The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

In the comparison picture the 'face' on the first image looks noticeably warmer than the second, was the WB setting different or does one of the lenses render warmer than the other?
The original Primes 18F2, 35F1.4 and 60F2.4 have different colour rendering to the next generation 14/16/56/90 which in turn have different colour rendering to many of the later lenses
 
The original Primes 18F2, 35F1.4 and 60F2.4 have different colour rendering to the next generation 14/16/56/90 which in turn have different colour rendering to many of the later lenses
I've been really busy today but tomorrow I'm planning to take a few shots in daylight with the same ISO and settings, to make a direct comparison. As I said in the original post though, I'd be happy with either of those shots (although looking at them together, you can see that the 18mm has slightly less contrast in the centre of the frame, which every review I've seen says is standard for shooting wide open with it).
 
This is the "issue" with single focal length lenses, they aren't perfect for everything. I know some say that's a good thing as it forces you to look for a different angle, which is true some of the time, but at other times you just do really need a different focal length to get the shot you want/envisage.

Of course with the 18mm there'll be times when you wish you had more reach, however in this situation you can obviously just crop (within reason). With a longer lens you can always stitch images if you need a wider view, but that's only OK if you have a static scene, and I've never been able to take a shot like this without introducing paralax errors.

There's always the option of using the wide angle converter to the X100, but that's also a bit of a faff it would mean removing the lens hood and filter everytime I wanted to use the adapter.

I'm still looking for the Holy Grail, but for the most part I do enjoy using the X100VI.

1791299257325.png
 
I'm still looking for the Holy Grail, but for the most part I do enjoy using the X100VI.
The Holy Grail would be a X100 with a zoom lens. The X30 is brilliant but the tiny sensor and small battery lets it down.
 
Back
Top