The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The 600F had a long seat, the one in the picture has a split seat. It could still be a CBR600F though, as there was a mod out to make it look like a two tier seat.
The 600 F sport had a split seat from standard (mine did) and every image on google would suggest the same . The bike in the image has "F sport" written on the side of it

Pete ,
a bit late so probably overtaken by events but I had a Gariz case for my X-T1 and the metal plate came unstuck. A bit of EvoStick almost did the trick as I couldnt get it to lay back exactly into place.

Lovely case but..... I bought Kaza cases for the X-H1 and the X-T3 and they have no metal plates to come unstuck and are beautiful. When I got my X-100V I bought a used OB FujiFilm case off WEX and it is perfect and adds just enough extra grip.

Shame that you cannot use the lens half of the case once the WR adapter and filter is fitted but as it was only bought to protect the bottom plate it does the job.
Thanks very much

We went to Longleat yesterday, well it is only just down the road....

Haven't processed many yet, but liked this one in mono. T3 & 100-400 wide open at full reach.

The Boss by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Looks great in mono. Nice one, Steve (y)

Thanks Paul, it's been nice to get back into the photo grove again over the last few days.
I know that feeling, only too well. I`m still struggling.

Some advice needed :)

I think my almost mint X100 original is suffering from sticky apature blades, is it worth repairing?

Edit - subjective question I know but I wouldn't keep it, it's too small for my hands.

Last edited:
Some advice needed :)

I think my almost mint X100 original is suffering from sticky apature blades, is it worth repairing?

Edit - subjective question I know but I wouldn't keep it, it's too small for my hands.
Get a quote from Fuji. It might help you decide.

The repair estimate is £165, don't think it's worthwhile :(
Maybe. Depending on condition. It might fetch £300 when fixed. They seem to be quite sought after.

In order of value

X100 LE Presentation set (Japanese Market) - wooden box
X100 LE Presentation set
X100 LE
X100 serial nos 21 onwards
X100 earlier serial nos

We did a five day motorcycle trip in/around Northumberland last week, 900 miles ridden total, a mixed bag of weather, amazing views/routes/scenery.
Here's a view from a beautiful location;

Three Lochs Run (South East Scotland).

Three Lochs run by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1

Last edited:
I didn't realise they were so sought after and having looked it over again it is unmarked other than a slight 5mm scratch on the base plate, I have the box as well which many (me included) like.

Perhaps old cameras shouldn't be allowed to die, I think I'll send it to be fixed and if I can't sell it for £300 I'll l just invoice trevorbray ;)

I didn't realise they were so sought after and having looked it over again it is unmarked other than a slight 5mm scratch on the base plate, I have the box as well which many (me included) like.

Perhaps old cameras shouldn't be allowed to die, I think I'll send it to be fixed and if I can't sell it for £300 I'll l just invoice trevorbray ;)
Perfect

Well I was after a Sony RX100 vii to take on holiday. But I have always had a dislike for Sony colour profiles having previously owned an RX100 and RX100 VA and an A7. I just couldn’t do it. So I accidentally pressed the buy button on a black X100V

So I’m back to Fuji albeit as my travel camera/ second camera! I do have a question regarding the weather sealing kit. I’m getting a genuine Fuji case and I wondered if the case still fits with the adapter and filter on the camera? is the kit worth it? I look after my gear and won’t be taking the X100v into any storms although it will be accompanying me to the beach!

Well I was after a Sony RX100 vii to take on holiday. But I have always had a dislike for Sony colour profiles having previously owned an RX100 and RX100 VA and an A7. I just couldn’t do it. So I accidentally pressed the buy button on a black X100V

So I’m back to Fuji albeit as my travel camera/ second camera! I do have a question regarding the weather sealing kit. I’m getting a genuine Fuji case and I wondered if the case still fits with the adapter and filter on the camera? is the kit worth it? I look after my gear and won’t be taking the X100v into any storms although it will be accompanying me to the beach!
Is the kit worth it?

Yes and no, it’s expensive but effective and I did buy one when they were half price on launch.

I soon replaced it with a Hoage LUV-X54 filter and lens hood off Amazon for £25. It matches the X100V perfectly, makes no difference to the IQ and combines ’weather resistance‘ and a lens hood in a very compact and attractive (to me) package. It mounts directly to the X100V without needing an adapter.

The original X100V lens cap fits the Hoage hood should you wish.

Will it fit the FujiFilm case with the FujiFilm filter and adapter on?

No it won’t, the additional length of the adapter ring and filter means the nose of the case is too short. Good old FujiFilm, sell you a kit which doesn’t fit the case they have just sold you!

But I bought an OB used one off Wex and use the bottom half of the case to protect the bottom plate and add an extra bit of grip, the top half of the case is still in the box.

Is the kit worth it?

Yes and no, it’s expensive but effective and I did buy one when they were half price on launch.

I soon replaced it with a Hoage LUV-X54 filter and lens hood off Amazon for £25. It matches the X100V perfectly, makes no difference to the IQ and combines ’weather resistance‘ and a lens hood in a very compact and attractive (to me) package. It mounts directly to the X100V without needing an adapter.

The original X100V lens cap fits the Hoage hood should you wish.

Will it fit the FujiFilm case with the FujiFilm filter and adapter on?

No it won’t, the additional length of the adapter ring and filter means the nose of the case is too short. Good old FujiFilm, sell you a kit which doesn’t fit the case they have just sold you!

But I bought an OB used one off Wex and use the bottom half of the case to protect the bottom plate and add an extra bit of grip, the top half of the case is still in the box.
That’s very helpful to know, I’ll take a look at that. Yes, like you my plan if the case would not close with the lens hood and adapter was to just use the bottom half. I managed to order a used one in excellent condition.

That’s very helpful to know, I’ll take a look at that. Yes, like you my plan if the case would not close with the lens hood and adapter was to just use the bottom half. I managed to order a used one in excellent condition.
Pleasure.

If you want to protect the lovely LCD screen I fitted these:

Brotect Hybrid-Glass Screen Protector Film compatible with Fujifilm X100V

again off Amazon, fantastic clarity and so thin you do not notice them at all.

Well looks like the XH-2S is getting announced today at the Fuji Summit, personally I’m waiting to see what the 40MP XH2 looks lime but its great to see my favourite Fuji (XH1) finally getting a replacement!
I have been following fuji rumours over the past few days on this and it does look like it will be announced today, i really hoped that the XH2 would be released at the same time especially seing as thought it is the 10th anniversary of the x series. I think i will feel a little underwhelmed if it is just the XH2S and a few lenses.

I have been following fuji rumours over the past few days on this and it does look like it will be announced today, i really hoped that the XH2 would be released at the same time especially seing as thought it is the 10th anniversary of the x series. I think i will feel a little underwhelmed if it is just the XH2S and a few lenses.

Yeah it looks like the XH2 itself has been delayed - we surely can’t be too far off an XT5 as well

Yeah it looks like the XH2 itself has been delayed - we surely can’t be too far off an XT5 as well
I know i really was looking forward to this model or an xt5, iam really just a stills photographer and not that interested in video so iam a little biased in that regard. You never know they might have something up their sleeve :)

Fujifilm X-H2S and XF150-600mmF5.6-8 to be released on July 14 and the XF18-120mm F4 in September.

Would have loved the 150-600 to be an f6.3 rather than 8, but I’m really excited about it’s size and the fact that it’s an internal zoom too. I think the price is about what I expected too when you compare it to the 100-400. Not sure what it’ll be in £ though. Going to see what the initial reviews are like before I decide whether to replace my Sigma 150-600 and Fringer adaptor.

Edit- it’s £1899 to preorder on Wex.

Last edited:
Back