The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

For a lens to walk around with the 14mm is definitely better suited for an X-E* body. If however you are going to have the camera in a bag and then tripod mount at a location the 10-24 is an excellent lens too.

I had the 14mm for over a year and loved it. I've since swapped to a 10-24. In the brief crossover period I shot some comparisons and although the 14mm was slightly better it was very slight.

Here's the 10-24 on an X-E2

XT1A2349.jpg XT1A2350.jpg

meet up with a fellow Fuji shooter and try his/hers lenses, find out what your preference is.

Best suggestion yet.
There seem to be a few unofficial get togethers so invite yourself one one of these.
Mr Perceptive and I are thinking about a Manchester evening meet the wek after next if that's anywhere near you.
(Bossy, where are you?)
(Our last cat was called Bossy - guess why?)

Just ordered one of those Manfrotto's last night from a seller on Amazon at £10.99

These are nice Dave, Not often you see this type of shot in B&W but for me your treatment of the images works very well. Helped by the good use of a large aperture to isolate the subjects.(y)

George.

Thanks George, appreciate your comments :)

Thanks Jim, love the 56mm even as a wander about lens :)
I have the 56mm, and although it is a great lens, I always grab the 23mm first! I'm thinking off moving on the 56mm and trying the 16-55 mm, I think that looks like it could be pretty good.

I have the 56mm, and although it is a great lens, I always grab the 23mm first! I'm thinking off moving on the 56mm and trying the 16-55 mm, I think that looks like it could be pretty good.

I have the 23mm also and love it, possibly the sharpest lens I've used, even more so than the 56mm. There is just something about shooting at f/1.2 though when you get it right :)

I've thought about the 16-55, just not sure size wise for what it is considering it has no IS.

Returned from Portugal on Saturday rather amazed that I used my 18-55mm so much :) I've started running my snaps through Photoshop and the majority were taken with the zoom. Not sure if this was laziness, or being satisfied with a very good zoom.

Anyway, I'll start with some random bikes :)

Dull:

Bike in Portugal

Colourful:

Colourful bike in Portugal

For a lens to walk around with the 14mm is definitely better suited for an X-E* body. If however you are going to have the camera in a bag and then tripod mount at a location the 10-24 is an excellent lens too.

I had the 14mm for over a year and loved it. I've since swapped to a 10-24. In the brief crossover period I shot some comparisons and although the 14mm was slightly better it was very slight.

Here's the 10-24 on an X-E2

View attachment 48311 View attachment 48312

Just ordered one :)

Have you tried it with the XT1?

I am not sure how I ve missed that. It must be late ;)

It will be interesting to see if it can handle any of the bigger lenses on the XT1, 56mm, 16-55?

Finally got round to ordering an i40 last night. Hopefully will be here today thanks to Amazon. I profess to be somewhat flash ignorant so Im really interested to see just what difference their is between it and the YN560III's I have currently.

Anyone know if I'm right in thinking it stills works TTL off camera with an OC3 camera chord and if so do the cheapo ones Ive seen on eBay work?

Just ordered one of those Manfrotto's last night from a seller on Amazon at £10.99
Great little tripod, rock solid on my XT1 with 10-24mm, it lives permenantly in the side pocket of my Retrospective TT7 , you wouldn't even know its there.

Best suggestion yet.
There seem to be a few unofficial get togethers so invite yourself one one of these.
Mr Perceptive and I are thinking about a Manchester evening meet the wek after next if that's anywhere near you.
(Bossy, where are you?)
(Our last cat was called Bossy - guess why?)

Doh, sadly i'm in the New Forest.

Why was it called Bossy? Was it handsome, smart and funny? Well, funny looking at least!

Finally got round to ordering an i40 last night. Hopefully will be here today thanks to Amazon. I profess to be somewhat flash ignorant so Im really interested to see just what difference their is between it and the YN560III's I have currently.

Anyone know if I'm right in thinking it stills works TTL off camera with an OC3 camera chord and if so do the cheapo ones Ive seen on eBay work?

First thing you will notice is a huge difference in size, it will look like a miniature flash.

I use mine on a Pixel OC3 and that works fine.

First thing you will notice is a huge difference in size, it will look like a miniature flash.

I use mine on a Pixel OC3 and that works fine.

Excellent, thanks Colin.... sitting patiently for Amazon to arrive! :D

Bugger, either my X-T1 or my 10-24 is faulty!! mine never take shots like that :mad:

:D
LOL Used to be when I saw photos like that I'd get depressed and disillusioned with my photography, then I realised photography is art, some people are naturally artistic, have an artists eye and can take stunning photos. I am not one of them :eek: So I take shots that please me, I enjoy taking photos, and I'm a bit of a gadget freak, so all those shiny cameras with knobs and switches are a bonus. And very occasionally if I luck upon taking a good shot, then that's a bonus.
Just my 2d's worth :rolleyes:

I know Greg. in fact he's going to be assisting with my Photographers Against Cancer group walk up Snowdon.

What's that, Mike? I thought Google would reveal all, but it didn't (unless you're from Stratford and it's still 2014...).

What's that, Mike? I thought Google would reveal all, but it didn't (unless you're from Stratford and it's still 2014...).
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, will start a new one. It's still very much in the planning stages at the moment (only came up with the idea a week ago), but thinking of a group of photographers doing a sponsored hike up Snowdon. Was also thinking about the idea of also using a print from each to raise further funds, but as I said, just thinking of ideas as the moment!

So as not to hijack the thread further, a new thread is here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/photographers-against-cancer-togs-vs-snowdon.605461/

Last edited:
How thoroughly British George, love it!

Thanks for that matey, appreciate your comments.(y)

"Especially when I originate from the other side of the pond".:)

George.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, will start a new one. It's still very much in the planning stages at the moment (only came up with the idea a week ago), but thinking of a group of photographers doing a sponsored hike up Snowdon. Was also thinking about the idea of also using a print from each to raise further funds, but as I said, just thinking of ideas as the moment!

So as not to hijack the thread further, a new thread is here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/photographers-against-cancer-togs-vs-snowdon.605461/

Link not working for me

I finally had a half hour to mess around with some of my holiday shots in Lightroom, I'm still struggling to get to grips with LR5, I'm more used to Aperture. I'm not sure which I prefer the b&w which was processed with SilverFX pro2 or the colour one which was processed with LR5. Hoping to get a chance this week to get the rest of my holiday shots (shot on Xpro1) on the mac,
I untitled-.jpg untitled-5649.jpg

Back