The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Have I missed the fun? Trouble is I rarely look at most of the other forums. I'm only interested in what I'm interested in. I'm not interested in what I'm not interested in. It doesn't interest me, if that makes sense ...

Have I missed the fun? Trouble is I rarely look at most of the other forums. I'm only interested in what I'm interested in. I'm not interested in what I'm not interested in. It doesn't interest me, if that makes sense ...

True, but sometimes I find reading about things that I'm not interested in owning, interesting.

It was basically yet another Nikon-ites v Fuji-ites argument. Then it got to name calling. You can guess the rest. All a bit childish so three guys are away for a short break.

Well, that was a disappointing morning, at least I've learned trying to shoot through a glared window isn't going to achieve best results. Also that I had the garden table too far away. These are not only massive crops, but they're noisey because of the PP they required, inc messing about with the new Dehaze function. it works, really works, but introduces a lot of noise for shots like this.

_DSF9278 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF9317 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr
That's pin sharp that first one.....wOw

Don't know if this will work, first upload. Still playing around with settings in my xt2 and running down batteries lol. Anyway, here's my first effort. Taken with 35mm at f2. Molly.
url=https://flic.kr/p/NW3WGw]
30804076342_540d3e14d5_c.jpg
[/url]image by Lyn Evans, on Flickr

Guys ladybower plug hole no where near over flow

Forgot I'd ordered a 90mm from Amazon back just as prices were rising but was out of stock, it turned up on Friday, need to give it a blast but think that seen as I now have the excellent 50-140 it'll probably get sent back
You could always pass the saving on to someone on here as I'm sure there will be interested parties. There's a few things I wish I'd purchased before the increases..

Meanwhile in Middle Earth

Twisted by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Very nice Graham! A lot of the pictures I take along the Cherwell north of Oxford have a very hobbity feel about them (I think). It looks like this was taken in Wiltshire (it's all a bit more prehistoric there!) which may account for the more threatening vibe - Mirkwood maybe? :)

Last edited:
Forgot I'd ordered a 90mm from Amazon back just as prices were rising but was out of stock, it turned up on Friday, need to give it a blast but think that seen as I now have the excellent 50-140 it'll probably get sent back

I'd be interested in this if you are planning on a return - was it subject to the current rebate deal?

one from the 56mm 1.2 on x-t2

DSC_0470A by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
Just been looking at the shots from this album and have to say of all the different combos the XT2 with 56mm renders the nicest of the lot, even the D810 (although D810 was with a comparatively slow zoom). Skin tones are so much nicer on the Fooj than the A7 you shot with imo. In fact not just this series but others too. I'm just not a fan of Sony colours tbh, and when I had my Sonys it took me forever to tweak the colours to get them something like, and even then they were far from perfect. Skin tone and greens were the worst.

You have some lovely images in your photostream btw (y)

:D Likewise!

Just been looking at the shots from this album and have to say of all the different combos the XT2 with 56mm renders the nicest of the lot, even the D810 (although D810 was with a comparatively slow zoom). Skin tones are so much nicer on the Fooj than the A7 you shot with imo. In fact not just this series but others too. I'm just not a fan of Sony colours tbh, and when I had my Sonys it took me forever to tweak the colours to get them something like, and even then they were far from perfect. Skin tone and greens were the worst.

You have some lovely images in your photostream btw (y)

Many thanks for the feedback.
No doubt the Fuji is wonderful for portraits and SOOC raw files need a lot less playing with. I did enjoy using the classic chrome preset and tweaking from there.

Back