The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Those are stunning so sooc JPEG all of them?
First and last I only brightened the wee fella's face a touch (last was cropped to 16:9). Third was SOOC and the B&W has had the levels adjusted only slightly.

The high saturation is courtesy of Fuji's Velvia simulation :)

Last edited:
I love what classic chrome does to blues, makes skies look awesome.
Not a fan of velvia in general, it's a little too muh for my taste. In certain situations it's good though.
Pro-neg or mono-g for portraits all the way!

Its horses for courses, velvia is great for landscapes and shots were the colours are a bit insipid. Classic chrome is my favourite, but I think provia is a great all rounder. I prefer to convert to mono post. I'm getting really pee'd off with Lightroom, I upgraded to LR6 to be able to edit my X pro 2 .raf files but it's so slow, beyond a joke. Took nearly 5 minutes today to import a half dozen macro shots. I'm hearing great things about capture 1 but it's 200 odd euro ! I do wish Apple hadn't abandoned Aperture.

I'm still to have a play with all the simulations but have been mainly switching between Provia and Velvia. I consciously left it in Velvia today to see how they came out but sometimes they are just too much colour wise.

Was so excited all day, then had a rant at Amazon to vent just now. Probably irrationally so, given I've been using my D750 today and it's quite lightweight with the nifty fifty on it!

Aye they have, not made me any happier though :p It was bloody Amazon logistics, and Amazon can't tell me where the parcel is!

I'm still to have a play with all the simulations but have been mainly switching between Provia and Velvia. I consciously left it in Velvia today to see how they came out but sometimes they are just too much colour wise.
If its the same as the X-T! you can change the simulations in camera after you've shot, but only in raw.

If you are happy with the Jpegs then you can always shoot in simulation bracket mode. You could have one as your custom and the other two as standard film simulations.
This is a feature that's overlooked/ missed by lots of people which Is actually quite handy.

If its the same as the X-T! you can change the simulations in camera after you've shot, but only in raw.
Cheers, Jim. I knew I could do this in Lightroom but not in camera.
If you are happy with the Jpegs then you can always shoot in simulation bracket mode. You could have one as your custom and the other two as standard film simulations.
This is a feature that's overlooked/ missed by lots of people which Is actually quite handy.
That's a pretty cool feature. Will look into it. Thanks. :)

Which of the 2 kit lens people suggest pls? If seen a few used lens around

Most reckon the 18-55 as the best balance between price and IQ.

Go and use google as well. You never know you might find something out!

Most reckon the 18-55 as the best balance between price and IQ.

Go and use google as well. You never know you might find something out!
Was asking user comments on here.

Already googled

And which way were you leaning as a result of that?

Give us your thoughts not just your questions ;)
Added to ignore list [emoji106]

Once again Andrew it's all down to what you need from the lens. Do you need longer than 55mm/? if so the 18-135 is the lens for you. Do you need weather sealing? if so the 18-135 is the lens for you. If no to both then the 18-55 is the lens for you.

No amount of strangers opinions will change those facts.

I really though both was weather sealed

+1 on the 18-135 it's a quality lens (as are all the Fuji) it's a sizeable lens but it covers 90% of my needs for a travel kit.

Its horses for courses, velvia is great for landscapes and shots were the colours are a bit insipid. Classic chrome is my favourite, but I think provia is a great all rounder. I prefer to convert to mono post. I'm getting really pee'd off with Lightroom, I upgraded to LR6 to be able to edit my X pro 2 .raf files but it's so slow, beyond a joke. Took nearly 5 minutes today to import a half dozen macro shots. I'm hearing great things about capture 1 but it's 200 odd euro ! I do wish Apple hadn't abandoned Aperture.
Jim you can go the subscription route now with C1Pro. 12 euros a month I think.

Really ? I might go this route then, is there a minimum length of contract I wonder. I'll look more into it when I get home.

I didn't realise that was an option either, thanks for that.

Just had a quick look and VAT is added to the 12 euros, which makes it 14.40 euros a month. Minimum sub is 12months for 2 computers.
Alternatively i've found a discount code for outright purchase to use on 3 computers which makes it 301.20 euros, incl.vat (equal to 21 months sub)

Might give the free trial a go again and see how I get on with it.

Added to ignore list [emoji106]

Andrew, rather than putting people on ignore, how about actually engaging with them. You seem to be asking endless questions but contributing nothing in return so it's no wonder that some are getting frustrated and losing patience with you. Try explaining why you are asking the questions and what you hope to gain from the answers.

Which of the 2 kit lens people suggest pls? If seen a few used lens around

18-55 and 18-135 are both great lenses and the 16-50 isnt a bad lens either. Not sure what body you are looking at but XT1 with the 18-55 and 18-135 are fine, but if you are looking at the XT10 you may need a grip. I had the XT10 with the 18-55 and found the lens to heavy, I now have the XT1 and 18-135 and its a great combo.

18-55 and 18-135 are both great lenses and the 16-50 isnt a bad lens either. Not sure what body you are looking at but XT1 with the 18-55 and 18-135 are fine, but if you are looking at the XT10 you may need a grip. I had the XT10 with the 18-55 and found the lens to heavy, I now have the XT1 and 18-135 and its a great combo.
Interesting as I have the X-T10 with 18-55 and find it okay (I've fairly large hands too).

Only thing I am desperate to get on it is a wrist strap as I'm terrified of dropping it!

Interesting as I have the X-T10 with 18-55 and find it okay (I've fairly large hands too).

Only thing I am desperate to get on it is a wrist strap as I'm terrified of dropping it!
Peak design cuff is excellent

Back