The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've probably owned as many 27mm's as I've taken shots with it now. I believe the one I have is my fourth. It's a great little lens, but as has been said if you have an X100 it rarely sees the light of day. I keep buying them and they get sold to help fund something else:rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Sound a sweet little gem. As much as I like the X100 series, at present there isn't one on the horizon. Got my 23mm for that. ;)

However, for the XP/XT the 27 sounds a winner especially given their second hand value :D

Thanks guys. Sound a sweet little gem. As much as I like the X100 series, at present there isn't one on the horizon. Got my 23mm for that. ;)

However, for the XP/XT the 27 sounds a winner especially given their second hand value :D

I have the 23 as well!! But I'll rephrase my previous post, when I want something compact, I'll reach for the X100 in preference to the 27mm!!! That said a s/h 27mm is a bit of a bargain this days.

So Mieke MK320 vs Nissin i40, obviously massive difference in price but is it worth the extra for the Nissin. Not fussed with OCF capabilities as I have the Yongnuo for that...

So Mieke MK320 vs Nissin i40, obviously massive difference in price but is it worth the extra for the Nissin. Not fussed with OCF capabilities as I have the Yongnuo for that...

If you are not fussed about OCF (even on a cord, as the meike won't work TTL on a cord) then the Meike is a lot more convenient to pop in the bag as long as it will reach you're subject.

If you are not fussed about OCF (even on a cord, as the meike won't work TTL on a cord) then the Meike is a lot more convenient to pop in the bag as long as it will reach you're subject.

Not fussed at all with a YN560TX and 560IV flash (hopefully adding another..) I'm trying to compare power, it'll mainly be for bouncing during wedding receptions

I have the 23 as well!! But I'll rephrase my previous post, when I want something compact, I'll reach for the X100 in preference to the 27mm!!! That said a s/h 27mm is a bit of a bargain this days.

Well, looking at some of the prices around on fleabay and the like it's about £150 quid or so for a 27mm v £300 for an X100. For what I want it for, I'm thinking the 27mm is more flexible (bargain too) :)

I had the 27mm for a little while and it didn't quite do it for me. Apart from being tiny the image quality is no better than the 'kit' lenses.

In low light the 2.8 isn't that useful either when you consider how good the OIS is on the zoom.

Just looked through the images I took with it though and it does have a charm !

Last edited:
Just got a 10-24 and not sure whether to get a polariser- hoya or marumi probably. Have read somewhere that you can get banding when using a polariser on a very wide lens.

Anyone using the 10-24 with a polariser?

Just got a 10-24 and not sure whether to get a polariser- hoya or marumi probably. Have read somewhere that you can get banding when using a polariser on a very wide lens.

Anyone using the 10-24 with a polariser?

I've not bothered getting one because of previous experiences with wide lenses, but will also be interested if anyone has used one with it.

I've not bothered getting one because of previous experiences with wide lenses, but will also be interested if anyone has used one with it.
It's good for cutting down reflections on water, but as for skies forget it.

I've probably owned as many 27mm's as I've taken shots with it now. I believe the one I have is my fourth. It's a great little lens, but as has been said if you have an X100 it rarely sees the light of day. I keep buying them and they get sold to help fund something else:rolleyes:
have you tried Alka selka :)?

So who says you can't take a portrait with the 18mm :)

Straight out of the camera onto the phone. No processing at all.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 28
am i right in thinking that adding a 18mm fuji x lens to my xt10 will (in effect) make it a x100??

ive just looked online and there is a 18mm for sale at a local shop, im going to pick it up and take it away the weekend-im thinking that i like the idea of a fixed lens-particularly a pancake type lens so its light and easy to shoot. ill post some pics up-im amatuer but im learning!

ive just looked online and there is a 18mm for sale at a local shop, im going to pick it up and take it away the weekend-im thinking that i like the idea of a fixed lens-particularly a pancake type lens so its light and easy to shoot. ill post some pics up-im amatuer but im learning!

It's a good lens for selfies :D

DSCF7510.jpg

I've just picked up an 18mm in the classifieds from Gareth (great service!) and I love it so far !

It focuses very quickly and is so small and light but much nicer to use than the 27mm pancake lens i.e its metal and has the aperture ring..

Problem is it makes my 18-55 seem very heavy and huge !!

Now wondering whether I could get away with an 18 & 35mm prime combo !

I always said that, but the two standard 'kit' zooms (18-55 and 16-50) are just so versatile! I barely took the 18-55mm off my X-T1 all holiday. Maybe I've just got old and lazy :D The AF is definitely better with the zooms than on the older primes (18, 35, 60 and the 56 actually) but I guess it depends what you shoot :)

Back