The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

All this talk of electronic shutters, I've realised that my X-T1 doesn't have it in the menu. I've only had it a couple of weeks so assumed it had the latest firmware. Do I just need todo an upgrade ?

Wandering around Islington, this bookseller had a great face.
Trying to engage with people rather than taking a candid, so I chatted to him and he
was happy to have his pic taken.

That's a very nice street/portrait style shot Sean, nice pose & expression and a good mono conversion.(y)

George.

All this talk of electronic shutters, I've realised that my X-T1 doesn't have it in the menu. I've only had it a couple of weeks so assumed it had the latest firmware. Do I just need todo an upgrade ?

Just update to the latest firmware Steve, and it'll be there together with several other very useful bits.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I'm new to here (but not to photography, although it's many years since I owned Fuji cameras (albeit 35mm) ... a ST801 and ST901 IIRC). I'm quite taken by the X-Series stuff ... in particular the T1 and Pro2 bodies and the highly regarded lenses. So I may take a punt on one of those and a prime for landscapes. I'll lurk and learn for now (y). Nice community on here by-the-way .

I'm new to here (but not to photography, although it's many years since I owned Fuji cameras (albeit 35mm) ... a ST801 and ST901 IIRC). I'm quite taken by the X-Series stuff ... in particular the T1 and Pro2 bodies and the highly regarded lenses. So I may take a punt on one of those and a prime for landscapes. I'll lurk and learn for now (y). Nice community on here by-the-way .
Welcome, I have an X-T1 on sale in the classifieds. ;)

If the firmware is that old, you're in for a very pleasant surprise.

Your XT1 will be transformed.

Check your fw by holding the disp/back button while turning the camera on.

Well I couldn't make it on time to get my hand on one today got stuck in bloody traffic on m60.

Going for a xt1 with a 18-135 lens as that be a good walk about and I won't need bother getting a 50-140 lens then as it would only be for odd zoo visits

Prime I been stuck in deciding was thinking 35mm but I believe it slow AF compare to other primes? On the d750 I love the 50mm

Well I couldn't make it on time to get my hand on one today got stuck in bloody traffic on m60.

Going for a xt1 with a 18-135 lens as that be a good walk about and I won't need bother getting a 50-140 lens then as it would only be for odd zoo visits

Prime I been stuck in deciding was thinking 35mm but I believe it slow AF compare to other primes? On the d750 I love the 50mm

50-140 will be great for portraits as well though..

The 35mm isn't particularly slow af, it's a lovely lens, produces really nice images, hard to pinpoint what it is. It is a noisy rattly lens though.

The 35mm isn't particularly slow af, it's a lovely lens, produces really nice images, hard to pinpoint what it is. It is a noisy rattly lens though.

Yeah read it noisy too is it the only one that noisy. It the 1.4 we talking of or 2

3 days in the Lake District and took a grand total of 7 photos! :wideyed:

This is the only one I'm remotely happy with.

View attachment 64961

The only other thing I got was wet! :rolleyes:

I've just spent a week in Cornwall and decided that rather then miss out, I'd shoot in the rain and convert to mono for a moody (/soggy) look ;)

Well macro is best in manual anyway. Where did you get it from pls

A little challenge
Chris and Jeny on the Moon
How?

p1959014714-5.jpg

Last edited:
So it primes I need decide on. Though about the 60mm macro for Macro and portrait is it fast and quiet not like the 35mm

The 35 1.4 was a bit slow and did hunt and rattle a bit in low light. The new 35 f2 is fast and smaller as well as being WR so perfect for an XT1. If you want something even more compact then the 27mm pancake is quite sharp but you don't get the same bokeh as you do on the 35.

So it primes I need decide on. Though about the 60mm macro for Macro and portrait is it fast and quiet not like the 35mm

Generally speaking, if you see the word "macro" expect a more leisurely focusing experience :D

Oh good I just though these Fuji lens were suppose be good.

Like currently every Nikon lens I've got are very quick at focus and silent.

If the firmware is that old, you're in for a very pleasant surprise.

Your XT1 will be transformed.

Version 1. Something. It's now been upgraded and the menus seen to have grown !! [emoji15]

Oh good I just though these Fuji lens were suppose be good.

Like currently every Nikon lens I've got are very quick at focus and silent.
There are many other aspects which make a lens "good" than simply focus speed. In fact, for my shooting, it's the last characteristic I look for.

Back