map, which is worth a visit.

Let me know when you're going, as it's only 20 minutes from me, so I can say hello :wave:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 21.07.50.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 21.07.50.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12
Ok, more advice needed - I am driving to Manchester at the end of the month (I live on the south coast) - so if I had a few extra days to travel a little further for photography, any suggestions? Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Northumberland? Scotland will be the next trip but a little too far this time.

Lake District gets my vote also, but the Peak District is also very nice and is closer to Manchester (and on your way home too). We've stayed in the Haweswater Hotel which is right on Haweswater, and the walking and photography from around there was great. But it's all beautiful, and a bit of snow makes it even more magical.

Hi Donna,

I'm not 100% sure. We parked in Sturminster Newton and walked down to the river from there. There is a much closer car park though...

If you look at the attached map, we parked in Station Rd Carpark (top left) and walked the path to the river, turned right and followed the river to the mill (bottom right). But, the Manor does have a car park. Also, there is Sturminster Mill, which is bottom left on the map, which is worth a visit.

Let me know when you're going, as it's only 20 minutes from me, so I can say hello :wave:
Brilliant, thanks. Will let you know
Also thanks re locations, yes we will probably stay around Lake District, sounds a good idea (went to Peak District last time - in the rain though...)

On the slim chance anyone is looking for an 18-55mm F2.8-4 lens, mine is in the classifieds for sale.

(y)

WEX and CEX both did a great job, and I now have the Tele and Wide adapters for the X100S I bought last week. £220 for the pair. :)

Lousy timing, unfortunately; I have an appointment with a needle-wielding Doc tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be using them until later in the week. :(

Interested in your reasoning for the X-H1 when you've got an X100V and X-T4 with IBIS?
Always wanted an xh1.
Missed out on the last new batch from WEX, missed out on fuji Daves bargain!

I've now got a nice choice to go out and play with. If I love the xh1 the t4 may be sold on...........or not :D

Always wanted an xh1.

I've now got a nice choice to go out and play with. If I love the xh1 the t4 may be sold on...........or not :D

Always fancied one myself and nearly got one instead of the X-T4 to save cash. If you'd have only let your intentions be known then your 100-400 savings could still be intact from be buying your X-T4 for hard cash :p but from past conversations I think you'd have kept it haha.

Hope this convo doesn't give me more GAS because I've just received a refund for my cruise this morning lol.

Always wanted an xh1.

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book David, in my opinion the X-H1 is the finest APSC camera (so far) ever produced by Fuji. "ENJOY".

George.

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book David, in my opinion the X-H1 is the finest APSC camera (so far) ever produced by Fuji. "ENJOY".

George.
Just need a lens now George. I may nick the one off the xt4 for now.

Can't wait to try it out (y)

That's already gone.

You and I both know that :ROFLMAO:

Haha shhhh ;) All I have left to buy are small things. I'd like a new bag for hill walking and camera stuff so I can carry lunch etc. Quite fancy a new Peak Design strap but my body just doesn't get on with them due to broad shoulders, they just seem to dig into my neck or slide off my shoulder even with grip. Also quite fancy a Peak Design quick clip thing as well.

Haha shhhh ;) All I have left to buy are small things. I'd like a new bag for hill walking and camera stuff so I can carry lunch etc. Quite fancy a new Peak Design strap but my body just doesn't get on with them due to broad shoulders, they just seem to dig into my neck or slide off my shoulder even with grip. Also quite fancy a Peak Design quick clip thing as well.
PD clips are great unless the body is huge or has a heavy lens/battery grip fitted. Perfect for a V when you're using another body and need somewhere to pop it. Also very handy when you have to have a pee and don't want to get the backpack off to stick the camera in :ROFLMAO:

PD backpacks are not too good, mine holds the v/f, converters and flask and thats about it unless you're happy ramming stuff in together. Padding is very minimal too.

Last edited:
PD clips are great unless the body is huge or has a heavy lens/battery grip fitted. Perfect for a V when you're using another body and need somewhere to pop it. Also very handy when you have to have a pee and don't want to get the backpack off to stick the camera in :ROFLMAO:

PD backpacks are not to good, mine holds the v/f, converters and flask and thats about it unless you're happy ramming stuff in together. Padding is very minimal too.

Didn't know PD did bags. I'll steer clear of them then, thanks. I've got a Lowepro fastpack 250 bag which the top half is suitable for lunch etc and the bottom is for camera however I find it cumbersome to get the camera in and out. It also doesn't provide much security walking down the street as it can be unzipped and the camera can easily fall out the bag when you unzip so need to be careful.

Didn't know PD did bags. I'll steer clear of them then, thanks. I've got a Lowepro fastpack 250 bag which the top half is suitable for lunch etc and the bottom is for camera however I find it cumbersome to get the camera in and out. It also doesn't provide much security walking down the street as it can be unzipped and the camera can easily fall out the bag when you unzip so need to be careful.

I love all three of my PD slingbags, totally waterproof and great to use. Today I used the 5L, but tomorrow will be the little 3L :cool:

The pd backpacks have security tags on the zips to protect the side openings but the top is just a maglatch.

Nice bags but not really worth the money. Great as a street bag with a smallish camera, jacket, flask etc., but over designed for a utilitarian, hard wearing backpack.

I've ditched all of my large backpacks, whistler is good but feel like a teenage mutant ninja turtle with it on my back. It's massive and I feel the need to fill it so it gets very heavy. Bought a Vanguard veo select and it's great. Doesn't look like a camera pack(when no tripod is strapped in) but hard wearing, room for my kit plus drink, food and jacket.

The pd backpacks have security tags on the zips to protect the side openings but the top is just a maglatch.

Nice bags but not really worth the money. Great as a street bag with a smallish camera, jacket, flask etc., but over designed for a utilitarian, hard wearing backpack.

I've ditched all of my large backpacks, whistler is good but feel like a teenage mutant ninja turtle with it on my back. It's massive and I feel the need to fill it so it gets very heavy. Bought a Vanguard veo select and it's great. Doesn't look like a camera pack(when no tripod is strapped in) but hard wearing, room for my kit plus drink, food and jacket.

Thinktank Photo are my go to for bags these days.

V is £1,300, I just bought an F new for £769. Refurb on Fuji site is £699, I certainly wasn't willing to pay over £500 extra for a V.

Aye, the older models didn't suddenly get much worse because a new one turned up. Same as I feel with the X-H1, sure the T4 might well be a bit snazzier but in practice for my type of shooting, the H1 is more than good enough. I certainly wouldn't say no to an F either, though not sure I'd pay that much. I had the X100s when it first came out and didn't use it as much as I thought I might, but they are lovely cameras and very handy as an 'always have with' - with IQ matching the bigger boys

I still have my old TT Sling-o-matic 20, must have it about 8-9 years now. Bought for FF gear, now used as storage for all of my Fuji gear. Neater in there and better protected than taking up a random cupboard or drawer. If it wasn't so big and bulky I'd still us it as an actual camera bag maybe :D but, those things are tough, mine still looks unused though it's been around in all sorts

Last edited:
My "Grab bag" is my Thinktank Streetwalker, which can take an X-T body with 10-24 fitted, 50-140 and 34 f1.4, spare batteries, filter holder & my big stopper. I can also attach a tripod, and carry a bottle of water & a lightweight rain jacket. It all fits very comfortably across the shoulders, putting less strain on my back.

I have a small Billingham if I'm going really light.

Took both Sony and Mr Fuji V out today, but for a change only used Mr V, the Pavilion Archway shot is in Classic Neg and it was payed for by the Indian govenment as a thank you for looking after the indian soldiers all those years ago when the pavilion was a hospital.

The Clock Tower by Dave, on Flickr

St Nicholas Church by Dave, on Flickr

St Nicholas of Myra Church by Dave, on Flickr

Pavilion Archway by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice set of Fujigraphs Dave, particularly liking the mono presentation of the church.

George.

Found an old think-tank shoulder bag last week, hidden away in the back of my wardrobe*. It's brushed up like new again and is now my battery pack, charger, cleaning cloth and general storage bag.

*I say my wardrobe, I have a rail. That's 'a' as in a single rail. Like my single drawer.

Our bedroom has built in wardrobes all the way down both sides of the room but I've been allocated 1 rail!

I do however have a cupboard for my camera gear and I apparently have the garage, workshop and shed. Garage has car in it, workshop has tools in it and the shed has bikes and gardening crap in it.

Do I sound bitter

Last edited:
Back