The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What chargers are people using? stock ones? dual ebay/amazon specials?

I know Hahnel are making a pro-cube twin charger due out soon but I dont wanna wait!

If at home, either an original Fuji one (I have 3 cameras that take the same battery so 3 chargers for them!) or a universal one, whichever comes to hand first. On holiday, the universal, a Hahnel UniPal Plus (which I got with a 2nd hand Nikon I bought for my MiL for which LCE had lost the original charger. The Hahnel one was priced at the same I paid for the camera!) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hahnel-Unipal-Universal-Battery-Charger/dp/B009LM3V5E

If at home, either an original Fuji one (I have 3 cameras that take the same battery so 3 chargers for them!) or a universal one, whichever comes to hand first. On holiday, the universal, a Hahnel UniPal Plus (which I got with a 2nd hand Nikon I bought for my MiL for which LCE had lost the original charger. The Hahnel one was priced at the same I paid for the camera!) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hahnel-Unipal-Universal-Battery-Charger/dp/B009LM3V5E

Woah! That thing can charge any li on battery? That's mad! Or voodoo. Way too many questions...!

Put in a 16 hour shift yesterday but definitely worth it, happy client, happy days. Massive appreciation for the people that do this for a living every day, I'm exhausted, so much work goes into it.

Chalet by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Very pleased that I'm back in camp Fuji, that 10-24mm is an absolute peach.

Last edited:
The 1.4 T/C arrived this evening, so I had to pop outside for a quick test. With my new 100-400mm I'll be giving it a more thorough test at the weekend.

Moon @ 400mm by Andrew Colgan, on Flickr

Moon @ 560mm by Andrew Colgan, on Flickr

Wow the TC gets you quite a bit closer! Did you use AF? Is there much difference with the TC on? Interested as many DSLRs struggle with a TC connected to a lens with a max aperture of f/5.6, although I guess having contrast AND phase detect AF must give mirrorless an advantage?

I used manual focus for these - focus peaking in manual made focus sing a doddle. I also tried AF and it had no problem locking.

The minimum aperture at 400mm+T/C is f8. I'll by trying a more real-world test at the weekend.

Got my cash back from Fuji yesterday. Hmmmmm. What to spend it on? :)

Can someone recommend a good starter lens for the X-T10? 18-55 a good bet?

Both the 18-55mm and 16-50mm are excellent lenses. The 16-50mm is lighter, but has a slower max aperture / no aperture ring / less efficient optical stabilisation / mostly plastic build. The 18-55mm is pitched a little higher (and the lens I tend to use the most) but optically, both are very good indeed - you can use either from wide open with great results.

As above, 18-55 if you can stretch to it, but if not the 16-50 is a very fine kit lens optically.

Both the 18-55mm and 16-50mm are excellent lenses. The 16-50mm is lighter, but has a slower max aperture / no aperture ring / less efficient optical stabilisation / mostly plastic build. The 18-55mm is pitched a little higher (and the lens I tend to use the most) but optically, both are very good indeed - you can use either from wide open with great results.

Now considering one myself! Just sold my full frame kit and pondering a D7200 or something very different such as the X-T10

Excellent lens however you may need a grip. I know some people were fine with it but I found it a bit top heavy when I used to have an X-T10, I sold the 18-55 for a 16-50 which was balanced better for me. Both lenses are excellent, you may struggle but if you can find a shop with both in may be worth you taking the body and trying them out.

Wonder when Fujis next promo will be, Panasonics just launched theirs for Easter.
With all the hassle over cashback you could make an argument for buying s/h from a good dealer. Fuji haven't exactly covered themselves in glory have they?

Excellent lens however you may need a grip. I know some people were fine with it but I found it a bit top heavy when I used to have an X-T10, I sold the 18-55 for a 16-50 which was balanced better for me. Both lenses are excellent, you may struggle but if you can find a shop with both in may be worth you taking the body and trying them out.

Are there any relatively cheap and light primes out there - ideally something in the 30-35mm range? This system is all new to me!

Or 27mm f2.8, £199 on Fuji Refurb.

With all the hassle over cashback you could make an argument for buying s/h from a good dealer. Fuji haven't exactly covered themselves in glory have they?

Whilst rubbish, mine was only a week or so late. They've always paid out before so I'm not sure that was ever in doubt. Would I rather wait a little longer for the cash back but get a brand new product? Ya ha!

Mine was over a month late, and they kept on lying to me about when it would be paid. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

I love mine. And it's so discounted bought with the X-T10 that if you don't like it, you can probably sell it at a profit! Having said that, most of the XC16-50 owners seem pretty happy too. I would recommend an L-bracket with grip (eBay can provide) but YMMV.

Ooh now I wish I hadn't of clicked that link

I need to get a zoom to go with my 18 and 27 on my xpro 1

I was thinking of the 18-55 how do the 2 compare?
I've not used the 18-55, but the 18-135 is a cracking lens. Very useful focal length range for a 1 lens solution when out and about, weather resistant and nice and sharp. OIS is decent too.

Ooh now I wish I hadn't of clicked that link

I need to get a zoom to go with my 18 and 27 on my xpro 1

I was thinking of the 18-55 how do the 2 compare?

Very well. The 18-55 is a bit faster in terms of maximum aperture but the 18-135 has the extra reach and an extra stop or so of stabilisation not to mention the weather resistance especially when on an X-T1.

Very well. The 18-55 is a bit faster in terms of maximum aperture but the 18-135 has the extra reach and an extra stop or so of stabilisation not to mention the weather resistance especially when on an X-T1.

It is bigger and heavier though, so it depends really on how much weight you're happy with swinging around your neck :) Looks a great all rounder though!

It is bigger and heavier though, so it depends really on how much weight you're happy with swinging around your neck :) Looks a great all rounder though!

My X-T1 lives on a narrow neoprene strap and is far lighter than the alternative D750 with the 24-120 f/4! The extra versatility of the 18-135 swings it for me as well. Not knocking the 18-55 - I have one of those too, although it may get sold should I decide to get a 100-400.

My X-T1 lives on a narrow neoprene strap and is far lighter than the alternative D750 with the 24-120 f/4! The extra versatility of the 18-135 swings it for me as well. Not knocking the 18-55 - I have one of those too, although it may get sold should I decide to get a 100-400.

Let me know if you decide to part with the 18-55, Nod.

Great. Now I have GAS again!

Back