The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I blame @trevorbray for making me take my original X100 for a walk, the Hafod estate just behind Devils Bridge, Mid-Wales, an area new to me, but had a fantastic day armed with just the X100 and my son weighed down by a full Black Magic 6K video rig!! 5 miles of great walking, took quite a time due to the numerous photo and video stops!!

I love this camera (had it 10 years now) and NEED to use it more.

Hafod-1 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-2 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-3 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-4 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-5 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

I blame @trevorbray for making me take my original X100 for a walk, the Hafod estate just behind Devils Bridge, Mid-Wales, an area new to me, but had a fantastic day armed with just the X100 and my son weighed down by a full Black Magic 6K video rig!! 5 miles of great walking, took quite a time due to the numerous photo and video stops!!

I love this camera (had it 10 years now) and NEED to use it more.

Hafod-1 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-2 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-3 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-4 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hafod-5 by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Thanks for the nod David. You’ve just saved me a bundle of cash (Q2). Still a very very relevant camera. Great series of shots.

I met a bloke today taking some pictures on a XT4 and it looked very nice. I liked the dials and it reminded me of the cameras my dad used to use. He spoke very highly of the system (he'd been a Nikon user previously). How do you folks find the AF when shooting moving subjects such as dogs and kids? Does the system have good human and animal eye AF? Wex specifications states it can shoot at 30fps which is really fast.

Last edited:
I met a bloke today taking some pictures on a XT4 and it looked very nice. I liked the dials and it reminded me of the cameras my dad used to use. He spoke very highly of the system (he'd been a Nikon user previously). How do you folks find the AF when shooting moving subjects such as dogs and kids? Does the system have good human and animal eye AF? Wex specifications states it can shoot at 30fps which is really fast.
I don’t have a T4, but a T3 with the latest firmware upgrade, and I don’t think it’s as good as shooting birds in flight as my old 7D2. Saying that, I was never great at BiF shots anyway.

I’ve done some motorsport, and for that it’s great, but the subjects tends to be larger in the frame so the tracking has an easier target.

Gotta say Steve. That 35 is magical. Loved mine. Maybe one day...or will it be the new 33 ?

It's really come into its own recently, especially with the new grandson. The only problem I have with it is it's not stabalised, and with my shakey hands, that's a problem unless there's loads of light (like there was for these).

It's really come into its own recently, especially with the new grandson. The only problem I have with it is it's not stabalised, and with my shakey hands, that's a problem unless there's loads of light (like there was for these).

Steve, if lack of stabilisation is problem, get an X-T4, you don't want to miss those grandson pics.......

I am considering letting both the X-T2 & X-T3 go and putting the money towards an X-T4. But that also means all my batteries need to be changed as well. May have a play with a T4 and see what I think.

I am considering letting both the X-T2 & X-T3 go and putting the money towards an X-T4. But that also means all my batteries need to be changed as well. May have a play with a T4 and see what I think.

48hr free loan

I can't get that to give me just 2 days, it keeps pushing it to a week??

Cunning isn't it, As long as your two succesive days are capped with working days its free

ie select Tues/Weds - delivered Mon, collected Thurs - Free
or Sat/Sun - delivered Friday, collecged Monday its Free

Any extra non-working (ie non delivery) days that creep in put on a charge.

Might as well borrow a GFX + Lens while you are at it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cunning isn't it, As long as your two succesive days are capped with working days its free

ie select Tues/Weds - delivered Mon, collected Thurs - Free
or Sat/Sun - delivered Friday, collecged Monday its Free

Any extra non-working (ie non delivery) days that creep in put on a charge.

Might as well borrow a GFX + Lens while you are at it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don' tempt me... But I am planning on another visit to Osmington Mills next week... GFX would be great there.

Don' tempt me... But I am planning on another visit to Osmington Mills next week... GFX would be great there.

Borrowing a GFX is not a good idea unless you have the funds to buy one. I borrowed one for a couple of weeks, thought I could live without it, and a couple of years later there was an itch that had to be scratched.....................................

Borrowing a GFX is not a good idea unless you have the funds to buy one. I borrowed one for a couple of weeks, thought I could live without it, and a couple of years later there was an itch that had to be scratched.....................................
I've had that itch for the last year or so, and never even had one in my hands!

Or an X-H1
This is exactly what I'm considering as well... Currently have an X-T2 that I'm not unhappy with, but tempted by the X-H1 because of the IBIS for low light performance as there is one for sale cheap quite local to me.

Then again the sensor is no better than the X-T2's so it would be more logical to go straight to an X-T4, but that would be £1000+.

Probably most sensible to just carry on with the X-T2 in the end!

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm considering as well... Currently have an X-T2 that I'm not unhappy with, but tempted by the X-H1 because of the IBIS for low light performance as there is one for sale cheap quite local to me.

Then again the sensor is no better than the X-T2's so it would be more logical to go straight to an X-T4, but that would be £1000+.

Probably most sensible to just carry on with the X-T2 in the end!

There are only a few reasons to upgrade from an X-T2 to an X-H1 (I know I've done it in the past!)

Primary
1) IBIS
2) Better Handling (more balanced) with longer lenses - due to grip

Secondary
1) Build Quality is excellent
2) Lovely Shutter Release
3) Quieter Shutter

Disadvantages
1) Weight
2) Can chew through batteries with IBIS
3) You've just spent £££ for no gain in image quality

I've probably forgotten some stuff, I didn't gel with the X-H1 (no doubting ist capability), but I thought the X-T2 was a fantastic camera.

If high ISO noise is your issue then unless this is solved by IBIS ie shooting static targets as slower shutter speeds, then your moeny may be better spent on something like Topaz Denoise or DXO PureRAW

Last edited:
Managed to get out with the camera on Saturday, probably for the first time really since 2020 - its been a while - I then forgot to make sure I was taking images in RAW format, then fell in the sea - all good!

First trip with the Viltrox 13mm though - its a nice lens!

Bass Rock from North Berwick by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Managed to get out with the camera on Saturday, probably for the first time really since 2020 - its been a while - I then forgot to make sure I was taking images in RAW format, then fell in the sea - all good!

First trip with the Viltrox 13mm though - its a nice lens!

Bass Rock from North Berwick by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Nice one Chris (y)

I hope the camera (and you) are both still ok ;)

I do though, actually prefer the colour one on flickr :)

Back