The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

He might be a good bloke to talk to but if he charges off and leaves most trailing in his wake then he's not doing his job.
Once he'd had us all gathered for his publicity shot he stormed off and we never saw him again. He didn't seem to understand that most of us were not too good at taking pictures whilst walking down the street.

Tell me more!
Well, I set the camera flash to commander, and nissin to Sd (slave Digital) and was getting nothing.
After setting the nissin to Sf (slave film) it seems to work. I guess digital mode looks for multiple strobes (anti redeye).

Either way, it works now in manual only. It's surprisingly sensitive, firing even while at the other end of the room facing the other direction. :)

Does that mean you are using the diddly little kit flash as a trigger? If not what are you using as a trigger? Something has to send a message from camera to flash. How are you doing it.
It would be good to know.

Does that mean you are using the diddly little kit flash as a trigger? If not what are you using as a trigger? Something has to send a message from camera to flash. How are you doing it.
It would be good to know.
Certainly am. Set it to commander, pop it up and off you go. :)

I don't think you can adjust power etc in commander mode. It's low enough to not really be noticeable in the image.

Must try that. Never knew that the little flash could be used as a trigger. Have to dig it out from the bottom of the spares box.
If that works I owe you!

Must try that. Never knew that the little flash could be used as a trigger. Have to dig it out from the bottom of the spares box.
If that works I owe you!
Think Jimmyjamjojo is using the X-T10, which has a built-in flash. I've not heard of it working with the T1 kit flash, but I could be wrong (again).

Does anyone know of you can get cashback from Fuji when you buy from Digital Depot the site appears to advertise it but not sure. thanks

Right. I've just tried my Nissin i40 with the T1 kit flash. It works with either Sf or Sd mode. Both are manual and not TTL but Sd mode is effectively useless. Sf mode will work but in manual mode only. In fact, all modes except Sf will fire the flash but on minimal power. Only Sd gives control via the manual dial. I could be doing something wrong, if so please shout.

Doesn't seem to offer any benefits over using the Yn 603 system which at least allows the shutter to be operated wirelessly at the same time.

Anyone worked out anything better?

Last edited:
Thanks Stuart. Somewhat pricey!
Interesting that there is a link to an article a out using the 622 system which is what I do for my serious stuff. Doesn't seem to mention TTL though.

€459!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that price?
Highest price i could find was £260 approx for the top of the range triggers.
Expensive yes but then bespoke comes at a price i guess :D

Its funny i have always relied upon TTL when of camera on other systems but since moving to Fuji i have had to re address the situation.
I now use a Yongnuo YN560IV along with a Yongnuo YN560TX.
Whilst there is no TTL off camera the TX unit (sits on top of XT1) at least lets me control the 560IV when away from the camera, and manual flash isnt overly difficult to learn.

I presume you don't use them?
You haven't resorted to a light meter have you or just trial and error?

I presume you don't use them?
You haven't resorted to a light meter have you or just trial and error?

Eh.........no!
No no light meter involved. I just guess and do a bit of chimping until im on the money with the correct flash exposure.
After thst thecTX makes light work of changing settings without having to run back and forth to the flash itself.

That was when they were released to the only supplier in EU (recently). I got a quote direct. Screw that kind of money just for ttl, hss/ttl for £150 maybe.

Last edited:
That was when they were released to the only supplier in EU (recently). I got a quote direct. Screw that kind of money just for ttl, hss/ttl for £150 maybe.

It is a heck of a lot of cash but someone out there will pay it no doubt.

Really enjoying the Fuji. The pancake 27mm has to be the ultimate "take anywhere" lens.
Pls hear your enjoying it

What you liking I guess compactness? But us had that with Sony. How do u rate it over the Sony pal? Any images u like to share pls

What you liking I guess compactness? But us had that with Sony. How do u rate it over the Sony pal? Any images u like to share pls

Did you have that with Sony? Which lens was that small?

Did you have that with Sony? Which lens was that small?

Well was a bit lighter and smaller yes. But I see your point regarding the Fuji being even smaller. But not forget the Sony is FF

With the 35 1.4 it's more compact than what I had with the sony and my smallest lens (55 1.8). So the 27mm takes it to a new level. No complaints from the Mrs when I put it in her handbag at he end of the evening. Couldn't do that with with my d810.

Only really used it for some shots over the weekend while away- so a couple of photos around the hotel and along the river. Then some of my friends little girl. The 35mm is sharp! Happy to share images from the weekend but don't seem to want to transfer from my phone onto here for some reason.

Being compact is great, but nothing if the image quality isn't there. I'd rather have a bit more size and weight if it means getting decent shots. The quality is there though and plenty good enough for me. I think I've gone to iso 3200. For these I've transferred to black and white.

The camera starts up quickly. Much faster than both my a6000 and a7rii.

Im using the manual dials a lot more than I thought I would. So far I'm delighted with it.

Not at the point where I would say it will replace the a7rii. But certainly the a6000 may be looking for a new home.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Fuji. The pancake 27mm has to be the ultimate "take anywhere" lens.

I bought the 27mm from the classifieds here a year ago as it was a cheap option and also nice and light. It took a while but I really enjoy using it now. I had to get a metal lens hood as there was nothing to get hold of with my left hand and the odd finger tended to stray in front of the lens but it THE lens I use when out and about.

Used the 60mm for the 1st time yesterday and am really pleased with it. Slow to focus, yes but, once you achieve it for the 1st time and your plane of focus isn't shifting by a dramatic amount, it's perfectly usable. I even used it on continuous focus!

Tinta-1.jpg
Tinta-2.jpg
Tinta-3.jpg
Tinta-4.jpg
Tinta-5.jpg

Last edited:
Any lens on the Fuji as sharp as these sigma art lens?

Back