The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

ok so the 100-400 and 1.4 tc arrived today. i was working from home and the sun was shining. this usually means i get to bring the laptop into the garden and work while having a camera next to me for when the birds pay a visit.

typical that today i had 840mm at my disposal and no birds showing up.
eventually some did. I'm very impressed with the VR on this lens. comfortably handhold this fully zoomed in with the tc on. the lens with the tc on is quite slow to focus, but I've not yet tried it without the tc on.

20160506-DSCF9977 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Double sided tape?

Or adhesive vinyl from eBay... Pimp it with some leopard print!

Already tried glueing it rather unsuccessfully and really don't want to faff around much more to be honest.

You can get an instant quote for repairs from the Fuji website. I think it's a fixed fee though :( My wife's X-M1 shutter has stopped firing, standard repair cost is £95 :eek: BUT...they do give you 12 months warranty on the entire camera afterwards...

Thanks. I'll have a look. I guess if I can get the grip replaced and the bent USB door fixed that's not too bad!

ok so the 100-400 and 1.4 tc arrived today. i was working from home and the sun was shining. this usually means i get to bring the laptop into the garden and work while having a camera next to me for when the birds pay a visit.

typical that today i had 840mm at my disposal and no birds showing up.
eventually some did. I'm very impressed with the VR on this lens. comfortably handhold this fully zoomed in with the tc on. the lens with the tc on is quite slow to focus, but I've not yet tried it without the tc on.

20160506-DSCF9977 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
Nice shot, it's always the tits that show so we can test a lens!
I've handheld every shot with mine, it's amazing how well it works. Turn IS off and look through the lens, wibbly wobbly. This thing smashes the old Sigma I had on my Nikon.

I think it's actually the button that has failed, rather than the shutter. Either way you can get a used X-M1 from MPB for £125.00 lol
I just had a sensor replaced on my first x-pro1, dropped it 2ft onto the carpet at home!! that was £150.00. I can buy a used one in good condition for £190 but I wanted my camera. The service is excellent from fuji, if you pay the £10 fast track.

Popped out on the bike for a training run but decided to take the camera as the sunset conditions looked promising.
Came back with this

Sunset Docks by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Lovely shot Stuart, great light, well controlled exposure, and very nice detail.(y)

George.

Nice shots. I had planned to sell the 35 but it's a pretty awesome little lens.

Yeah, I'd gone out fully thinking I'd swap for the f2 and gain the WR which would be nice and occasionally useful, and quicker focussing would obviously be good. But I've taken a good few low light shots that just wouldn't be quite the same at f2, and I wonder if I'd miss that as when the f1.4 is good, it's SO good.

Yeah, I'd gone out fully thinking I'd swap for the f2 and gain the WR which would be nice and occasionally useful, and quicker focussing would obviously be good. But I've taken a good few low light shots that just wouldn't be quite the same at f2, and I wonder if I'd miss that as when the f1.4 is good, it's SO good.

Yeah f2 on a crop sensor doesn't appeal to me all that much. I wonder if Fuji will update the 1.4 with fast af and WR.

Blooming heck twist that a lovely image captures it brill. JPEG?

Another random...

9639553434_efe344f508_z.jpg

Loving your images your taking with this camera and kit lens pal. What other lens you have

Got a 90mm coming in due course for my portrait work but otherwise when out doing landscapes etc its just the 18-55mm for everything.

Got a 90mm coming in due course for my portrait work but otherwise when out doing landscapes etc its just the 18-55mm for everything.

Really am impress what camera did you come from pal do u shoot raw?

90mm for portrait wow on a crop what is the crop factor of this camera pls?

Seriously! You should know by now rooks, it's apsc / 1.5x.

Knew it was apsc but didn't know the crop sorry pal

You sold your 50-140 but did you have a go with it to see how fast it was at AF?

Mrs won't let me have 2 system have tried my best so it either a complete move or stay put.

Knew it was apsc but didn't know the crop sorry pal

You sold your 50-140 but did you have a go with it to see how fast it was at AF?

Mrs won't let me have 2 system have tried my best so it either a complete move or stay put.

Bloody amazing lens, one of the sharpest lenses I've used and af was very impressive. The new owner was just as impressed.

Last edited:
Bloody amazing lens, one of the sharpest lenses I've used and af was very impressive. The new owner was just as impressed.

Cheers pal

No regret then ha ha

None whatsoever.

The Fuji might not be full frame but compared to the 5D2 in other respects it is easily leagues beyond.

Most importantly though, i got fed up carrying a huge lowepro bag full of kit around and it put me off photography.
Now i just carry the Fuji plus 18-55 in a small Kata bag and it has done wonders to respark the interest.
To

None whatsoever.

The Fuji might not be full frame but compared to the 5D2 in other respects it is easily leagues beyond.

Most importantly though, i got fed up carrying a huge lowepro bag full of kit around and it put me off photography.
Now i just carry the Fuji plus 18-55 in a small Kata bag and it has done wonders to respark the interest.
To

From what you shown you taken some brill images. How you manage with low lights without flash pls

From what you shown you taken some brill images. How you manage with low lights without flash pls

Low light without flash boils down to two things for me - high ISO or long exposure.

For landscape work it is the latter option, for portraits sometimes i can get away with high ISO but to be frank i prefer to use flash and blend it with the ambient light available.

Low light without flash boils down to two things for me - high ISO or long exposure.

For landscape work it is the latter option, for portraits sometimes i can get away with high ISO but to be frank i prefer to use flash and blend it with the ambient light available.

I think you right. Think I need start learning flash you use the supply flash?? Any samples pls?

I think you right. Think I need start learning flash you use the supply flash?? Any samples pls?
The XF8 is too small to be anything better than a close up fill in flash.

I use a Yongnuo YN560IV plus a YN560TX
The TC unit allows control of the flash when it is off camera.
Here's a sample of off camera flash

Innocence by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my x30 not even a week and I think I may be converted to Fuji. It's an absolute pleasure to use and whilst I purchased it to use as an alternative to my D7100, I think I may have already convinced myself that I'd love an X-T1. The wife will not be happy [emoji1]

Back