The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

:cool:

Had to view this on flickr as the image on here is too big to see in full without scrolling on my laptop, but cool image.

Thanks I should have made it smaller oops.

Oh yes, I like that - very atmospheric.

Thanks Andrew

Very moody, really like this one.

Cheers Trevor

That's one of the best mono conversions of seen on this thread. Well done.

Thanks Ryan

Cheers Matt

Very nice Graham! A lot of the pictures I take along the Cherwell north of Oxford have a very hobbity feel about them (I think). It looks like this was taken in Wiltshire (it's all a bit more prehistoric there!) which may account for the more threatening vibe - Mirkwood maybe? :)

Thanks Dave its from Martinsell Hill, now Mirkwood should have been the title.

That's a place on my to visit list.

Peter its a lovely place, that was the only time Ive been and it rained most of the time.

Forgot I'd ordered a 90mm from Amazon back just as prices were rising but was out of stock, it turned up on Friday, need to give it a blast but think that seen as I now have the excellent 50-140 it'll probably get sent back

I'd thought the same, but in reality I find the 90mm is much better so kept both :D

I like the 50-140 but not as much as my 70-200 IS mkII which I did keep instead of the 135L. I have warmed to the 50-140 after using it more though.

After a days hiatus! (Obviously chosen) I'm back just catching up on what's been going on with the thread. Loved the shot of the lady in the dress really good shot dude. It makes me want to get my camera out and go shooting.

Anyone use any decent on the too flash for indoors? If so what

Just put a wanted add for the Fuji 50-140mm F2.8 if anyone is looking to part with theirs :)
I am considering parting with mine, good though it is. But as we're moving house in a couple of days I won't be in a position to do anything for a week or so, assuming BT give me a phone line.

Nuzik...you are back. Enjoy the break!
Were your ears burning?
Haha and to think of all my years in forums only ever ban. I dont even care about Fuji.

Now aside from my own personal self troubles with keeping my big mouth shut. I'm still struggling with people and the 56mm lens it's soft as hell at focusing now I get sometimes I'm not the best but hell something ain't feeling right or im expecting too much.

I'm just transferring files to the pc to have a look but I'm not sure what the hell is going on.

Haha and to think of all my years in forums only ever ban. I dont even care about Fuji.

Now aside from my own personal self troubles with keeping my big mouth shut. I'm still struggling with people and the 56mm lens it's soft as hell at focusing now I get sometimes I'm not the best but hell something ain't feeling right or im expecting too much.

I'm just transferring files to the pc to have a look but I'm not sure what the hell is going on.
Either user error, dodgy lens or dodgy camera. Just seen some comparisons and the Fuji 56mm on an XT2 is every bit as sharp as the D750 with 85mm f1.4G in a studio portrait setup.

Either user error, dodgy lens or dodgy camera. Just seen some comparisons and the Fuji 56mm on an XT2 is every bit as sharp as the D750 with 85mm f1.4G in a studio portrait setup.

Well i figured that it would be down to the three things. Ive tried APC APS zone, spot, different settings for focus. And maybe im asking for too much from it all. It wouldnt even focus properly on my son 8 feet away and my lights are pretty strong in my house 5 bulbs all 80w! its a bright dinning room

Well i figured that it would be down to the three things. Ive tried APC APS zone, spot, different settings for focus. And maybe im asking for too much from it all. It wouldnt even focus properly on my son 8 feet away and my lights are pretty strong in my house 5 bulbs all 80w! its a bright dinning room

I got mine last week and it focusses just fine in low light. It's slowish the lower the light, but faster than my Canon 85 1.2 II and sharp as heck. Is it achieving focus, or not achieving it at all? Have you tried Manually Focussing it?

P.S. It's daylight outside - have you tried it out there?

Last edited:
I got mine last week and it focusses just fine in low light. It's slowish the lower the light, but faster than my Canon 85 1.2 II and sharp as heck. Is it achieving focus, or not achieving it at all? Have you tried Manually Focussing it?

P.S. It's daylight outside - have you tried it out there?

Have tried it outside before wasnt overly great assumed it was my learning curve. But the 18mm seems to focus better and i get more shots out of it that are keepable.

Anyone got a jpg or raw thats not cut down of a face in a house so i can compare if possible

Have to say that while the mono version works, the colour one works better. IMO, of course!

IMO looks abit soft ??

but nice composition (y)

I've got the full size but can't post it on here. There's some compression to fit on here which introduces a bit of softness, but the original is sharp. That is uncropped.
MFD...minimum focus distance. If you stand too close then the lens can't focus. The longer the lens the greater the MFD. If you are right up to the subject the lens just cannot pick anything up. Basic laws of Physics.
f10 1/58 ISO 6400

I've got the full size but can't post it on here. There's some compression to fit on here which introduces a bit of softness, but the original is sharp. That is uncropped.
MFD...minimum focus distance. If you stand too close then the lens can't focus. The longer the lens the greater the MFD. If you are right up to the subject the lens just cannot pick anything up. Basic laws of Physics.
f10 1/58 ISO 6400
yeah i get that, plenty of space away from my subjects. Im transferring some more i just took, i'll post some up. hopefully these are better.

Shame you live so far away otherwise I'd have offered some assistance. Do you have a friendly camera store you can go to to check everything's working as it should? You've been struggling with this lens for a couple of weeks now IIRC, normally if you have an issue you can figure out very quickly if its user error (and therefore how to correct it) or whether there's a fault. Have you tried restoring the camera back to factory settings and starting over? What other lenses do you have and do you have issues with those?

Shame you live so far away otherwise I'd have offered some assistance. Do you have a friendly camera store you can go to to check everything's working as it should? You've been struggling with this lens for a couple of weeks now IIRC, normally if you have an issue you can figure out very quickly if its user error (and therefore how to correct it) or whether there's a fault. Have you tried restoring the camera back to factory settings and starting over? What other lenses do you have and do you have issues with those?
A trip to Cheshire might be my best bet. I'll sleep with the cats lol

Got the 18mm which seems ok as per my other posts. Now I wasn't expecting it to be as crisp and clear as the d750 but at least 90% there. Factory reset will be done when I'm home I escaped the house to get some drink.

A trip to Cheshire might be my best bet. I'll sleep with the cats lol

Got the 18mm which seems ok as per my other posts. Now I wasn't expecting it to be as crisp and clear as the d750 but at least 90% there. Factory reset will be done when I'm home I escaped the house to get some drink.
As I mentioned previously I've seen studio tests that suggest that it is as sharp as the D750 with 85mm f1.4g. Without trying it for myself I can't confirm but the images looked good, although there were a couple of things where the test wasn't perfect.

That's pin sharp that first one.....wOw

It's the noise that bothered me really :) I knew there was side glare on the window, i guess I thought I could process it out. I did, kind of, but introduced a hell of a lot of noisiness. Cool little wee bird though, first time I seen that particular one in the garden. there was a robin too, but the shots just weren't doing it for me on that one. Not after I looked up other's bird shots :/

Well guys after thinking all day am going to move over for the faster AF better menu and function better firmware updates. But hope the ISO and IQ won't let me down

Xt1 with 18-55 kit lens
Can't decide between 23 or 27 prime
40-150

That be the complete set

Am I right I need a grip to get full benefit of AF speed?

As I mentioned previously I've seen studio tests that suggest that it is as sharp as the D750 with 85mm f1.4g. Without trying it for myself I can't confirm but the images looked good, although there were a couple of things where the test wasn't perfect.
I need to see this s***. Maybe I have a dud lens...

:fuji::fuji:
Well guys after thinking all day am going to move over for the faster AF better menu and function better firmware updates. But hope the ISO and IQ won't let me down

Xt1 with 18-55 kit lens
40-150

That be the complete set

Yes Andrew you need to get a grip

Xt1 with 18-55 kit lens
40-150

That be the complete set

I don't think the grip has any effect on the X-T1, but the T2 is a different matter...

Xt1 with 18-55 kit lens
40-150

That be the complete set

The grip for the X-T1 only adds an extra battery and portrait orientation controls, makes no difference to the speed.

The XT-1 grip isn't near as tempting, I'd have one if it was as good as the XT-2's. Just for the ability to stick an extra battery in there alone, but the boost mode is also nice I guess. not that I ever shoot anything fast enough

Sorry guys meant say xt2 am going for

Back