The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

OK. Back to sensible topics.
I've just had an email telling me that the buttons have now been shipped.
No indication of how long they will take.
That's pretty fast service.

OK. Back to sensible topics.
I've just had an email telling me that the buttons have now been shipped.
No indication of how long they will take.
That's pretty fast service.
Mine also, ordered 11am today, missed out on the group buy though o_O

If you want one you'd better shout soon. I'll be placing the order later tonight. Just giving the workers and shirkers time to catch up on the days events!
Pay me when it gets here. We share postage between us. The more there are the less the cost.
One thing to bear in mind, if the value of the order is over £18 you will be liable for import VAT.

Those soft releases look very good. Does anyone use the bigger eyecup and wear glasses??
I have the long eyecup and I wear varifocals, IMO it's way better than the standard eyecup, although you do have to press it quite tightly to your eye/glasses to see the whole viewfinder.

I believe the import VAT if applied will only amount to approx £11 and split amongst the 5 of us.
Still works out cheaper than singular purchases.

Dear fellow Fuji’ers

Just wondering what remote shutter devices people use?
I’m ideally after one with a “Set Time” function that isn’t limited to 5s intervals when you get to 25, 30s.

I presume even a Canon mic/usb input device would work? Ta

Not sure how much control it allows over things like intervalometry but I use an Android 'phone as a wireless remote. It was cheaper than the official Fuji wired one and gives a live view as well. I was given a Canon jackplug type remote cable which works via the microphone socket so presumable a Canon intervalometer with the right connection would do the job.

Dear fellow Fuji’ers

I’m ideally after one with a “Set Time” function that isn’t limited to 5s intervals when you get to 25, 30s.

I just use a cheapy £7 chinese cable release and use the timer that appears on screen when you lock the shutter open in bulb mode.

calling all 10-24 owners.

Does your OIS make a noise? my brand new lens doesnt make a squeak with OIS on and doesnt seem to be doing anything..hard to tell.

Dear fellow Fuji’ers

Not sure I totally understand the question but the X-T1 has a built in intervalometer that will allow you to set the delay between shots to what you want. A
Minimum 1 second and take as many shots as you desire.

Not sure I totally understand the question but the X-T1 has a built in intervalometer that will allow you to set the delay between shots to what you want. A
Minimum 1 second and take as many shots as you desire.

Sorry the 5s interval comments refers to setting the shutter time. My App currently goes 20/25/30s.

I've followed @stupar and @Nod's comments and gone for a nice cheap remote, just got to make sure I can see the screen!

I believe the import VAT if applied will only amount to approx £11 and split amongst the 5 of us.
Still works out cheaper than singular purchases.
Also the courier will charge a handling fee for collecting the vat/duty on behalf of hrmc, ups and dhl its £15 iirc, Parcelforce charge £8.

What chargers are people using? stock ones? dual ebay/amazon specials?

I know Hahnel are making a pro-cube twin charger due out soon but I dont wanna wait!

Dear fellow Fuji’ers

I've just received my official Fuji RR-90 remote. Simple and NOT worth the £50+ I see them for.

Got it for £25 on Amazon.

Back