The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm not even in the bad books! Best decision ever :)

The 18-55 "kit" lens is a fantastic lens, I've also got the 16-55 F2.8 and 99% of the time I can't see any difference between the two.

I have a number of items "for sale" it's just that nobody wants them [emoji2]

Still getting to grips with my X-T1, it's very different from my 6D/7D

Sooo - if you're not in the bad books yet, why not have another stab at getting in them by buying a lovely half-case for it? I happen to know just the thing ...
You're a bad influence, Stephen! I think I'll try stay out of them for now though and our wedding anniversary is next week.

Me: "Happy anniversary, honey!"
Wife: "oooh, what is it?!"
Me: "a surprise!" (The surprise being that it's a camera case and I end up on the sofa for a week [emoji23] )

Once again you are being defeatist. Wedding anniversaries are the perfect time to get new gear. Takes a bit of work on your part. Book a table somewhere smart. Tell missus for a few days before how much she and the anniversary means to you. Go and enjoy the night - all of it.
The following morning check that she really enjoyed herself. Then, that evening when you are snuggling close on the settee just mention that the perfect case to protect your new camera is up for sale at a rock bottom price.

You youngsters have a lot to learn.

Once again you are being defeatist. Wedding anniversaries are the perfect time to get new gear. Takes a bit of work on your part. Book a table somewhere smart. Tell missus for a few days before how much she and the anniversary means to you. Go and enjoy the night - all of it.
The following morning check that she really enjoyed herself. Then, that evening when you are snuggling close on the settee just mention that the perfect case to protect your new camera is up for sale at a rock bottom price.

You youngsters have a lot to learn.
I've learned that in the above, work = cash. I now have zero to spare which will be an issue in itself come next Wednesday [emoji1]

The 18-55 "kit" lens is a fantastic lens, I've also got the 16-55 F2.8 and 99% of the time I can't see any difference between the two.
I had a little play with it last night (the camera that is) and I'm highly impressed with the build quality and lens actually.

Was gutted to begin with as my initial shot was a very slow shutter speed and blurry as hell even with stabilisation on....turns out ISO was set to 200 [emoji51]

Quick change to auto iso set to max 1600 and all was well. Didn't seem noisy on the EVF either, or would it only really be present on a larger screen?

Here's my compulsory Bluebells shot for this year.:)
I know there's several breeds of Bluebell, not sure which one this is.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens, 1/125th @ F16, ISO-200, Flash.
Bluebells (1)-02906 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty:for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

I had a little play with it last night (the camera that is) and I'm highly impressed with the build quality and lens actually.

Was gutted to begin with as my initial shot was a very slow shutter speed and blurry as hell even with stabilisation on....turns out ISO was set to 200 [emoji51]

Quick change to auto iso set to max 1600 and all was well. Didn't seem noisy on the EVF either, or would it only really be present on a larger screen?
The Fuji way of doing things takes a bit of getting used to. I've 3 auto iso profiles set up but I still get caught out.

Noise increases with magnification. So on the EVF it would look cleaner.

The term "kit lens" is usually viewed as somewhat derogatory. The 18.55 is an exception to that rule being a very good lens indeed.

The term "kit lens" is usually viewed as somewhat derogatory. The 18.55 is an exception to that rule being a very good lens indeed.
Exactly the reason I went for that lens. Plenty of examples of good shots using this lens.

that's why I put quotes around the word kit, it's far from a kit lens IMO

Here's my compulsory Bluebells shot for this year.:)
I know there's several breeds of Bluebell, not sure which one this is.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens, 1/125th @ F16, ISO-200, Flash.
Bluebells (1)-02906 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty:for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

Perfectly executed George, works really well on the black background. [emoji106][emoji106]

Perfectly executed George, works really well on the black background. [emoji106][emoji106]

Many thanks Gregg, really appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

I'm off to Barcelona in a week

S**t !!!,:( shame your not there this weekend Frank, we could have met up as I'll be there for a couple of nights working at the F1.(y)

George.

"Mercure Augusta Hotel", never been there before. Apparently it's quite nice and only spitting distance from the race circuit.

You must be way up to the north/north east of the place. We are just about central. Next time make sure you get the right weekend for the race. Tell Bernie to check with me first!

Not a very scientific test but I took the 2 images below the other day. Both JPG, straight out of camera, no sharpening etc just cropped & resized.

Canon set up was my 6D & 24-105 f4, Fuji was the X-T1 & 18-55 f4.

Fuji:
Fuji by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Canon:
Canon by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I honestly can't see that much in it, but the DoF is a bit better on the FF 6D (as you would expect).

Like I said, not that scientific, just an interesting test...

Back