The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a quick question: I do abit of mountain biking and snowboarding.

I want to start taking my camera (XT-1) out with me. Does anyone transport theirs in a “PELI” like case?
I currently use the 27mm pancake a lot; which means its an easy shape to store If I did get a case…

Just curious if anyone else uses something similar?

*BELOW* Maybe like this? Or a little bigger
71oftjlYSAL._SX466_.jpg

Lottie randomly decided that she could sit up today, for like, five minutes at a time :) Prior to this, she'd simply fall flat on her face :D

Poor lighting because someone put my flash batteries in the bubble machine :thinking: Love the way the 35/1.4 hides some of the mess in the living room :D

Sitting with Big Nut Brown Hare

I am thinking about selling my Nikon D3300 and get or the xt-10 or the xt-1. But I am still confused about what to take, Any advices on how to get my head clear ? XD

Think we covered all the differences the last you asked Diogo, only you can decide if the differences that the X-T1 offer over the X-T10 are worth your money.

lol that would be nice to do if I could afford it! But it is still a big difference in price between these two cameras. So I am more likely to buy the xt-10 silver with a 27mm lens or the new 35mm
If you're budget-restricted then the price becomes the most important difference.

The new 35mm looks very interesting, I traded my original 35/1.4 because I wasn't using it enough to justify the cash tied up in it.

Alright and I agree, but I just think, they are both crop sensor, they have the same specs pretty much.... the ISO dial isnt much of a big deal for me, and the only thing i wish xt-10 had was the weatherproof body but I guess thats one of those things that you barely need to have it in order to make huge differnece.

that 1.4g is fast! However it is a big money tied on a lens. Im thinking of getting one zoom lens. Is ther emajor difference between the 16-55 and the 18 -55? ( im not sure if these are the correct zoom values)

The XC and XF zooms are very close performance wise according to everything I've read (I've only used the XF50-200 of the Fuji zooms myself). Fuji have been quoted as saying that the optical component quality is the same for both and it's shell/assembly components where the XF zooms have a significantly higher build quality. In summary, picture quality is near enough the same for either set of lenses new but the XF should hold up to everyday usage better than the XC in the long run.

The XC and XF zooms are very close performance wise according to everything I've read (I've only used the XF50-200 of the Fuji zooms myself). Fuji have been quoted as saying that the optical component quality is the same for both and it's shell/assembly components where the XF zooms have a significantly higher build quality. In summary, picture quality is near enough the same for either set of lenses new but the XF should hold up to everyday usage better than the XC in the long run.

Although both zooms in question are XF

Although both zooms in question are XF
Given the budgetary pressure alluded to I assumed the confusion was more likely to be between the 16-50 (£285) and the 18-55 (£350) rather than the 16-55 (£740).

It made more sense in the overall flow of the discussion when the 35/14 is considered "big money tied on a lens" and Diogo wasn't sure he had the right zoom lengths.

Can I be really anoying and ask what XF and XC stands for?
I'm sure Fuji have said somewhere, but the XF lenses are the main series of zooms and primes, whilst the two XC zooms are slightly lower budget lenses.

Given the budgetary pressure alluded to I assumed the confusion was more likely to be between the 16-50 (£285) and the 18-55 (£350) rather than the 16-55 (£740).

It made more sense in the overall flow of the discussion when the 35/14 is considered "big money tied on a lens" and Diogo wasn't sure he had the right zoom lengths.

Such a huge difference in prices! why is that a big difference specially on the 16-55?

I'm sure Fuji have said somewhere, but the XF lenses are the main series of zooms and primes, whilst the two XC zooms are slightly lower budget lenses.

Alright got it!

If you're buying the XT-1 for the reason of weather sealing then it's only as good as the weather sealed lenses you put on the front of it!

Otherwise buy the X-T10 and enjoy.... just don't get it wet :)

Hi all, new here, bought myself an XT10 18-55 on friday, ummed and erred over DSLR's for a few years now, always seemed too big and bulky for my other hobby, fishing, previous 'real' camera was a Canon AE1, then came various digital compacts, but always lacked something, became aware of the Fujifilm X series recently and after trawling the internet for reviews, info etc and then getting my hands on one the deal was done. Perfect for my needs and imho looks fantastic, (that's half the battle eh haha) and feels fantastic in my hands.
So now after a couple of days of it being sat unboxed on my coffee table while i was away at a lake, that was a tease!, it's time to get to grips with it.
Some great inspiration and information on here, hopefully be able to add something along the way!

16-55 costs for a reason. It's a superb lens and not heavy or bulky compared to a FF Nikon/Canon equivalent.

I mean if you compare it with the 18-55 and 16-50, it actualli is bulky :p

If you're buying the XT-1 for the reason of weather sealing then it's only as good as the weather sealed lenses you put on the front of it!

Otherwise buy the X-T10 and enjoy.... just don't get it wet :)

Yeah I think I will get the xt-10 I just need to find out which lens is gonna be the first one xD

I think I am going to sell my Nikon D3300

I mean everybody has a different approach when comes to shoot :)

But yes I want that particular lens because its samll, compact light and discrete, and does a good job in terms of sharpness (at least from what i can read from reviews).

I follow as well big head taco and Eric Kim in terms of street photgraphy. Good Stuff there!

Thank you Mr Perceptive

Back