The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

From memory (I'm at work and the filters at home) its a Hoya Pro 1 / 52mm
Ah okay. You must be using a step up ring then?

Be interested to know which as the X30 has a somewhat odd lens dia. For filter sizes etc.

One from my holidays. A little bit of HDR just to get some texture back in the rocks, and I had to do a bit of work to reduce the lens flare, which was much more of a problem than I noticed at the time. Still, it's a great spot. And a good one for meeting fellow togs!

Just another Godrevy sunset by David Hallett, on Flickr
Love that Dave from the sky to the water splashing against the rocks.

Anyone ever done a wet clean of an X-T1 sensor?
I've tried the usual blowing and sticky pad routine but spots remain. Think it's time for a wet clean so anyone any experience of doing it and if so what did you use?

Anyone ever done a wet clean of an X-T1 sensor?
I've tried the usual blowing and sticky pad routine but spots remain. Think it's time for a wet clean so anyone any experience of doing it and if so what did you use?

Its not camera specific, a wet clean on any sensor is a wet clean, although some IBIS manufacturers recommend you send it in.

Its really easy, get some swabs and the correct fluid, put a couple drops on the swab (not loads!!), swipe horizontally. Check at small aperture, if okay, then okay, if not, repeat.

http://www.cameraclean.co.uk/Sensor_Swab_Specs.php

Thanks. That chart is useful. I did it once a long time ago at a demo, so never saw the resuts in action. Seemed easy at the time, but on someone else's camera it would be! Swipe across then back I think we did. All I need is some cojones!

Thanks. That chart is useful. I did it once a long time ago at a demo, so never saw the resuts in action. Seemed easy at the time, but on someone else's camera it would be! Swipe across then back I think we did. All I need is some cojones!

You'll be fine. Just do it.

Swabs and fluid ordered.
The tension builds. Will he pull it off or not?
(Were back on Roy Hodgson now!)

Ah okay. You must be using a step up ring then?

Be interested to know which as the X30 has a somewhat odd lens dia. For filter sizes etc.

Home now and can confirm;

X30 with SRB 40-49mm / 49-52mm step up ring / Hoya CIR-PL 52mm slim frame filter. The step up arrangement provides a mini hood and front element protection yet still fits in the Fuji case.

So after being told a replacement grip was coming, I received a message saying they couldn't source another so would offer a refund, no need to send back the wrong one.
This time got a "neewer" one from Amazon, fits the xt10 like a glove. :)

I am now left with one. It has x-t10 etched on the front but is clearly wrong. I'll eventually take some photos + measurements and if it turns out to be x-t1 sized, i'l let someone take it for price of postage.

Is it a fairly time consuming process then, Stephen?
Well, it's easy enough but as there's a different file for each lens or body and they keep the same file number for each item, ie every update for say the X-T1 will have the same name you have to make sure you delete the old version from your computer before you download the new one. Then reformat the memory card after each use. Just a matter of doing it in a disciplined manner. Of course, that's common sense for us doddery pensioners ....

Just had a look and its four bodies and five lenses for me to do, admittedly that includes my daughters gear as well.

Another retiree here, not so doddery though, left three years ago when I was 54 so will probably do them in a haphazard fashion. Or maybe go out and forget about it altogether, might be best in case it all goes awry like the one but last xt1 update

Last edited:
Cracking set! Nice frame within a frame on the first - i'd be tempted to tone down the vegetation a bit to try and get some balance.
The second one blows my mind. To get that close to a heron is amazing, is it much of a crop?
Third is best for me, great mono shot. Nice textures in the veg and a nice balance with the foreground. :)

Thanks [emoji106]

Agreed about the first one, does look very saturated.

The Heron is cropped, I was about 5m away - I think I was Dr Doolittle today - a tame Heron, then came across a squirrel that came to my hand when I made a 'pet' noise, and then a rabbit that I thought was half dead as I went right up to it, it was in the full sun so I thought I'd pick it up and put it under a bush so it's death was a little less miserable, as I picked it up it shot off in fine health, must have been sunbathing [emoji38]

Back