The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Quite nice that. I sometimes process my shots like that but never let anyone else see them for fear of getting my head ripped off by the style police.

Quite nice that. I sometimes process my shots like that but never let anyone else see them for fear of getting my head ripped off by the style police.

Why if they you like it and they don't then that's their problem.

Edit: Just realised that sounded like I was having a pop at you and that was not my intention

Last edited by a moderator:

Cant take everything as a negative crit, if you like it, post it. Not all heavily processed stuff is terrible and I find most people in here have mostly nice things to say and arent ever overly harsh.

Last edited:
Why if they you like it and they don't then that's their problem.

Edit: Just realised that sounded like I was having a pop at you and that was not my intention
That's OK. No offence taken or inferred.
But sometimes on here (not in this thread) anything that's not "routine" gets bawled out. I suspect it's down to jealousy but there are some who seem to exist just to rip other's work to pieces.

But sometimes on here (not in this thread) anything that's not "routine" gets bawled out. I suspect it's down to jealousy but there are some who seem to exist just to rip other's work to pieces.

There will always be one or two. Unless its constructive, just ignore them.

would get from panamoz rather than Digital rev £619 vs £669 and 3 year gtee with Panamoz

But..i've only heard bad things about their warranty..although it could have changed. Digital Rev will book it in with a UK repair centre and foot the bill.

To be fair I have never used Panamoz after reading a few bad reviews..sods law says one of those problems would happen to me. Digital Rev is pretty well known and has a huge youtube channel so I feel a lot safer ordering there and still getting a good saving.

But..i've only heard bad things about their warranty..although it could have changed. Digital Rev will book it in with a UK repair centre and foot the bill.

To be fair I have never used Panamoz after reading a few bad reviews..sods law says one of those problems would happen to me. Digital Rev is pretty well known and has a huge youtube channel so I feel a lot safer ordering there and still getting a good saving.

Got any links to the bad reviews, lots of good ones on TP and TBH I`ve not seen a bad one for Panamoz

X-E1 -> X-E2 -> X-T1 -> OMD EM5 -> X-E2 -> X-T1 Thats all in the last 2 years. I appreciate it looks like GAS, and to some extent it probably is but the upgrades to the Fuji's were a natural progression. Unfortunately towards the end of last year funds became really tight and I ended up having to sell the X-T1 and replaced it temporarily with the Oly. Ever since then I've been working my way back to the X-T1 and it just arrived this morning :)

Good to see you back on board Steve, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

Is the 35mm f/1.4 worth spending 200 odd quid on? Looking to pick one up but can't access the classifieds on here yet and ebay prices don't seem great!

Is the 35mm f/1.4 worth spending 200 odd quid on? Looking to pick one up but can't access the classifieds on here yet and ebay prices don't seem great!
I've got one. Swapped my Canon 24-105 for it. A good lens. I like the 1.4 bit. Only drawback is that the rubber lens hood cap comes off in my camera bag!!!

Cheers both, see people raving about it in reviews but it's always better to get the opinion of the average user I guess. I'll have a look about.

Out of curiosity where is that? Wessenden, Standedge?

Marsden Moor in between Rochdale and Huddersfield. Would have walked further but had the dog tied round my waist and the next part I came to was a cobbled area which was quite slippy.

Didn't want anymore accidents as the week before I slammed the car boot shut on my head and ended up having my head glued back up. Don't ask lets just say it was bleeding and I had a headache for a couple of days!!!

Ive ordered a few things from panamoz in the past and never had any problems. I Had a problem with an olympus omd em5 and had to send the camera to Olympus who gave me a quote to repair. I then had to pay for the repair and send the receipt to Panamoz who arranged payment by bank transfer within 24 hours. Was a bit of hassle but the paid and at the time I saved quite a bit compared to what I would have paid in the UK.

I remember putting this picture up in the landscape thread and was told that the barbed wire fence is distracting and the windmills do nothing. The fact is as long as I like it I'm happy then that's fine, I don't mind feedback as to ways I can improve the photo or what I could have done better but take the fence ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1461095595.568866.jpgand the windmills out and there's bugger all left!!

Not a lot wrong with that either. I'd be happy to have taken that.
I seldom post pics in the general section. Too much aggro. Much better posting them in this thread.

Agree the general thread isn't to bad such as Flickr today and for fun but if you put something in some of the specific threads you can get ripped apart.

We're all a nice bunch in here though and this is probably one of the best threads going

I remember putting this picture up in the landscape thread and was told that the barbed wire fence is distracting and the windmills do nothing. The fact is as long as I like it I'm happy then that's fine, I don't mind feedback as to ways I can improve the photo or what I could have done better but take the fence View attachment 62589and the windmills out and there's bugger all left!!

That's a lovely shot, Andy. The colours are gorgeous, composition looks spot on. Sod the miserable beggars, that's a cracker.

I remember putting this picture up in the landscape thread and was told that the barbed wire fence is distracting and the windmills do nothing. The fact is as long as I like it I'm happy then that's fine, I don't mind feedback as to ways I can improve the photo or what I could have done better but take the fence View attachment 62589and the windmills out and there's bugger all left!!

I like that one too.
I do not understand the attitude that says landscapes must be sanatised.
The whole land scape of the UK is mand made
wire fences and turbines are of today. It is important that some one records life as it really is.

From tests and reports the 35 f2 is much faster focus and sharper over much of its range and smaller it is also water resistant.

I like that one too.
I do not understand the attitude that says landscapes must be sanatised.
The whole land scape of the UK is mand made
wire fences and turbines are of today. It is important that some one records life as it really is.
I (somewhat foolishly) joined a local camera club. Pictures entered in a landscape competition were allowed no man made intervention at all. No walls. No fences. No ploughed furrows.
I left.

I (somewhat foolishly) joined a local camera club. Pictures entered in a landscape competition were allowed no man made intervention at all. No walls. No fences. No ploughed furrows.
I left.
Quite right. I would have said a few choice words.

Dear all Fuji long exposure experts :).

Will the XT1 suffer from light leak through the EVF while shooting directly AWAY from the sun?
Few of my shots today seemed to have a much brighter centre than expected. Fixed it mostly but wasnt sure if EVF was the issue.

One below after some light room playing:

25926038034_2562e5d0b3_b_d.jpg

Back