The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The only extra that would interest me in more MP so the extra in cost wouldn't really be worth it that if it £1500

Bloody hell.

Got all my Nikon packed up then Mrs said are you not best waiting for XT2bit daft getting XT1 when you know you upgrade in a few month time :s

Does she have a crystal ball for the release date?? :D

Personally I reckon we will see an official announcement somewhere between July and Sept and initial stocks hitting the shelves two months after that, but it won't be cheap at launch (it could easily be November before it starts hitting the shelves)

You could buy a stopgap X-E2 s/h now, and build up your Fuji glass. The X-E2 with the latest firmware will do most of an X-T1 in terms of functionality, and the IQ is the same. I reckon you'd only loose around £100 max on an X-E2 is you kept it 6 months -1 year

Does she have a crystal ball for the release date?? :D

Personally I reckon we will see an official announcement somewhere between July and Sept and initial stocks hitting the shelves two months after that, but it won't be cheap at launch (it could easily be November before it starts hitting the shelves)

You could buy a stopgap X-E2 s/h now, and build up your Fuji glass. The X-E2 with the latest firmware will do most of an X-T1 in terms of functionality, and the IQ is the same. I reckon you'd only loose around £100 max on an X-E2 is you kept it 6 months -1 year
Not a bad idea that tbh if you do want an X-T2 or even an X-T1.

Rather a XT1 over the XE2 as prefer the style as feel more like a DSLR

Btw the only crystal ball she got is mine [emoji3]

Surprised your missus hasn't chucked you out yet seeing your parade of different camera systems going through the house on a regular basis lol

The only extra that would interest me in more MP so the extra in cost wouldn't really be worth it that if it £1500

IIRC the XT1 body was under a £1000 on release and I bought one from the Refurb shop for £938 with 18-55mm a few months after release and a new one from Panamoz with kit lens, for just over a £1000 a few weeks later, as the Refurb one had the spongy buttons.

I would be surprised if the XT2 would be £1500 as It was always said that the XP was the top of the line in Fuji, again IIRC.

With the current cashback, the XT1 with the lenses isn't such a bad price especially for the lenses you may go for.

Last edited:
Buy the damn thing. You're always going to lose on gear. Why get a camera that's cheaper that you don't want. Best way to do it is to buy used if you're worried about depreciation. The hundred quid you may lose is nothing compared to what you'd lose on a xt2.

Last edited:
IIRC the XT1 body was under a £1000 on release and I bought one from the Refurb shop for £938 with 18-55mm a few months after release and a new one from Panamoz with kit lens for just over a £1000 a few weeks later as the Refurb one had the spongy buttons.

I would be surprised if the XT2 would be £1500 as It was always said that the XP was the top of the line in Fuji, again IIRC.

With the current cashback, the XT1 with the lenses isn't such a bad price especially for the lenses you may go for.

You're close X-T1 was £1,049 body only on release

Surprised your missus hasn't chucked you out yet seeing your parade of different camera systems going through the house on a regular basis lol
She can't with the amount of shoes and bags she brings in lol

Went to Barnes WWT today, left the "big" gear at home and took the X-T1. Met a chap with the 100-400 with 1.4EX and I have to say I was impressed with what he was shooting.

Anyway. one from today... I have a thing about Cow Parsley for some reason...

Attachments

• DSCF0116.jpg
    DSCF0116.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 24
Last week in Hastings Nigel (shutterman) showed me his new purchase- a Helios 44-m 58mm F/2 Russian lens. I fell in love with its output from shots Nigel showed me, so I had to buy one and an adaptor- total cost £45. Here's one from today

Where'd you buy from mate? Quite fancy something like this for my X-T10 :)

Yes I've been using nik software for a few years even before Google bough it

Back