The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fellow Fuji lovers, I need your help again.

A few pages back I asked for some advice regarding transferring files from my XT-30 to my phone through Fuji’s native app. I was very kindly pointed to a work around for this problem.

My question today surrounds whether or not I should trade in/up my XT-30 for an XT-4.

For the past year I have been building a client base within the hospitality industry as a food photographer and social media marketer. (We’re called Lost in Cheshire, shameless plug). The XT-30 has been able to perform beautifully as food photography tends to be a little more relaxed and easy paced.

My quandary; Of late, I have sort of joined forces with a very large PR agency as their photographer (and my partner as their videographer). This work involves shooting portraits on location of their clients, products and when lockdown lifts/social distancing is relaxed they will need an events photographer.

Today on location with our celebrity client my little XT-30 couldn’t really keep up. I have been using CL/CH mode as I like to get people to move freely while I shoot. The XT-30 started strong but then started to drip slowly, shot by shot. Which forced me to pull out my iPhone because “I wanted to see what it looked like”. At least that’s what I told the client, in my head I’m screaming, “DONT YOU DARE DIE ON ME”.

My question really is this: Does the XT4 have more ‘oomf’? Able to last longer? I know I’ll already benefit from the enhanced auto focus as I’m missing a lot of eye focus on XT30.

I also have questions regarding lens’ but I feel I’ve been wittering enough already. Would love some guidance from you lovely people [emoji16]

Are you sure the X-T30 wasn’t just suffering from buffering ? It might just be struggling to write to the cards quickly enough.
The X-T4 uses 2 UHS-2 cards. It saves images much more quickly and from memory has a faster processor.
You might wanna consider getting one and holding on to you T30. Always good to have a back up in case of failure/disaster.

Lens ? Yep get the 16-55 f2.8

Photos of X100V now added to me advert in the classifieds.
(y)

You're gonna need another camera to take pix of the new wheels ;)

Are you srill gonna be running big n fat?

Are you sure the X-T30 wasn’t just suffering from buffering ? It might just be struggling to write to the cards quickly enough.
The X-T4 uses 2 UHS-2 cards. It saves images much more quickly and from memory has a faster processor.
You might wanna consider getting one and holding on to you T30. Always good to have a back up in case of failure/disaster.

I was gonna suggest looking at the sd card

my xt30 seemed sluggish then I remembered I was using it with a card I had had laying around

got a new max spec one and things improved pretty dramatically

XT4 will doubtless be faster, for me I am not keen on the screen flippage for my use I prefer the xt 30 xt3 one

Last edited:
Not many big sleeps now til my X-H1/grip arrives - fabulous!

mac
Looking forward to seeing some shots, do you still have the X-Pro 1?

Memories of Venice back at the beginning of last year with my little XE2s and 18-55mm - an early start to catch the first light over the lagoon and my walk took me across San Marco.
Early Light at San Marco by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr
Such a beautiful capture that Ron - very atmospheric, love the early morning light, that would make a stunning large/framed print I'm sure....!!!

Regards;
Peter

You know you’re doing the right thing.

I shall be spending Christmas with mine, sitting in front of the tv in my underpants eating a 4ft toblerone.

what? I’ve got nothing else to do!

I too will be in my underpants, stroking my V, and whilst a Toblerone sounds appealing as a starter or desert, I would prefer a full blown roast turkey dinner thanks.

I too will be in my underpants, stroking my V, and whilst a Toblerone sounds appealing as a starter or desert, I would prefer a full blown roast turkey dinner thanks.

The trick is to let people walking by your house see you doing it. Curtains or blinds at just the right angle so they get an eyeful but only enough for the glance, don’t want to kill them on the spot.

It’s by far my favourite way of ruining a happy Christmas for passers by and scarring people for life. I have a grinch mask I occasionally wear too, just that and my pants. Sometimes my socks too if I’m feeling adventurous. I think it turns my wife on, she hasn’t said but it must do.

Certain things cannot be unseen and no amount of eye bleach helps :ROFLMAO:

Back