The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

As a new .RAF user can you expand a bit on what you mean by the process being a bit different please

Thanks

Last edited:
I was speaking to someone last week who said that they'd sold their XT-1. The reason being he'd found that 'when he tried to recover detail from shadows on landscapes he'd taken in poor light he'd struggled with noise'. Haven't seen anything here mentioning that. Anyone found a problem with it? Also a couple of folk have suggested buying an Olympus instead of the XT-1. I'm soooo close to buying an XT-1...I just want you guys to tell me I'm doing the right thing (even tho' I've read all 235 pages of threads here!) pleeeeeze... :)

tried to recover detail from shadows on landscapes he'd taken in poor light he'd struggledwith noise'

Think that's quite common with many cameras, not the greatest at recovering detail in shadow, but certainly not the worst either.

Don't think you would be disappointed with the X-T1, pretty good for most applications although I still slightly prefer the photos from the mk1 sensor as found in the X-E1 and X-Pro1

My daughter has the XT10, very impressed with that, good many of the X-T1 features in a smaller lighter body for around 60% of the price

What do you mainly intend using it for Sue?

Last edited:
Had the same problem myself with a 10-24mm, grey prices are another problem too, kept it in the end.

Even grey prices are struggling with the cashback deals one some lenses. For example, if one is after the new 16mm f1.4 and 90mm F2

Panamoz: 16mm @ £693 + 90mm @ £630 = £1323
Digital Rev: 16mm @ £599 + 90mm @ £599 = £1198

WEX: 16mm @ £729 + 90mm @ £649 = £1378 - cashback deal of £225 = £1153

Thanks tijuana taxi. Presently I'm wanting to take dogs (mostly stationary), general and landscapes. Folk I've spoken to have said how good the EVF is on the XT-1 and the XT10 doesn't have one? The more questions I ask, the more folk I speak to the more confused/unsure I can get....it's just quite a bit of cash to be parting with...once I've decided it'll be quite a relief, just don't want to regret anything later on....

I was speaking to someone last week who said that they'd sold their XT-1. The reason being he'd found that 'when he tried to recover detail from shadows on landscapes he'd taken in poor light he'd struggled with noise'. Haven't seen anything here mentioning that. Anyone found a problem with it? Also a couple of folk have suggested buying an Olympus instead of the XT-1. I'm soooo close to buying an XT-1...I just want you guys to tell me I'm doing the right thing (even tho' I've read all 235 pages of threads here!) pleeeeeze... :)

I'm surprised by those comments to be honest. I find that my X-T1 can pull back a huge amount more detail than my full frame Canon EOS 6D can, and pulls back more than my previous Olympus Pen E-PL5 could too.

It will be fine for your uses Sue, just not great for fast action stuff.

The XT10 definitely has an evf I've looked through it, not quite as good as the XT1, but still very decent.

Both good cameras which produce very pleasing results and excellent lenses too. Not sure where you live, but if its anywhere near Cambridge you are welcome to try them out along with an XE1 as well

Last edited:
I'm surprised by those comments to be honest. I find that my X-T1 can pull back a huge amount more detail than my full frame Canon EOS 6D can, and pulls back more than my previous Olympus Pen E-PL5 could too.

Firstly i just want to say it's the first time I've tried to put a post in that I'm replying to so not sure if this will come out ok. Thanks re: retrieving detail - that's really good to hear.

It will be fine for your uses Sue, just not great for fast action stuff.

The XT10 definitely has an evf I've looked through it, not quite as good as the XT1, but still very decent.

Both good cameras which produce very pleasing results and excellent lenses too. Not sure where you live, but if its anywhere near Cambridge you are welcome to try them out along with an XE1 as well

I live up North so wont' be able to take you up on your very kind offer but thank you and for the info

I find the Fuji raw files are a lot more flexible and recoverable, with less noise when "messed about with", than the Oly m4/3 cameras I came from.

I had the Olympus EM1 and EM5, both brilliant cameras but image resolution wasn't as good as my XT1. I also found shadow recovery very good, and generally working with raw files very satisfactory.

Even grey prices are struggling with the cashback deals one some lenses. For example, if one is after the new 16mm f1.4 and 90mm F2

Panamoz: 16mm @ £693 + 90mm @ £630 = £1323
Digital Rev: 16mm @ £599 + 90mm @ £599 = £1198

WEX: 16mm @ £729 + 90mm @ £649 = £1378 - cashback deal of £225 = £1153

I've got to say I tempted, although I'd like the 90mm and 50-140. I wish they had got the 100-400 out by now. I'd possibly be looking at selling all my Canon gear then...

I have been thinking of selling all the Fuji gear and getting a Sony A7rII as well though, too many choices!

Last edited:
I've got to say I tempted, although I'd like the 90mm and 50-140. I wish they had got the 100-400 out by now. I'd possibly be looking at selling all my Canon gear then...

I have been thinking of selling all the Fuji gear and getting a Sony A7rII as well though, too many choices!

Very tempting indeed. I m also waiting for the 100-400mm as well as the 120mm macro.

Liverpool St Georges Hall has the touring Poppy display originally from the Tower of London. They have also illuminated the pillars outside in the colours of the French Tricolour after last weekends events. Made a nice combination.

A big thanks to Mr Perceptive of this parish who pointed out that setting a Lightroom lens correction of Nikon 10.5mm fisheye works almost perfectly with a Samyang 8mm.

Vive la Liverpool
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Liverpool St Georges Hall has the touring Poppy display originally from the Tower of London. They have also illuminated the pillars outside in the colours of the French Tricolour after last weekends events. Made a nice combination.

A big thanks to Mr Perceptive of this parish who pointed out that setting a Lightroom lens correction of Nikon 10.5mm fisheye works almost perfectly with a Samyang 8mm.

Vive la Liverpool
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Love it! Can you post an uncorrected version though? I reckon that would be way cool!

I'll have a look tomorrow. You might have to remind me!
I'm busy watching Roy's marvels showing us how they are going to win next year's Euros.

Ah but I don't have a laptop!
Just the PC and mobile.
I sit here without such digital distractions and enter into meaningful debates with SWMBO on such pressing matters as the meaning of life or the colour of our new towels.

Ah but I don't have a laptop!
Just the PC and mobile.
I sit here without such digital distractions and enter into meaningful debates with SWMBO on such pressing matters as the meaning of life or the colour of our new towels.

We have no such debates. They're all brown. Sorry, mocha.

I was undecided, but put up the corrected version after meeting Mr Perspective on Saturday. He gave me the tip about the Nikon 10.5mm lens correction so used it.
I am probably a bit out of kilter with the world, but I don't mind the distortion that a fisheye produces.

Actually I think I have answered my own question - Samyang/Rokinon have a 100mm 1;1 macro with manual aperture control which also comes in Fuji X mount! Seem reasonable?

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/samyang-100mm-f-2-8-ed-umc-macro-lens-review-27935

A few of us have been waiting for someone to get one and share the results. So I say go for it :) it's still a full manual lens though so no great advantage over a legacy lens using an adapter unless the glass is very good.

Another option for true 1:1 macro is the zeiss 50mm.

Back