The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks twist but I've just removed (1) and still can't read it!!
That is 100% the issue though. Search your computer for previous downloads, delete them all and download again, also reformat the SD card.

Thanks YoshiK1 - formatted 2 cards still no joy - through the app?? - I'm old don't understand!!

Haha, there's the Fuji Remote app you can get on your phone. If you connect your phone to the camera then you can download updates to your phone and it gets transferred to the camera to update. I've never had an issue with doing it this way myself.

Haha, there's the Fuji Remote app you can get on your phone. If you connect your phone to the camera then you can download updates to your phone and it gets transferred to the camera to update. I've never had an issue with doing it this way myself.
Thanks - think that's a job for the grandkids!!

I need some advice my dudes. Admittedly I sold my Fuji lenses to a friend as I was going to sell up my kit and keep the X100V but I've realised that was a mistake and I should have kept them. I've just bought the 50-140 again but I'm stuck for wider lenses. I'm unsure if I should get a 16mm and 23mm or a 10-24mm and 23mm. Or even wait entirely for the new 10-24mm but I'll have spent the money by then :D. Another thought was to get a 23mm and 18-55mm.

I've looked at my focal lengths for previous images and there's a few from when I had the 12mm Samyang (no longer have it) but most focal lengths are about 21-24mm on a cropped and full sensor. Even thought it's an amazing lens, I'm wondering if the 10-24mm is worth the cash to be used mostly at the end of the focal length.

I will be getting a 23mm as I like the focal length and wouldn't carry around both the X100V and the X-T4 at the same time purely for weight reasons. HALP!

Thanks YoshiK1 - formatted 2 cards still no joy - through the app?? - I'm old don't understand!!

I had this yesterday. I found the root of the problem was that further down my downloads list was an update file from a few months ago that had the same file name, it looks like Fuji reused the file name. Hence the new update file being downloaded as a duplicate. I went down my download list, removed the old file, removed the copy I'd just downloaded and then grabbed the new update again and everything went smoothly.

I need some advice my dudes. Admittedly I sold my Fuji lenses to a friend as I was going to sell up my kit and keep the X100V but I've realised that was a mistake and I should have kept them. I've just bought the 50-140 again but I'm stuck for wider lenses. I'm unsure if I should get a 16mm and 23mm or a 10-24mm and 23mm. Or even wait entirely for the new 10-24mm but I'll have spent the money by then :D. Another thought was to get a 23mm and 18-55mm.

I've looked at my focal lengths for previous images and there's a few from when I had the 12mm Samyang (no longer have it) but most focal lengths are about 21-24mm on a cropped and full sensor. Even thought it's an amazing lens, I'm wondering if the 10-24mm is worth the cash to be used mostly at the end of the focal length.

I will be getting a 23mm as I like the focal length and wouldn't carry around both the X100V and the X-T4 at the same time purely for weight reasons. HALP!

I've got all of the lenses you mention there, plus the 35mm 1.4 and 56 1.2 and 90, but the latter are more portrait specific I guess. I have hardly used the 23 at all, but use the 10-24 lots. I also love the 35, and 16, and have the 35 on one of my X-Pro cameras when walking around. If i were starting again I would have the 10-24 and 18-55 and the 35 for 16 1.4 for a fast prime, though it depends on what you shoot most.

I've got all of the lenses you mention there, plus the 35mm 1.4 and 56 1.2 and 90, but the latter are more portrait specific I guess. I have hardly used the 23 at all, but use the 10-24 lots. I also love the 35, and 16, and have the 35 on one of my X-Pro cameras when walking around. If i were starting again I would have the 10-24 and 18-55 and the 35 for 16 1.4 for a fast prime, though it depends on what you shoot most.

I'm not sure why I'm attached to the 23mm but I think it's really only for street plus a good all rounder for walking about. Then I suppose I could use the X100V for that. I may just get the 10-24 instead then and later get the 18-55 as I don't really shoot in the middle of that for landscapes. Finally I have some clarity! haha, thanks for the assist. ;)

There are a number of things to consider here, image quality, max aperture, WR and weight/size of kit.

If IQ is paramount then the XF16mmF1.4 'must' be on your shopping list

If primes are important then I'd buy the XF16mm F1.4 and XF23mm F1.4 - both are stellar lenses, and for those times you would use a 12mm, you could stitch a 2/3 shot pano from the 16mm -I'm not a 50mm FF shooter so would happily not have a 35mm lens.

If zooms are important then the 10-24 should be considered, but the original is not WR and both versions are only F4

If weight/size is not an issue then the XF16-55mm will do just about anything!

Of course I have a lonely 23mm F1.4 in the classifieds which would love a new home.....................

This is all so personal and I've wrestled with this inner turmoil so many times. Primes vs zooms. Wide vs standard. Fast glass vs lightweight etc. There's definitely not a definitive answer. My own take on it: If I shot really wide a lot more I'd have the 10-24 in a heartbeat but in reality I find 16mm wide enough almost all of the time and I keep a Samyang 12mm in the bag for when I need wider or for astro. The 23mm 1.4 is a must have for me as well. Love the focal length and look of the images. I like the 16mm as well but I'd struggle to justify owning both and 23mm suits me better. I think if I was to get another fast prime it would be the 56mm as I feel that would offer enough of something different vs the 23mm. For most general stuff I use a 16-55 and 50-140. The 16-55 is a lens with no compromises other than weights and £'s. It's boringly competent and just gets the job done every time.

This is all so personal and I've wrestled with this inner turmoil so many times. Primes vs zooms. Wide vs standard. Fast glass vs lightweight etc. There's definitely not a definitive answer. My own take on it: If I shot really wide a lot more I'd have the 10-24 in a heartbeat but in reality I find 16mm wide enough almost all of the time and I keep a Samyang 12mm in the bag for when I need wider or for astro. The 23mm 1.4 is a must have for me as well. Love the focal length and look of the images. I like the 16mm as well but I'd struggle to justify owning both and 23mm suits me better. I think if I was to get another fast prime it would be the 56mm as I feel that would offer enough of something different vs the 23mm. For most general stuff I use a 16-55 and 50-140. The 16-55 is a lens with no compromises other than weights and £'s. It's boringly competent and just gets the job done every time.
Very similar to me. My main lenses are the 16-55 and 50-140. I think Ive used my 56mm once in 2 years and the 23mm as beautiful as it is maybe once this year. Im an unashamed zoom guy! If Im honest I think I should sell some of my lesser used lenses. However, Ive now retired and keep thinking its better to hang onto them as my disposable income is less than it was. But GAS does loom.....

Thank you to those that recommended the Lexar Professional card reader as a replacement SD card reader.
I've ordered one and await delivery.

Cheers folks

Very similar to me. My main lenses are the 16-55 and 50-140. I think Ive used my 56mm once in 2 years and the 23mm as beautiful as it is maybe once this year. Im an unashamed zoom guy! If Im honest I think I should sell some of my lesser used lenses. However, Ive now retired and keep thinking its better to hang onto them as my disposable income is less than it was. But GAS does loom.....

Yes there is a lot of talk about Prime lenses in Fuji land but I love Zoom lenses :( I can see the appeal of Prime lenses for sure and will probably get one for my X-T3 but I find them limiting - in the bicycle world its comparable to trying a Singlespeed bike - sounds great and is all the rage but when I tried it it felt as though I was always in the wrong gear !

Yes there is a lot of talk about Prime lenses in Fuji land but I love Zoom lenses :( I can see the appeal of Prime lenses for sure and will probably get one for my X-T3 but I find them limiting - in the bicycle world its comparable to trying a Singlespeed bike - sounds great and is all the rage but when I tried it it felt as though I was always in the wrong gear !
Yeah, can't imagine a zoomless life.

I switched to primes a few years ago, mainly because I have physical difficulties, it didn't take me long to get used to being zoomless.

Its switching back that's the issue, the first couple of times I went out with the 16-55, I'd set it to a focal length, and then forget that I could change it!!!

Another nothing update for the H-1 ... has anyone updated? any chance there's some hidden improvements? seemingly a bug fix but I don't experience any issues with mine, so probably not even worth the bother

I just did mine, and nothing to note. Camera still works lol which is always a good thing ;)

Hello lovely Fuji-ers.

I have a question/quandary..

I use the Fuji XT30 for commercial food photography. I have real difficulty transferring images from camera to my IPhone. I need to do this on set and not at home on the Mac.

The camera really struggles to find the phone.. majority of the time it can’t find it.

Is this a known Fuji issue? Should I consider moving to a different brand? ‍♂

Not a Fuji owner but I have read of complaints about the Fuji app with regards this..Maybe try googling "Fuji App problems" and see what comes up??

Just a quick message to tell you folks to sell the below lenses that you've been thinking about selling whilst I have the cash waiting....... :D

Fuji 10-24 - EDIT: Got one so no longer needed.
1.4x TC

Last edited:
Does anyone have any low-cost solutions for powering an X-T2 externally? I'm doing a lot of astrophotography so need to have the camera powered for a few hours, and I really can't be assed switching batteries around every half an hour or so! I've tried connecting a USB power pack into the USB port which seems to work fairly well, but isn't very consistent and I've had it stop working a few times. Looks like there's a rubber bung by the battery door which I assume means there's a way of powering with a wired device in the battery compartment?

I'm not particularly a "primes" person but I do have the 35 f1.4 & 90 f2 which I wouldn't part with. I also miss my 16 f1.4, so if you were going for a collection of primes, these would be my choice.

I also have the 10-24, 50-140 & 100-400. These are all integral to my photography, I couldn't do without any of them, unless I replaced the 10-24 with the 8-16, but I don't need a divorce right now.:LOL:

Does anyone have any low-cost solutions for powering an X-T2 externally? I'm doing a lot of astrophotography so need to have the camera powered for a few hours, and I really can't be assed switching batteries around every half an hour or so! I've tried connecting a USB power pack into the USB port which seems to work fairly well, but isn't very consistent and I've had it stop working a few times. Looks like there's a rubber bung by the battery door which I assume means there's a way of powering with a wired device in the battery compartment?
Amazon sell a dummy battery that has a power lead connection. There are probably other dummy battery packs around, but the Amazon one is around £20 if that helps. Search fora W126 dc coupler or dummy battery adapter

I really need to get out and test it - that was the plan for this weekend but the weather forecast says otherwise!!!

Yeah it's not a great looking weekend. I've seennquote a few images with it and they look great! My next purchase I think!

I really need to get out and test it - that was the plan for this weekend but the weather forecast says otherwise!!!

Yeah it's not a great looking weekend. I've seennquote a few images with it and they look great! My next purchase I think!

I have just purchased the Pro (not the Pro X which is the zoom you have) from the Thingyfy website. 99 USD (inclu. shipping) and probably shipping from China lol. I wonder what the customs will be.....2-3 weeks will tell all.

Haha well if you could provide low cost GAS options then I welcome them. I'm in the market for a Hasselblad 500c/m or Fuji GW690III and for $99 I will buy both :D

I've already got a GSW690III, paid a bit more than $99 though!!!! Another film body arrived today Fuji STX-2 - to keep my STX-1N company (one for colour, one for b+w), also have 28/35/50mm lenses, bought an immaculate Ricoh FF-9 at a collectible market last week for £1.50, new battery and it works fine, along with this week's X-M1, my camera collection is growing, when will it all end........

I think I saw something, but can someone please advise again what I do with the firmware update on X-T3. It has come up saying 'firmware not found' on the SD card
EDIT - found it above, and downloading now. There really is great help on this site, thanks!

Last edited:
I think I saw something, but can someone please advise again what I do with the firmware update on X-T3. It has come up saying 'firmware not found' on the SD card
You need to make sure you’ve deleted all previous firmware files or it will save incorrectly when downloaded and won’t be recognised by the camera.

Just been trying the focus tracking and eye detect on the X-T3 - its pretty damn sticky isn't it ? Very simple to use also !

And this coming from someone whose last camera was a Sony...

Back