The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I don't understand the technicalities but it appears that you need the Mark II version of the triggers.
Set them both to TRX and away you go.

X-T1, Nikkor28mm manual lens reversed (giving a scene width of 11.5mm), 1/180sec, @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash attached to the lens via an adapter that I made out of an old Nikon rear lens cap.
Slime Head-01965 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Nice that George. I'd forgoten about reversing rings. Presumably this is just a "standard" Fuji fit ring with a thread to match your lens?

Nice that George. I'd forgoten about reversing rings. Presumably this is just a "standard" Fuji fit ring with a thread to match your lens?

Thanks for that Frank, appreciate your comments.(y)

I put a Nikon Ai to Fuji-X adapter on the X-T1 first, and then used a 52mm to Nikon F reversing ring.

George.

I see. Two rings. I have done this in the past when I was on Canon. I've also stacked two lenses together. A 24.105 on the body and a 70.200 reversed onto the front. That gave some phenomenal magnification. Depth of field was approx 0.5mm. Only way I could take a shot was by tethering and using the mouse to adjust everything. Touching the lens set up caused infinitesimal movements that showed up.
That's your next challenge.

I see. Two rings. I have done this in the past when I was on Canon. I've also stacked two lenses together. A 24.105 on the body and a 70.200 reversed onto the front. That gave some phenomenal magnification. Depth of field was approx 0.5mm. Only way I could take a shot was by tethering and using the mouse to adjust everything. Touching the lens set up caused infinitesimal movements that showed up.
That's your next challenge.

I've since changed my close up/macro setup Frank.

I mainly now use a setup that I made everything myself, it consists of a set of focusing extension tubes, a lens panel that has a full set of LF camera movements on it and can take a lens that is designed for a 5 x 4 technical camera. This lens panel enables me to use a full set of Rise/Fall/Swing/Tilt movements of the lens, the forward tilt movement is particularly useful for getting more DOF in macro work. The lens I use is a "Schneider 120mm F5.6 Makro-Symmar HM", obviously this lens has no focusing mechanism as its designed for a LF camera hence the need for focusing tubes.

With this setup I can focus from about 25ish feet down to a scene width of 2mm (times 12 life size) using an APS-C camera, or infinity down to a scene width of 3mm (times 12 life size) when using FF. It all seems to work pretty well.(y)

George.

OK Smart Ar$e. They are very, very good. I don't know how you have the patience to wait that long, or the back to bend down low enough!
Are these "natural" or caught and held in the fridge to slow them down?

OK Smart Ar$e. They are very, very good. I don't know how you have the patience to wait that long, or the back to bend down low enough!
Are these "natural" or caught and held in the fridge to slow them down?

All natural Frank, I love wildlife and insects too much to inflict any suffering to them. "HONEST"(y)

George.

Just phoned Fuji up regarding the cashback and they have told me payment was made yesterday and will take 2-3 days. Both claims were validated on 26th and 27th January so others should be getting there's as well.

Just phoned Fuji up regarding the cashback and they have told me payment was made yesterday and will take 2-3 days. Both claims were validated on 26th and 27th January so others should be getting there's as well.
That's good news - I hope. My claim was validated long before then so I hope I've been paid as well.
Don't suppose they gave any explanation for the delay????

That's good news - I hope. My claim was validated long before then so I hope I've been paid as well.
Don't suppose they gave any explanation for the delay????

No I didn't ask as they said payment was made yesterday. Was looking t buy the samyang 12mm f2 but. Now need 2 new tyres instead!!

Would that make the Samyang 21mm f1.4 a good or bad option? Interesting though!

You bugger didn't even realise they made a 21!!! Definitely want the 12mm though as need a wider lens.

Depends on the pricing,size and weather sealing if the revamped 23 comes out.

The 21 is priced at £280 from WEX. but they are on previous order. Amazon have them at £310 ota.
That's a big difference from the Fuji 23mm 1.4. It's also a lot cheaper than MPB are selling s/h Fujis.

Tricky decisions there!

I keep looking at the XT-1 and then thinking do I wait for the XPro 2 to come down in price a bit and invest in more glass for now

S/H X-T1 models are going for around £500 on here. That's a lot of camera for your money.
Lots of change from a XPro2 for glass, then you've got everything!

S/H X-T1 models are going for around £500 on here. That's a lot of camera for your money.
Lots of change from a XPro2 for glass, then you've got everything!

Agreed. And I can't see the difference of £1k for X-Pro1 to X-Pro2 unless you're professional. The figures just don't stack up for me and what I do, which is why I bought the X-T1 off SC.

Yes. There has to be some form of electrical involvement. There is no place for a manual release to be attached.
Even the trigger trap 90 degree connectors stand a little proud for normal L brackets. You could always remove the little door which would simply things, otherwise you have to search around a bit. Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

So a quick root about in my odds and sods box reveals I have a Canon RS60-E3 trigger which works fine on the XT1. It has a right angled connection which when plugged in sticks out maybe 1mm further than the strap lug and well inside the door flap. I also have a Strobies wireless remote trigger that sits on the hotshot and connects to the same port with another angled plug, but this stands almost as far out as the door itself. Is any cheapo l-bracket going to give me enough room to get one of these plugged in while the camera is mounted vertically?

I have an RS60-E3 trigger. It's the one I was referring to above. The right angled connector on mine (and presumably yours?) is the only connector I have found that will allow me to use my L bracket and have it placed centrally on my head. I have bought, and you are welcome to try, several other connectors but they all stood too proud.
The nearest I came was the Triggertrap connector that I use with the 603s. This nearly lets me centre on the head, but not quite. Close enough, though the plastic door does have to make some small contortions!

I am always impressed when the photograph of a camera looks so much better than the actual camera sitting next to me on the desk. I should obviously dust mine a little more regularly

LOL! It looks better than the one sat next to me! :D They always do when blown up but Fujis are very photogenic, I find, unlike me.

A question, possibly nothing to do with Fuji.
Why does my name appear in posts in blue italic with the @ symbol in front of it? Doesn't happen every time.
Why and how is it done? It never happens when I type a members name.
Is it important?

Back