The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Love it Rick..!! So looking forward to my X-H1 arriving, oohhh that silky buttery smooooth shutter button does it for me..!!

Cheers;
Peter

Superb camera, just oozes quality. I much prefer it to my XT3. And a real bargain now too.

Does anyone here ever get tempted for the GFX50R medium format..? I could afford the body but would struggle to purchase the dedicated lenses if I'm honest...

mac
I do from time to time, but I just can't justify it at the moment, The images look superb though.

Does anyone here ever get tempted for the GFX50R medium format..? I could afford the body but would struggle to purchase the dedicated lenses if I'm honest...

mac

Yes on a regular basis !!! - I borrowed a GFX50S+32-64+Tiltable EVF back in spring 2019 - Images are sublime, but for me it has three disadvantages

1) Its quite bulky and heavy when you start thinking of carrying an extra lens
2) Its chuffing expensive especially when you take the glass into account
3) Although the images are sublime, its not MF enough, the sensor just isn't large enough for that 'MF Look'

That not to say I won't be visiting the discussion in my head again (and again).

I have gone out and spent a £1000 on two MF film cameras - Fujifilm GSW690iii and Fujifilm GA645 - the images from the GSW690III are just sublime, and can be scanned to really high resolutions. The 645 is new to me and I've got my first roll of film in it now.

Its very easy to sucked into the level of detail from the GFX50 cameras - the reality that unless you are printing huge its just pixel peeping, I print up to A2, and 24MP is certainly enough.

GFX Image
bBVduRch.jpg

100%
mvwMn6T.jpg

Scary isn't it!!! But you just start looking for detail and ignoring the picture as a whole!!

Same location, different day, better light, XT2+XF16mmF1.4

Dinorwic 02-1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Last edited:
We took a six mile walk this afternoon to Aberfoyle, Dukes Pass (The Trossachs) with the collie dog. I seemed to get my focusing issues solved with the XF55-200mm lens attached to the X-Pro1 as I had the 'Macro' button set to 'On' instead of set to 'Off', so it wouldn't focus further away...

Breia

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF55-200 - @ f/4.8 - iso 200 - 1/20th - handheld

mac

It used to be said that it was almost impossible to take a bad portrait of certain models because they knew just how to pose to ensure that the photographer got a good image. I think Breia is one of them.:)

Mr Perceptive (David);

The Fujifilm GSW690iii is a beautiful Pro medium format film camera, well before digital I used to shoot these; RB/RZ 67's - Mamiya C330s - S-QA - Toyo 5x4 - Nikon FM etc...

I'd so love to find a minty/clean GSW690iii at some stage - iconic camera for sure.

Cheers;
Peter

Mr Perceptive (David);

The Fujifilm GSW690iii is a beautiful Pro medium format film camera, well before digital I used to shoot these; RB/RZ 67's - Mamiya C330s - S-QA - Toyo 5x4 - Nikon FM etc...

I'd so love to find a minty/clean GSW690iii at some stage - iconic camera for sure.

Cheers;
Peter

The GSW690iii is lovely, lacks a bit of soul, but the images when everything comes together are out of this world. I bought mine this year, low roll count, one previous owner (director at CameraWorld). I've got a 6x6 WLF MF camera on the shopping list, that would complete my MF setup, and at a fraction of the fraction of the cost of a decent GFX setup. Obviously film and developing cost, but I've invested in a decent scanner (I've got one image scanned as a 48bit RAW at 13846x9182 thats 127MP !!!!)

I've put some images here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157716025150947

Fifteen hundred-ish feet is the elevation, a ruined weighing hut where scalpins and rubble were weighed giving those operating the bargen some small credit before being tipped down the mountainside. Incised in one of the blocks forming the doorway, unusually stone rather than slate. A self portrait before going off to fight in the great war - did he have an intimation he might not return?
Or was it carved by a friend in memory?

The Unknown Quarryman 1914
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Found the only tree with leaves left this morning.
the woods were a mess, large branches and trees down everywhere. Looks like any more images will need mist or frost now. It’s getting difficult to find any shots.

Last edited:
Morning Guys,

Question if I may. I have the X-Pro2 and use this for my street photography, but lately have been looking more and more at the x100v. Does this offer any benefits over the Pro2 ? I’ve had a couple of previous iterations and loved them. Interested in views from anyone that has both or has gone from one to the other.

Morning Guys,

Question if I may. I have the X-Pro2 and use this for my street photography, but lately have been looking more and more at the x100v. Does this offer any benefits over the Pro2 ? I’ve had a couple of previous iterations and loved them. Interested in views from anyone that has both or has gone from one to the other.

Doesn't really answer your question, but might offer food for thought.

I went from X100s to an XE3.

With the 27mm pancake lens the XE3 is about the same size as the X100 and, of course, I have the option of using other lenses.

The XE3, with the latest firmware is waaay quicker to focus than the X100s, but I don't know about the v.

I regard my current kit as the best I've ever had in terms of how it suits me.

Last edited:
The last few pages have some lovely pictures, obviously taken in some really nice light.
How come - here in Cornwall it's been so flat, grey and dull, not to mention drizzly for days.
I've struggled to open the curtains some days, let alone gone out with a camera in what is so often such a good time of year.

Fellow Fuji lovers, I need your help again.

A few pages back I asked for some advice regarding transferring files from my XT-30 to my phone through Fuji’s native app. I was very kindly pointed to a work around for this problem.

My question today surrounds whether or not I should trade in/up my XT-30 for an XT-4.

For the past year I have been building a client base within the hospitality industry as a food photographer and social media marketer. (We’re called Lost in Cheshire, shameless plug). The XT-30 has been able to perform beautifully as food photography tends to be a little more relaxed and easy paced.

My quandary; Of late, I have sort of joined forces with a very large PR agency as their photographer (and my partner as their videographer). This work involves shooting portraits on location of their clients, products and when lockdown lifts/social distancing is relaxed they will need an events photographer.

Today on location with our celebrity client my little XT-30 couldn’t really keep up. I have been using CL/CH mode as I like to get people to move freely while I shoot. The XT-30 started strong but then started to drip slowly, shot by shot. Which forced me to pull out my iPhone because “I wanted to see what it looked like”. At least that’s what I told the client, in my head I’m screaming, “DONT YOU DARE DIE ON ME”.

My question really is this: Does the XT4 have more ‘oomf’? Able to last longer? I know I’ll already benefit from the enhanced auto focus as I’m missing a lot of eye focus on XT30.

I also have questions regarding lens’ but I feel I’ve been wittering enough already. Would love some guidance from you lovely people [emoji16]

Back