The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My elderly neighbour had a fall about 2am so I went out to see what the moaning was, so phoned 999 and they took her to hospital for a check up as she hurt her wrist. Her daughter and son just knocked on the door and gave me these as a thank you. Their Mum is now back home.

X100V and just a quick shot.

Yellow Rose by Dave, on Flickr

Roses by Dave, on Flickr

Flowers by Dave, on Flickr

Its probably been spoken about on here before but is there any advantage using uncompressed vs lossless compressed? The file size is double so surely there has to be an advantage but based on my very quick google search I dont see any benefits

X100 original.
With the WCL

Every time i look at my pictures from this camera I wonder why I shoot anything else.
It is so much fun to shoot, even if it's a little slow.

Tunsgate.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr
I'm the same with the X-Pro1, the sensor is rather special I believe.

Great capture - love the angles...!

mac

Its probably been spoken about on here before but is there any advantage using uncompressed vs lossless compressed? The file size is double so surely there has to be an advantage but based on my very quick google search I dont see any benefits

Ben., The only difference that I personally have found is that Fuji-X lossless compressed files will not open properly when using "Affinity Photo" on my iPad Pro. They appear in the RAW converter part of the programme with such a strong magenta cast that it is uncorrectable, whereas the uncompressed RAW files open correctly. Other than that I personally have noticed no difference in image quality, but that certainly doesn't mean there isn't any.

Just had to look that up and yes, it is lacking somewhat isn't it? I'd like to test one first of course but I think that might actually kill that lens for me as I like to get in close to stuff. Long way off if I ever do get it anyway, 8-16 and 100-400 are ahead of it in my dream line up queue!

I also have the 100-400, and that isn't brilliant for close up work either, but a set of tubes really makes a difference on either lens.

I never thought I would say this, but.... I'm getting excellent battery life now that I am shooting manually and have turned everything off that I don't need. It's quite strange. :D

Hi folks
I bought a Fuji X-S10 in back end of December, delivered early Jan. All been fine so far, but today I noticed what I think is a "stuck" pixel (it's bright green) as opposed to a hot pixel red, or dead pixel (black) towards the left edge of the screen when photographing a low key image. Obviously it may have been there a while, although I'm fairly certain it's not been there too long, but now it's there I can't unsee it. I've never had a camera with this problem before.

Obviously I can clone this out of shots pretty easily, and it's way to the left of the frame, although it's be a pain doing so and annoying given the cost. Is this something I have to live with, or given it's less than 3 months old, is this something that would be dealt with under warranty? Appreciate any advice here, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpg
    IMG_9158.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 20
Hi folks
I bought a Fuji X-S10 in back end of December, delivered early Jan. All been fine so far, but today I noticed what I think is a "stuck" pixel (it's bright green) as opposed to a hot pixel red, or dead pixel (black) towards the left edge of the screen when photographing a low key image. Obviously it may have been there a while, although I'm fairly certain it's not been there too long, but now it's there I can't unsee it. I've never had a camera with this problem before.

Obviously I can clone this out of shots pretty easily, and it's way to the left of the frame, although it's be a pain doing so and annoying given the cost. Is this something I have to live with, or given it's less than 3 months old, is this something that would be dealt with under warranty? Appreciate any advice here, thanks.

Get in touch with Fuji. Their after sales support is outstanding.

I'm still loving the iconic X-Pro1's sensor so much that I'm now thinking I might not need my X-H1/grip anymore

mac
I love both the H1 and XP1/XE1, I doubt I will ever sell the H1, or actually any of my Fuji's. They won't fetch anywhere near what they are worth to me. I think I will be sticking to my current set up for a few years now, especially as I have now bought a drone which I am trying to get to grips with. :)

I decided to take the X100V out on the dog walk for the first time in a while and scooped this one up. I'm practicing some edits and subjects for a series I'm looking to make which is similar to the one below. I'm looking forward to getting started when lockdown is eased. It's very likely not to everyones liking but I like it; especially the film look. :)

It's Fujifilm Classic Negative with tweaks.

Jag by Kris Blair, on Flickr

Hi folks

Have you tried a Pixel Remap ?

Have you tried a Pixel Remap ?

I wasn’t even sure what this was. Quick google took me here.

Tried this, and nothing has changed.

Have emailed Fuji to see what they say.

Thanks for the suggestion though [emoji106]

Morning Guys,

I've posted some flashes and Triggers for Sale in the Classifieds if anyone is Interested,

I wasn’t even sure what this was. Quick google took me here.

Tried this, and nothing has changed.

Have emailed Fuji to see what they say.

Thanks for the suggestion though [emoji106]

Just an update to this - looks like the duff pixel is on the LCD screen not the sensor. Awaiting a response from Fuji

Just an update to this - looks like the duff pixel is on the LCD screen not the sensor. Awaiting a response from Fuji
Less of a worry than your sensor, still annoying on a new camera though. Hope Fuji sort it for you!

Back