The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

rookies

All the Fuji primes are good lenses, some are truly excellent, but some of the older ones 18/35/(1.4)60 are not that fast to focus, so if you want something snappy then I would suggest not starting with one of these. The AF speed on these will be noticeably slower than your D750.

Are you saying the newer lens are also not as quick as my d750?

Mirrorless systems are inherently slower to focus. Honestly I havent had any issues with speed using the 18-55 or 55-200.

The only place I could see an issue is using the continuous tracking. While it works for the most part, it does hunt a bit and in general feels like a feature in it's infancy.
I still manage wildlife and sports stuff fine, it'd just yield more keepers on a dslr.

Are you saying the newer lens are also not as quick as my d750?

Ill make this really easy for you. Its not as good as the D750 in terms of image quality or AF, but its a very good camera, its small, has top glass and its a great camera to use. Jpgs are excellent if you cant be bothered to PP RAW either, best Ive seen,

Not sure rookies will ever be happy. A week ago he was thinking of chopping in for a D810, now going the other way! Trying systems can be fun though, usually people do settle on one eventually...

Not sure rookies will ever be happy. A week ago he was thinking of chopping in for a D810, now going the other way! Trying systems can be fun though, usually people do settle on one eventually...

I think I enjoy trying different things I think we all do lol

Funny, I normally do but not with photographic systems. I tend to like to stick with mine and learn the system and lenses, instead. Let's see. In the last 25 years my bodies have been:

Nikon FM2N
Leica M6TTL
Nikon F100
Nikon D1X
Nikon D90
Nikon D300S
Fuji X-T1 (Current)

So 7 bodies, 3 brands in 25 years (not counting compacts).

(BTW, just re-read that first line and it wasn't meant to be critical or condescending, just stating my personal preference.)

Last edited:
Hi all, just upgraded my xe1 to the xt10 and am using the 35mm f1.4 and the 55-200mm zoom. Compared to the xe1, I find the handling on the xt10 abit awkward, I have small hands but still finding it difficult to hold the camera comfortably without hitting the buttons on the back of the camera especially the fn button. Not too bad when using the 35mm lens but with the zoom, I keep knocking the buttons! Would a metal hand grip solve the problem without adding too much weight to the camera?

Indeed, I certainly do.

I suspect a month of D750 ownership means you should still be trying that out! I find I only get GAS when sat in front of the PC looking at all the options, not when I'm out shooting

You're my kind of guy.
Go and get yourself that 100-400....and a pint for me.

Get out today? We were doing fine till we found the central section closed off then the rain came.

Yes did get out, slipped over on a bank, moss covered rocks and mud, bashed my new tripod, and face planted the ball head in several inches of mud, I'm glad you weren't with me as you'd have just laughed and given me no sympathy, and generally taken the p*ss out of me for the next two hours!!!

Ball head needs a good clean, and I've got a nice chip on the side of it, but that will make me a serious togger now, not some desk jockey who keeps his kit in perfect condition.

Fortunately all the camera gear was in a back pack.

Pictures later..... (of my intended target, not of me lying in the mud!!)

Yes did get out, slipped over on a bank, moss covered rocks and mud, bashed my new tripod, and face planted the ball head in several inches of mud, I'm glad you weren't with me as you'd have just laughed and given me no sympathy, and generally taken the p*ss out of me for the next two hours!!!

Ball head needs a good clean, and I've got a nice chip on the side of it, but that will make me a serious togger now, not some desk jockey who keeps his kit in perfect condition.

You're just a gear tart.
Falling over deliberately just to get some battle scars is the mark of a true *****

LOL. I had a friend who loathed kit that looked new. We ordered two Domke ballistic F6 bags from the US and we shipped them both to him. I went to his place to pick mine up and we opened the package together. He immediately took his outside, stamped up and down on it and rubbed it into the concrete and some dirt until it looked a good few years old! This was an expensive bag, too. I laughed my butt off and thought he was quite mad. I still have that bag 20 years on and it still looks better than his did after the first 10 mins. :wideyed:

Indeed, I certainly do.

I suspect a month of D750 ownership means you should still be trying that out! I find I only get GAS when sat in front of the PC looking at all the options, not when I'm out shooting

Yes your right this forum doesn't bloody help lol

What your set up now pal as not up to date

LOL. I had a friend who loathed kit that looked new. We ordered two Domke ballistic F6 bags from the US and we shipped them both to him. I went to his place to pick mine up and we opened the package together. He immediately took his outside, stamped up and down on it and rubbed it into the concrete and some dirt until it looked a good few years old! This was an expensive bag, too. I laughed my butt off and thought he was quite mad. I still have that bag 20 years on and it still looks better than his did after the first 10 mins. :wideyed:
You've obviously not met Mr P!

Going off topic now :p

D750, 24-120, Tamron 70-300 VC

I was looking at the X-T1, but in the end the lenses I wanted were just going to be too expensive to justify a switch. Contrary to the majority of people I also quite like front and back dials as per Nikon rather than the top ones and fiddling with an aperture ring on the lens.

Going off topic now :p

D750, 24-120, Tamron 70-300 VC

I was looking at the X-T1, but in the end the lenses I wanted were just going to be too expensive to justify a switch. Contrary to the majority of people I also quite like front and back dials as per Nikon rather than the top ones and fiddling with an aperture ring on the lens.

Know what u mean about the dial and controls. Nikon got this right

Reactions: nog
Know what u mean about the dial and controls. Nikon got this right

Got to agree using the dials to alter is great, can do that with Fuji but only a smallish adjustment up or down, can`t rember how much. Would be good if they could remove the limit.

Is aperture ring on every lens even they new ones

There's a few at Wex at 8/10 condition, I live bout a mile away from their warehouse so I'll inspect them all tomorrow!

That's nice Dunc, really like the isolation you've obtained. I'm guessin' this is with your (wifes) material again as the background. Works very well.(y)

George.

Thanks George! Yes, last in the series of tests including my wife's dress. This one was outside whilst wearing it, though. :D (Frank, just kidding, mate!)

Back