The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That's really very good. How d'you find the 18-55 with the extension tube/s? Which length of tube was used for this if you don't mind me asking? :)

It was just an 11mm tube. I've had tubes in the past but none with electronic contacts, so this was comparatively easy. :)
The 18-55 is better than the 55-200 with tubes. At the wider end the working distances is in millimetres so between 35-50 is the sweet spot. I find that as with normal photography, 35mm is a great focal length. :)

Thanks for that. I've only tried the 27mm so far and it's so shallow I found it pretty difficult to work with. Will maybe try again with the 18-55.

Very nice shot Dave, great composition, well exposed, with a very nice but menacing looking sky.(y)

George.
Cheers George! It was just starting to spit a bit at times, but I stuck it out until the light fell and got away with it... Nice feeling when you think of a shot and for once it actually turns out roughly as planned :D

Just got back from a week in the Swiss Alps, surprisingly decent weather compared with the forecast, and the X-T10 got quite a workout as you might expect.:) I've only looked at the first day's worth so far, but here's one from the very end of it. Managed to remove some electrical cables by taking two pictures at different heights and making use of the parallax effect relative to the background, something that made me very happy when I finally thought of it :D

Lauterbrunnen at dusk by David Hallett, on Flickr

Really like this Dave, a fantastic view and a place my wife and I are considering for a holiday in the next couple of years.

Andy

Fuji friends.

I have a few weddings this month, one client particularly stated they will want to print one photo on a canvas of approx 80cm long.

Any of you print from your xt1 onto canvas and if so how large have you printed and been happy with the quality?

Would appreciate comments from anyone with experience with this. Not interested in charts/guidelines etc, just real world experiences. I have printed to a metre long from a 24mp camera and found that to be fine.

I do have an a7rii that would handle the job easily, however I have been considering leaving that at home or at someone else's..

Thanks in advance.

Fuji friends.

I have a few weddings this month, one client particularly stated they will want to print one photo on a canvas of approx 80cm long.

Any of you print from your xt1 onto canvas and if so how large have you printed and been happy with the quality?

Would appreciate comments from anyone with experience with this. Not interested in charts/guidelines etc, just real world experiences. I have printed to a metre long from a 24mp camera and found that to be fine.

I do have an a7rii that would handle the job easily, however I have been considering leaving that at home or at someone else's..

Thanks in advance.

Canvas texture completely kills any fine detail anyway, you can print massive on canvas with anything almost. 80cm isn't that big anyway, an XT1 is plenty capable of that as a proper print.

An iPhone could print onto that size canvas without any compromise. In fact, you might be better off with the greater dof of the xt-1 than the a7rii as canvas bokeh = puke.

You must have the patience of a saint and the dexterity of a dextrous thing for that!

You'd think so wouldn't you - in actual fact I used the dremel on this one and just went at it! :LOL:

I have in the past built a 2mm scale wagon with working brakes, at a shade over an inch long THAT took some patience and dexterity, it nearly took my sanity too, so I moved back up to 4mm scale and non working brakes!

DSXT1700.jpg DSXT1702.jpg

Some more wagons from my workbench, same wagon, different lighting! The 60mm Macro is too good for this sort of thing, it shows up all the imperfections!

Played with the "Pano" feature today while on the Llanberis Pass in Snowdonia...

DSCF0415_sml by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Straight out of camera, just resized...
Nice. I often struggle with the pano feature, it leaves stitching artifacts more often than not despite what I think is pretty good technique. Never had a problem with the x30, even in less than ideal conditions. Maybe I just got a duff x-t10...

OK serious business guys, the X-T2 is announced tomorrow. Am thinking we should discuss it here, so as not to lose the community spirit built up, or am I just being a bit pathetic and sad? :D

Perhaps just rename the thread X-tx or similar?

So when do we think it will be released?
How much will it cost?
And who will pre order?

I'm thinking £1,359 and I may get suckered into a pre order.

Perhaps just rename the thread X-tx or similar?

So when do we think it will be released?
How much will it cost?
And who will pre order?

I'm thinking £1,359 and I may get suckered into a pre order.

I don't care, I'm definitely not getting one! Which is exactly what I said when the X-T1 came out :D

Just add XT2 to the title.

I'm going to pass for a while as the XT1 does everything I need and I only do photography as a hobby. I've tried to concentrate on lenses recently .

I think it will be around £1200

Reactions: Nod
X-T2 is rumoured to have a battery indicator that shows as a percentage, about time, wonder if it's accurate?

Yikes ! £1399 for XT-2, £299 for battery grip and £449 for the new flash !!!

Not really that interested, more than happy with the X-T1 and even more so with a recently purchased X-E2

To be honest the price is what I expected, same as the XP-2 but £449 for a flash gun ?? Can't be serious. For me the only benefit is the new sensor, higher iso, I don't shoot video so 4K doesn;t matter to me. I'm loving my XP2.

Price is pretty much as expected. £100 off the grip with a pre order might be worth while (will it take current batteries?).

The price of the flash is a bit eye watering though.

Amazon price for XT1 on release was £1049, guess my old XT1 will still take pictures

amazon.png

Reactions: Nod
Looks good, grip seems a bit much on its own (even something like a D810 grip isn't £300), could be worth a pre-order though although tilty screen aside I'm possibly more tempted by a second XP2 at this point...

Does the XT2 have dual card slots anyone know?

Yep

(will it take current batteries?).
Yes.

I'm more worried about the file format and if LR/PS will recognise it. Will Windows show the thumbnails?

Due out early September so price may well have dropped by January. Tempting especially if A/F is as good as they claim.

Back