The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Simply love the water droplets on that autumn leaf - stunning photography....!

Have that Professionally printed and hung proudly etc... wOOw

mac

Wow thank you. That`s very kind of you to say :)

Just a simple candid street street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of three people sitting on the beach with their top coats on maybe Waiting For The Sun.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Sun-03472 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

One from my walk this evening

X-Pro2; XC50-230; f11; ISO200; 1/140

Thought I would post this link for any lucky owners who might own the Fujinon XF 8-16mm f2.8 lens.
It gives you the option of using 100mm filters as opposed to the Lee 150mm holder and larger filters.

Thought i would do a firmware update tonight on the XT2 but my Anker SD card reader had other ideas telling me that all my SD cards are write protected..........when I know they are not!

Anyone able to recommend a good SD card reader as a replacement?

Trying to decide between the 18-55 and 16-80 ? Any here use the 16-80 ? Is it as bad as some of the reviews suggest or is it acceptable in real life ? Thanks

New X-T3 Firmware Released Today

The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”(X-T4).
1) The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4.
2) The algorithm for predicting subject movements has been updated.
3) AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
4) The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes.
5) The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
6) The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
* When compared with the Firmware Ver.3.30.
** When using the FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR.
Other improvements.
1) The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording.
2) Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
3) The focus point can be changed by the focus lever during AE lock.
4) The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE.
Fix of minor bugs.

I wonder what the low light AF -EV is with lenses other than the XF50 F1.0

Trying to decide between the 18-55 and 16-80 ? Any here use the 16-80 ? Is it as bad as some of the reviews suggest or is it acceptable in real life ? Thanks

I’m happy with my 16-80.

It’s a nice walk about lens and good for landscapes. It’s ever so slightly soft in the corners at 16/80 wide open but that’s definitely a non issue for landscapes and portraits. I tested mine using a brick wall and you can see a difference from f8 up at 16mm and 80mm. The softness is over exaggerated and you really have to pixel peep. Non of my photos have the subject in the corner edges anyway! If you’re looking at a photo you’re not looking at corner edge softness.

I’d recommend it, half the size/weight and less cost than a 16-55. If you enjoy zooming in at 200% to pixel peep or printing really large it may not be for you. I see it as a non issue.

I’m happy with my 16-80.

It’s a nice walk about lens and good for landscapes. It’s ever so slightly soft in the corners at 16/80 wide open but that’s definitely a non issue for landscapes and portraits. I tested mine using a brick wall and you can see a difference from f8 up at 16mm and 80mm. The softness is over exaggerated and you really have to pixel peep. Non of my photos have the subject in the corner edges anyway! If you’re looking at a photo you’re not looking at corner edge softness.

I’d recommend it, half the size/weight and less cost than a 16-55. If you enjoy zooming in at 200% to pixel peep or printing really large it may not be for you. I see it as a non issue.

Yep I agree with this - I've never looked at a great photo and then checked to see if the corners are soft..

Another nothing update for the H-1 ... has anyone updated? any chance there's some hidden improvements? seemingly a bug fix but I don't experience any issues with mine, so probably not even worth the bother

For some reason the 16-80 was hyped by a few as some sort of must-have wonder-lens on the internet in the months leading to its launch.

Expectations were way too high - and the initial reviews / opinion reflect that disappointment.

The 18-55 gets mixed opinions as well. I have the 18-55 and I like it. I suspect I'd be equally happy with the 16-80 - swapping the extra reach and better OIS for the extra stop at the wide end.

I have resisted the 16-55 because of the size/weight and cost and lack of OIS .... though having said that if I'd started out with a X-H1 then I might have been more tempted by it.

The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”(X-T4).
1) The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4.
3) AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
4) The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes.
5) The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
6) The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
Other improvements.
2) Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
4) The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE.
Fix of minor bugs.

Thanks for the heads up. Just done it - I was on version 1!

Has anyone updated their X-T3 firmware yet?

Particularly interested to see if it improves the 23 1.4 / 56 1.2 much ( I know they’ll never be speedy though!).
Just done mine and only tested it with the 35/1.4 and 100-400 so far. It's noticeably faster to AF with both of those so looking promising.

Other improvements.
Fix of minor bugs.

So it doesn't add any film simulation? I am not sure how hardware has anything to do with it when they can add it to the X-S1?

Am I being too greedy? Probably I am ;)

Hello, I have tried downloading new xt3 firmware on my Mac. I can't get the software to open, do I need a program for this to work? if not what program opens it on the ois. M any thanks, Andy.

Hello, I have tried downloading new xt3 firmware on my Mac. I can't get the software to open, do I need a program for this to work? if not what program opens it on the ois. M any thanks, Andy.

you will need to put it on the SD card and install it in camera

You don't open the firmware, you apply it to the camera, either using the app, or via an SD card.
If you have tried to open it (say in an editor) you run the risk of having corrupted it, so throw it away and download again.

The App instructions are on the firmware page.
The SD card route is

Other improvements.

Fix of minor bugs.

Many thanks to LC2, in the end I downloaded onto an old windows lap top, firmware 4 now installed! Now all we need is some decent weather to try it out!

Another nothing update for the H-1 ... has anyone updated? any chance there's some hidden improvements? seemingly a bug fix but I don't experience any issues with mine, so probably not even worth the bother
Didn’t even know about it until I saw your post Keith.

a couple of people complaining about issues after the update on dpr.

Is this the file for X-T3 update FWUP0019(1).DAT ?- I've updated previous camera/lens without problems, but this time says update not found in slot1

Is this the file for X-T3 update FWUP0019(1).DAT ?- I've updated previous camera/lens without problems, but this time says update not found in slot1

The 1 usually means its a copy, probably why the camera can't see it.

How many times have you downloaded that same file? The (1) normally gets added by windows or the browser when it finds a file of the same name. It's possible that the camera is looking for the update filename of FWUP0019.DAT which is why it's not finding it. I've downloaded the firmware version to check the name and it doesn't contain the (1). Try removing it (including the brackets) from the filename and try again.

Reactions: Doc
Back