The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

They look better I'm now on the computer instead of the phone. I love using the monochrome preset then adding a bit more contrast in LR, jobs a good'un!

Ah, that's good to know. I love black and white, I could quite easily spend the rest of my shooting in b&w.

Great to shoot with the 18 as well, it's my most least used lens and everytime I shoot with it I'm surprised how good it is. Only cost me £150 quid second hand at the time too :D

Yeah since having the Fuji's a lot more of my work ends up in black and white. I've got the 18mm and rarely use it, it may make way for a 23mm at some point...

Yes, Fuji images do seem to lend themselves to B&W for some reason.

I have both the 18 & the 23, and as much as I love the IQ of the 23, I actually find myself reaching for the 35 more. I think I've just shot it so much the focal length seems to suit me more. I'm even considering selling the 23 for the new 35 f/2!

I'd still keep my 35mm as I love it too much to sell for what they're worth used. But would sacrifice the 18mm I think, but again what it's worth it may be with holding on to go with the XE1

18mm arrived today in Abu Dhabi having been bought & paid in the UK on Thursday - very impressed! Loving the small size (and what from what I can tell from limited shots in the flat, the IQ too). Should help the XT1 become the "camera I have with me" much more often.

In other news, I've started processing my shoe from India. Good progress so far. Full thread here; https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/india-delhi-agra-rajasthan.606323/

A couple of favourites so far...

Empty Rooms by stickyfiddle, on Flickr

Keep on trucking by stickyfiddle, on Flickr

Thanks guys I've shot in raw as well and have a new PC waiting when I get home so then need to learn Lightroom!!

Not sure about the PP on the bridge shot, I don't like the grain (see what i did there, baltic mill ?) The other shots are excellent, I prefer cleaner shots.

Here's another attempt at using the pano feature. I used the shortened version but still had trouble matching speed of panning to the shutter activity.
Don't know if it's the uneven speed or the stitching operation but there are a couple of places where there are fuzzyness on vertical lines. Can't see any obvious joins though.
Taken with the 10-24 at the 24mm end.

Comments?

Moss Eccles tarn
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

"Oops! Photo is private!"

Not sure about the PP on the bridge shot, I don't like the grain (see what i did there, baltic mill ?) The other shots are excellent, I prefer cleaner shots.

Thanks guys I prefer the cleaner shots as well but just took this one handheld at iso 6400 as I couldn't be bothered getting the tripod out again.

Andy

Anyone using the little 27mm lens much?. I quite fancy one given its size to use as a walkabout for my X-T1 and X-Pro1.

I had a 27mm but sold it, just didn't use it enough, would rather reach for my X100 than use a 27mm on a X series camera, but on an X-T10 it makes a lovely dinky package.

Pretty certain that some Lens Promotions are on there way from 1st of Nov, both from talking to a Fuji Rep, and seeing the Digital Depot ad in this week's AP, 1 XF lens £75 cashback, 2 x XF lens £225 cashback, and 3 x XF lens £375 cashback. Don't know which lenses are included in promotion, but we should find out in next few days. £40 cash back on X-T10 and £75 cashback on X-T1 with free vertical grip.

Anyone using the little 27mm lens much?. I quite fancy one given its size to use as a walkabout for my X-T1 and X-Pro1.

I bought one from here a while ago and I really like it, a nice little package with the X-T1 although it's that small that you almost have to relearn how to hold a camera as there isn't much lens to get your hand/fingers under. I did find a finger slipping in front of the lens on the odd occasion.

I'm the same as the OP, I bought one, used it a couple of times and preferred to use myX100T for that FOV so I sold it on. It's a cracking little lens though, tack sharp.

Back