The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I tried two 35mm F1.4's. Both were poor wide open but good at F2. The 23mm however was awesome at 1.4.
Yes! @minnnt is back. Given up on the idea of a fancy Neyecon or sticking with the D750?
Coming back to the Fooj?
Or are you just a lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl,
Going over the same old ground, year after year.
Wish you were here.

(Work that one out!)

Yes! @minnnt is back. Given up on the idea of a fancy Neyecon or sticking with the D750?
Coming back to the Fooj?
Or are you just a lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl,
Going over the same old ground, year after year.
Wish you were here.

(Work that one out!)

I reckon you've been eating the mushrooms as well as photographing them......

Err no, despite arriving late at the scene (due to being a youngster), I had all the Floyd albums up to The Final Cut. Anyway Led Zep is where it is at :exit:

Who needs all this arty farty stuff when you can have Sabbath (do have a liking for Wishbone Ash too)

Last edited:
Must be the day for them - 23mm f1.4 vs F2, oddly the AF noise is compared again at six minutes!

Note issues wide open but only when focusing very close at f2 - but fine at f4.

Last edited:
Must be the day for them - 23mm f1.4 vs F2, oddly the AF noise is compared again at six minutes!

Note issues wide open but only when focusing very close at f2 - but fine at f4.

Ok, now I feel better about the 23/2. Thanks for posting.

No probs - its all research in rounding off my collection.

My little shortlist seems to be getting firmer now.

100-400
23/2

Maybe Samyang 12mm.

Just need to move the 70-200 and XT1 (preferably on eBay presuming I'm not ripped off!) and that will cover a second hand 100-400 should another come up.

That's how it starts.

I see @minnnt is trying to swap his D750 in classifieds with a DF. Strange isn't it that when the Nikon DF was announced they said it was a "Wannabe Fuji-XT-1".:whistle::)

Quote :- "The Fuji X-T1 is everything the Nikon DF should have been":D

George.

Yes, everything apart from sensor size and image quality... :rolleyes:

Had a fondle of the Df a couple of times and it just feels odd to me. More like a Pentax 6x7 than a Nikon F.

Well that was interesting - I just took my kids to their first rugby session and for the first time in my life filled the memory cards!

That fast AF is insane, thankfully I can ditch a load, not on missed focus (there were a couple but all down to me as best as I can tell) but simply because at 14fps there are just so many of them, no longer is it about that just missed moment, but more choosing which if the very similar ones I want.

Top marks to Fuji for this, I'm just glad I'm ditching so many as I'd need much more storage, as it stands I'm going to do a cull on my old photos.

Oh and the batteries weren't too badly hit either.

Last edited:
Finally got to use my 23mm F2 while walking the dog today, nothing of note just some random snapshots. Looks fine to me, no CA's I could see, or softness. I shot most at 1/60 sec, not by choice i had that speed set on the auto iso setting, keep meaning to change it. Anyway I had a lot of soft shots, but due to camera shake caused by the low shutter speed and the dog pulling on the lead. I'm happy enough with this little lens thus far. I took a couple of close shots and they are a little soft at F2 but nowhere near as bad as my X100T at F2.

DSCF0136 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0222 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0456 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0468 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0486 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0257 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0213 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

Now I've posted those pics, they do look a little soft :eek: I do think it's the low shutter speed, it was a horrible overcast morning, typically the sun's out now !

I'm thinking of buying an X-Pro2 but need to re-align some of my kit to do it, so SWMBO says. Problem is my XT1 needs to go back to Fujifilm for the grip and bent door to be replaced, which is going to cost around £140.

Wondering if it maybe more simple to sell as is for £300ish, bearing in mind the XT1 isn't going for a whole lot more than £450 or so now

You mean those Minis that make a Maxi look small? Almost as bad as the 1200cc FIAT 500!

Back