The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, well composed with some very appealing light and a lovely rainbow.

George.
When I was there the other week they were queuing to get on the car parks and around the lake. I usually have it all to myself. Luckily lots of the mountain trails are unknown by the majority and they just race around the lake look at the dam then look at the waterfalls then speed off home.

The road was closed at the waterfall end too......................... and it was raining (y)

Cheers chaps.

The road is still shut around the cafe side of the reservoir. You can get as far as the Bala road going the other way around. I just parked up there and went wandering around the hills nearby. You’re right that most people don’t venture more than two feet from the dam or the cafe. Lots to see if you’re willing to explore.

Does anyone still have a working XF1? I read reports from people a while ago that appeared to signify most of their XF1's had given up the ghost. I was just looking through a cupboard today and found mine. I haven't used it since Dec 2017, yet there was still enough power in the battery to start it up and take half a dozen pictures. 8 years old and still works fine.
It's a great pocketable basic camera, I need to start taking it out with me again.

I like that ...
But wondered if you could add some frame to the top? I kept scrolling to try and find it ;)

Yep I realised when I got hom and went through images that I had cocked up :runaway:
Sadly my ps has stopped working and I’m not sure I have the skills to do a decent job of it :(

Yep I realised when I got hom and went through images that I had cocked up :runaway:
Sadly my ps has stopped working and I’m not sure I have the skills to do a decent job of it :(

I'll be happy to give it a go, if it's OK with you :)

Does anyone still have a working XF1? I read reports from people a while ago that appeared to signify most of their XF1's had given up the ghost. I was just looking through a cupboard today and found mine. I haven't used it since Dec 2017, yet there was still enough power in the battery to start it up and take half a dozen pictures. 8 years old and still works fine.
It's a great pocketable basic camera, I need to start taking it out with me again.
I've got one that still works. Haven't used it (other than to check it still works) for years....

One from the weekend, for a flickr group ')
Honesty seed heads. Only realised as I was composing the shot, that the numbers were what they are haha I had a 1, but no 5, as being i`m an odd number kinda fella etc

H1 80mm + mcex16

234 by Paulie-W, on Flickr

I had forgotten how different the average dslr is in use to ML! And it's made me appreciate the Fuji cams all the more [as I do believe they are the most user friendly] - I was asked in work to do some beginner friendly photography tutorials, one on one photo walks as we are restricted as to the activities we can do atm - using the manager's Nikon D5200 ... damn, I had to look up some tips like a beginner myself [I used Nikon cameras for a decade, didn't help!] Honestly, these supposed beginner or entry level dslr make things more complicated having to use fn buttons for basci functions like changing ISO or SS when in A mode and flicking between live view and the menu is sluggish - got the hang of it pretty fast but the people I was teaching have learning difficulties and I found it cumbersome and awkward, just trying to show composition in live view was a real chore [they get more confused when I switch to OVF] - the horrible drag of the shutter meant they were getting a lot of blurred images too, because soon as they click they put the camera down, they expect the image to be there perfectly in focus etc ... I would bring my own cam in but they're not offering to cover me if anything happens to it. Must try convince the manager to get herself something like an X-T20 and then allow us to use that :D

Last edited:
Really like that George, feel like I'm being drawn into the scene, almost mesmerizing.

Thank you kindly Colin, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Anybody else struggle with the IOS app and X-T4? My phone and camera are paired. Connected over wifi. But they just do not want to talk to each other. It's worked in the past but just seems so unreliable. Am I missing a trick somewhere?

android and xt30 here so maybe no help but bluetooth seems marginally less bad

still not Fujis finest hour to say the least

android and xt30 here so maybe no help but bluetooth seems marginally less bad

still not Fujis finest hour to say the least

It seems to work okay as a remote release. I guess that works over bluetooth? Anything else seems to require wifi which shows the symbol to say it's connected but if I actually try to do anything like import or live view, I just get a perpetual progress icon saying 'connecting please wait'. Never actually connects. Tried reinstalling app, still the same.

I don't know how much I'd use it but it would be nice to have the option.

Back