The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

will you be listing the GS T1?
I'm almost 75% certain, I love it, but it's not getting used. I got it out last night and once I saw it in all its graphitey blinged glory I had second thoughts o_O I'll think on it next couple of days. I've 9 cameras and only ever use 2 of them.

Couple from my trip to Wales...

Slate by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

River by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I was carrying my 7D2 & 150-600 around today to get 3 or 4 shots of birds I've already got..... I do sometimes wonder why......

Nicely done :)

I'm actually considering flogging my Canon 300/4L and buying a 1.4x TC for my Fuji 55-200. I love the Canon gear but can't be bothered to log it about anymore :(

Anyone here tried the 55-200 with the TC?

Nicely done :)

I'm actually considering flogging my Canon 300/4L and buying a 1.4x TC for my Fuji 55-200. I love the Canon gear but can't be bothered to log it about anymore :(

Anyone here tried the 55-200 with the TC?

The TC won't work on the 55-200. It's only for the 50-140 or 100-400

One from lunch the other day.

18-135 lens on XT1.

Working the lock by Terence Rees, on Flickr

I was in Barcelona last week, I brought my new 16-55mm, my 10-24mm and my 35mm F2, as it was so warm I generally only brought my camera and one lens, a lot of the time I saw interesting shots but I usually had not enough reach or not enough width, it made me realise what a fantastic travel lens the 18-135mm is. I was thinking of selling it when I bought the 16-55mm, I sold my 18-55mm instead ( I now wish I hadn't ) I'm definitely keeping it, its a very versatile lens.

Anyone tried or is using Hasselblad's Phocus raw photo editor ? I downloaded and installed it last night, I plan to try it this weekend. Seems pretty good for free software.

It doesn't support the new Fuji sensor as yet though. Works ok with my XT1 raf files.

The X-T2 looks pretty interesting. I don't know if I'm underwhelmed or not by it though. For video, it looks like it will be great. I do like what they are doing with the viewfinder too. Prices for the XT1 have dropped quite a bit over the last month or so, would be interesting to see what they do now. If I had an X-T1 or even my X-T10 still, I'm not sure what this would give me (ok - the viewfinders ace and delivers but aside from that...), that I actually need, for the price point, which seems quite high. For some reason I thought it would have been cheaper than the XP2.

Be good to hear some thoughts from you guys if you get one.

very tempted. Think I'm going im going to move a few bits on this weekend and pull the trigger on gs X-t1

Great, I'll wait until you buy one. Next week they'll be £100 cheaper:p

That's what's stopped me from splashing out anyway, I'll let somebody else take the hit for a change :whistle:

Great, I'll wait until you buy one. Next week they'll be £100 cheaper:p

That's what's stopped me from splashing out anyway, I'll let somebody else take the hit for a change :whistle:

I plan on getting the batter grip so the £100 off for the pre order is tempting. Plus I'm going away in September too so would be nice to try out the boost mode for something surfing shots

I plan on getting the batter grip so the £100 off for the pre order is tempting. Plus I'm going away in September too so would be nice to try out the boost mode for something surfing shots

Live for today, it's only money. You'll get more of it next week :D

I'm tempted to sell my xp1 bodies and go for one. I just know I'll miss them though. I've got 5 bodies at present, if my wife sees another I'm a dead man! I've thought about buying it for her :sneaky:

Anybody hit the order button for a Fuji X-T2 yet. The X-T1 has been an outstanding camera.

I've made a pre-order for the Grip and XT2 at WEX to get on the list, love the X-Pro 2 and would really like two bodies, having seen what the XP2 can do I'm solidly convinced the XT2 is going to be an outstanding bit of kit.

Live for today, it's only money. You'll get more of it next week :D

I'm tempted to sell my xp1 bodies and go for one. I just know I'll miss them though. I've got 5 bodies at present, if my wife sees another I'm a dead man! I've thought about buying it for her :sneaky:

On many occasions I've suggested that my wife should really get into photography. Even offered to buy her the camera and some lenses. Test them for her etc.

I get the, "why do you need more than one?"....how the hell do you guys get away with having like 5x bodies? [emoji1]

I run 4 bodies (if you count an X100 as a body, they all have different uses!)
  • X100
  • X-E1 IR Converted
  • X-E2
  • X-T1
When I bought the X- T1, I sold the X-E1

When I buy an X-T2 I'll sell the X-E2

On serious shooting days, I usually take two bodies (sometimes 3!!), as it enables several things:-

1) It's a backup, if one body fails, the day's not wasted, I still carry on shooting, though I'll be a bit peeved
2) Less lens swapping
3) While doing long exposures or waiting for a particular picture, camera set up on tripod, I can carry on shooting with the other body.

It just adds to the options, and my investment in bodies is considerably less than my investment in glass!

I got away with a second XF1 to match my car's upholstery!

I've got 5 bodies because I've been gifted an xp1 and xt10, my wife's unwanted gear. It's nice not swapping a lens every other.

Back