The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm having a problem registering for the cashback. It keeps telling me that I'm outside the date range (using todays date) but the offer is open to the end of the month....

Another small thing I forgot.....the remote socket is a different shape so if you use a micro USB connector at present you'll need to get a new one which are probably only available from Fuji at present. Those with 2.5mm jack connectors will be OK.

Bugger, I have the USB fitting one as I was sick of 2.5mm ones not actually working. I think I've used it a total of twice though in what, 2.5 years? so maybe I can live without!

Had a poke about the Lion Salt works museum in Northwich yesterday, I was over there getting the car seen to and would have been rude not to investigate the industrial heritage of the area. I will return when the light is more interesting and the kids have gone back to school and I can actually take my time and set up some interesting shots. I was up at the crack of dawn to get some shots of the Anderton boat lift - doesn't open till 9.30 though does it!

This is across the canal, where the former Adelaide works collapsed.

Adelaide Flash by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Had a poke about the Lion Salt works museum in Northwich yesterday, I was over there getting the car seen to and would have been rude not to investigate the industrial heritage of the area. I will return when the light is more interesting and the kids have gone back to school and I can actually take my time and set up some interesting shots. I was up at the crack of dawn to get some shots of the Anderton boat lift - doesn't open till 9.30 though does it!

Careful. That is the back garden of our dear own @Mr Perceptive. He is fiercely jealous of it. He won't even take me round there. You did well to get out in one piece.

Well thanks to picking up Peter's D810... I've cancelled my XT2 pre-order for now.. going to slim down the fuji glass to keep a few primes with the X-Pro 2 and use the Nikon for more organised shooting when I'm out landscaping with the tripod/filters, etc where the size doesn't really matter.

Well thanks to picking up Peter's D810... I've cancelled my XT2 pre-order for now.. going to slim down the fuji glass to keep a few primes with the X-Pro 2 and use the Nikon for more organised shooting when I'm out landscaping with the tripod/filters, etc where the size doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't sell the Fuji glass yet, you'll want it back after a couple of months of lugging that DSLR around ;) :D

Yes it's really annoying that you can't get near the Anderton boat lift either early in the morning or late at night. Restricted views from public paths. Next time you're in this neck of the woods, give me a shout, I'm only just down the road, and unlike what @mickledore implies, I'm not into guarding my territory!!!

From the towpath bridge:-

160328 AndertonBoat Lift sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

I like that shot Alan, well composed, pleasant sky, and a good mono conversion.(y)

George.

Yes it's really annoying that you can't get near the Anderton boat lift either early in the morning or late at night. Restricted views from public paths. Next time you're in this neck of the woods, give me a shout, I'm only just down the road, and unlike what @mickledore implies, I'm not into guarding my territory!!!

From the towpath bridge:-

160328 AndertonBoat Lift sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

That's nice David, well suited to mono with a good conversion and a great full range of tones.(y)

George.

Gorgeous sunset last night. Unfortunately I didn't do it full justice. This is a multishot pano and should continue to the right but I missed a shot and there is a big gap. On top of that the strong winds were wobbling the tripod so it isn't as sharp as it might be.

Sky-105-Pano-Edit.jpg by Ian, on Flickr

Very nice image Ian, In my book it doesn't need to be wider with more images to the pano as the composition is good as it is, great sky, with well controlled exposure, and some nice receding plains.(y)

George.

OK, this time I went SOOC JPG via wireless from the camera into VSCO and up to Flickr via a preset. Original shot is a bit of a mess as I had the camera on ISO 3200 :eek:

With bunny, as normal.

That is a gorgeous shot!
Can I ask, is the desaturated colours a result of editing in VSCO or is this one of the film simulation presets? Either way I really like it. For 3200 ISO I would say the camera has coped very well.

wOOw I'm loving the talents above photography wise, too many AMAZING images to comment on, very inspirational from these talented X shooters. I'm hoping to join you all v.soon and trouble you with my X images.

Cheers;
Peter

OK, this time I went SOOC JPG via wireless from the camera into VSCO and up to Flickr via a preset. Original shot is a bit of a mess as I had the camera on ISO 3200 :eek:

With bunny, as normal.

Lovely shot Mr G, really nice expression, with some well suited soft tones.(y)

George.

Back