The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hey @tijuana taxi as you're in Cambridge let's have some shots of the Syd Barrett artworks going up in the city. You know you can do it.

@mickledore I am a few miles up the road, well guided busway actually, but more than happy to take a few photos of Syd's work. First I've heard of them, never really liked Floyd, more of a Sabbath and Purple type of person, but will see what I can do.

Me too, its the next on my list, except for maybe a Samyang 12mm - mostly because its a damn site cheaper.

Played with an XT2 in Selfridges on Tuesday, AFC seemed so much better with my limited testing. Also think the AF stick thingy is too small.

But certainly a massive step up from the XT1

Played with an XT2 in Selfridges on Tuesday, AFC seemed so much better with my limited testing. Also think the AF stick thingy is too small.

But certainly a massive step up from the XT1
So when will it be delivered?

So I do shoot architecture but handheld. Tripods only for long exposures really.

I try to shoot minimalist stuff I did posted some pictures before but i can post new ones here guys.

I prefer a prime but I read bad reviews about the xf 14mm so I decided it would be between the 16mm fuji and the samyang 12mm

There is nothing bad about the XF14mm, it is one of the sharpest Fuji primes, and has very little distortion. I have never seen a bad review. That said neither of the Fuji options are cheap at the moment unless you get a good secondhand deal.

Hmmm looking closely at the XF100-400mm maybe instead of adding another X body (?)
I have hired one, with a 1.4 EX to take to Scotland with my X-T2 in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to run it side by side with my 7D2 & SIgma 150-600 for comparison. If I'm happy, the 7D2, 300f4 & SIgma all go up for sale.

I have hired one, with a 1.4 EX to take to Scotland with my X-T2 in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to run it side by side with my 7D2 & SIgma 150-600 for comparison. If I'm happy, the 7D2, 300f4 & SIgma all go up for sale.

Paired with the 1.4x telecon, it's fabulous. The 2x gives you extra reach but at a cost WRT light loss (f/11 isn't really fast enough for the UK a lot of the year!) and IQ at the long end. The OIS is probably the best I've used and makes hand holding the thing the preferred option even with the 1.4x fitted.

******!!!, you're right - LCE have the 18-55 zoom in at £539.99!! and that includes £80 cashback - I bought a new XE-2 and 18-55 kit in March and that was just £540 total. The 55-200 is also £539.99 (I paid £379 in August - admittedly from Fuji Refurb) and the 10-24 is a whopping £749.99 (Incl £80 cashback) - I paid £569 just last month also from Fuji Refurb and thought that was dear!!

The 'common' 18mm - the one they were giving away a little while ago, is an eyewatering £459.99 (incl £80 cashback) - I think my lens buying is on hold
It's alright, it's good for holding my GAS back!

I have 12, 23, 56 and can't afford anything else now :D

Should have took advantage of the open day at Calumet last week, the open-day price on the XF100-400 lens was £1299 instead of £1469, then a further £125 cashback offer that equates to £1174.

Bargain dot com! I'm such an idiot.

:(

Last edited:
Paired with the 1.4x telecon, it's fabulous. The 2x gives you extra reach but at a cost WRT light loss (f/11 isn't really fast enough for the UK a lot of the year!) and IQ at the long end. The OIS is probably the best I've used and makes hand holding the thing the preferred option even with the 1.4x fitted.

Well the Sigma is surprisingly good, but tit's so damned heavy! I just hope that it does what I hope if we bump into something we don't see down here, like Crested Tit's, Mountain Hares and Ptarmigan....

Sublime Graham

Beautiful. Well worth getting up for. Some real quality additions to this thread recently!

Lovely, really nice calming colours.

"Excellent" shot Graham, spot on composition, lovely colors, agood sky with nice reflections.(y)

George.

Thanks everyone appreciate the feedback.

Gulp.......... amazing Graham. Tripod or hand-held? Any filters used...? Simply wOw

Regards;
Peter

Thanks Peter, no filters used on a tripod and used the merge to HDR in LR with 5 exposures.

Should have took advantage of the open day at Calumet last week, the open-day price on the XF100-400 lens was £1299 instead of £1469, then a further £125 cashback offer that equates to £1174.

Bargain dot com! I'm such an idiot.

No Peter you saved yourself nearly £1200

:(

Good evening everyone I've just picked up my Xt2, does anyone have any settings tips or anything. I'm new to Fuji

Start with everything set at factory default then play with settings until you find some that YOU like. Some people like super saturated colours, others like more subtle/natural tones.

Good evening everyone I've just picked up my Xt2, does anyone have any settings tips or anything. I'm new to Fuji

Lucky you! Do what i do ... watch a billion youtube videos on it :D and just sit down and play with it for hours, best way to get to know it.

Start with everything set at factory default then play with settings until you find some that YOU like. Some people like super saturated colours, others like more subtle/natural tones.
I agree with Nod:eek:
Settings are a very personal thing. I shoot regularly with Mr Perceptive of this parish. We shoot the same things in a not too dissimilar style. Our cameras are set up completely differently even down to assigning functions to buttons. I'd struggle if I picked his up by mistake.
Trial and error is about right, or if it's after the watershed...suck it and see:D

Well this arrived today £9.99 of eBay and came with all the caps and a case. Pentacon 135 2.8 electric, it's an M42 fitting so fits the adapter that I had for my Helios.View attachment 76266View attachment 76267

Great lens that, the second manual focus lens I bought, back in 2008 (for a tenner also). Not quite the magic of the preset version, but still great wide open and quite a bit cheaper!

Back