The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A really great shot Jim, with two different but very nice presentations. My preference would be for the B&W image with it's full range of tones good contrast and a very nice dramatic sky.(y)

George.

So just how much information is there in a Fuji RAW file, I was staggered to be able to do this:-

Original SOOC Camera - in Provia/Standard - Just Resized -- X-T1 XF 56mm f8 1/15sec

151019%20Tate%20Modern%20Original%20sm_zpsj2lvjgqt.jpg

Slight Tweak in Lightroom (actually only moved Exposure slider +ve, and Whites -ve)

151019%20Tate%20Modern%20Recovered%20sm_zpsdf06f7yo.jpg

I love this shot! Perfectly framed for me! Any more info on how you got it please?

1) Visit Albert Dock in Liverpool!!! Before the Wheel goes off (9pm??)
2) Tripod XF 56mm
3) Long Exposure 18 seconds at f8.0
4) Virtually no processing in Lightroom (straighten and slight crop to centralise), exported to Silver Efex Pro
5) High Structure/High Contrast preset
6) Export back in Lightroom as JPG

It was a very still night last night!!

Original Image (with free Liverpool light pollution!)

Dscf1372%20sm_zpsn4otluse.jpg

Last edited:
So just how much information is there in a Fuji RAW file, I was staggered to be able to do this:-

Original SOOC Camera - in Provia/Standard - Just Resized -- X-T1 XF 56mm f8 1/15sec

151019%20Tate%20Modern%20Original%20sm_zpsj2lvjgqt.jpg

Slight Tweak in Lightroom (actually only moved Exposure slider +ve, and Whites -ve)

151019%20Tate%20Modern%20Recovered%20sm_zpsdf06f7yo.jpg

Do you get the Provia / Velvia etc film sim in the RAW files? I was under the impression these were JPG effects.

Just back from 10 days in India. 8 memory cards full :confused:

I'll post a separate thread but will add highlights here once I have them.

In other news, the new 35mm looks good, even though I only just got the regular 35. WR and quick/silent AF are very tempting from where I'm sitting.

It does look good and I guess it will perform better than the 35mm f1.4. The question for me is f1.4 vs WR? I want both but I can only have one

In other news, the new 35mm looks good, even though I only just got the regular 35. WR and quick/silent AF are very tempting from where I'm sitting.
At £299 it's looking extremely good.

Have the 23mm or 56mm come down in price recently? Been out of the loop fuji wise. Thinking of saying bye to the 18-55 and trying prime again.

@justa1972 £210 on fuji refurb store....it's a cracking lens - well I only had it a day...

none there at the moment but they are about £230 not I think.

If anyone is selling let me know - I could stretch to £200 if its mint, boxed etc

thanks

Is the 50-140 the only lens currently available compatible lens?
Yes.

Which makes the 50-140 + TC a very expensive alternative to the 55-200.

I'm guessing that retailers have had wind of the 35mm f/2 price for a few weeks - hence the deals on the 27mm, which starts to look expensive at list price compared to the newcomer.

May have just got a bargain 18mm with the ebay 20% code that was running yesterday :)

I think I'm done with lenses for now. I think... Honest!

Last edited:
Back