The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I saw it under the Amazon Black Friday Fuji Winter deals section....... hence why I posted it up but had another look and its now gone.
My local camera store also said they are expecting double cash back deals on Black Friday. :s

Found it....

Claim up to £125 Cashback on these selected Fujifilm products.
See below to find out which products qualify for which cashback amounts. Offer ends 11:45pm BST on 31st January, 2017.
Plus, claim DOUBLE cashback on the below products on purchases made between 25th November 2016 and 1st December 2016.

How to claim:
  1. Purchase one of the qualifying items.
  2. Go to the Fujifilm website (https://fuji-promotions.com/) to read Fujifilm's terms and conditions and receive further information.
  3. Follow the steps for the corresponding promotion.
Read Fujifilm's Terms and Conditions

All Fujifilm offers apply to the qualifying items, sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk, and do not apply to used products or third party sellers on Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform. Terms and conditions apply.

:D:banana::D:banana::D:banana:etc,etc.

Who's a "Lucky Boy/Company" then ?

Just a little earlier today we only had our complete company order for all of our X-T2 bodys + Battery Packs and 100-400mm lenses delivered.(y)

"Just in time for the guys to get them set up to their individual liking and get well acquainted with the new gear for a couple of days before heading for the AD F1 this coming week end"

So as a company we are now "100% Fuji-X", with a whole lotta Nik' bodys to out. We should actually end up in profit as the DSLR bodys are probably worth more than we paid for the Fuji gear.

George.

:D:banana::D:banana::D:banana:etc,etc.

Who's a "Lucky Boy/Company" then ?

Just a little earlier today we only had our complete company order for all of our X-T2 bodys + Battery Packs and 100-400mm lenses delivered.(y)

"Just in time for the guys to get them set up to their individual liking and get well acquainted with the new gear for a couple of days before heading for the AD F1 this coming week end"

So as a company we are now "100% Fuji-X", with a whole lotta Nik' bodys to out. We should actually end up in profit as the DSLR bodys are probably worth more than we paid for the Fuji gear.

George.

Excellent news...... just out of interest what Nikon DSLR bodies did you give up to move to the XT-2?
This is very high praise for the XT-2 :D

Can't believe giving up nikons putting full faith in xt2 for paid jobs such as F1

I actually watch a video on youtube that compare the XT2 AF tracking vs Nikon D810 tracking. I think the XT2 is slightly better on tracking, but I think both camera can do the job. The benefit of using the Nikon is lens selection where as Fuji is very limited.

I actually watch a video on youtube that compare the XT2 AF tracking vs Nikon D810 tracking. I think the XT2 is slightly better on tracking, but I think both camera can do the job. The benefit of using the Nikon is lens selection where as Fuji is very limited.
I saw that as well tbh... d810 isn't really known as a sport camera tbh ... xt2 put a great showing up and looks more than capable of doing the job.... and lets be fair the lenses are lighter lol

I saw that as well tbh... d810 isn't really known as a sport camera tbh ... xt2 put a great showing up and looks more than capable of doing the job.... and lets be fair the lenses are lighter lol

Correct, one of the reasons why I am giving up Sony, I got the best G Master glass but boy is it big a heavy.... just like a DSLR. :D

I think they comparing the AF tracking instead of FPS. I might be wrong but the AF on the D810 is same as the D4 series? The high burst on the Nikon is probably better but the XT2 is not bad. The problem with the Fuji 100-400 is f4.5-5.6 where as Nikon you can get more faster lens but like you say the Fuji setup is super light compare to Nikon setup.

Can't believe giving up nikons putting full faith in xt2 for paid jobs such as F1

Why not ? you can't make Half a decision.
If you test something out and it proves to be the better option for you, why would you not go with it?

There is no reason to believe that Fuji kit will fail more often than Nikon.... all cameras fail... look at the effort Nikon and Canon put in to their workshops at the Olympics, to try to keep professionals kit working. They were constantly busy fixing things, but still ended up with a backlog.
Probably only hire companies know anything like a true comparison.

Excellent news...... just out of interest what Nikon DSLR bodies did you give up to move to the XT-2?
This is very high praise for the XT-2 :D

D4s & D810/Battery Packed units Riz. I've used the X-T2/Battery Packed units (some on loan for a short time) at several F1 meetings recently and can see absolutely no reason whatsoever why they would not be up to the motor sport contracts we shoot. I've been shooting F1 for I think eleven years now (contracted work not freelance and sell) so I feel sure that I have enough experience to know if the switch will work or not. "I'M THAT CONFIDENT".(y)

George

George I notice you the 55/200 lens too how you rate that

D4s & D810/Battery Packed units Riz. I've used the X-T2/Battery Packed units (some on loan for a short time) at several F1 meetings recently and can see absolutely no reason whatsoever why they would not be up to the motor sport contracts we shoot. I've been shooting F1 for I think eleven years now (contracted work not freelance and sell) so I feel sure that I have enough experience to know if the switch will work or not. "I'M THAT CONFIDENT".(y)

George
Fair Play George sounds may I ask what lens you will use on the xt2?

George I notice you the 55/200 lens too how you rate that

Its "Excellent" Andrew, IMHO its as good optically as any other comparable FL lens (that I've used) from other manufacturers. I've never had a problem with any Fuji-X cameras or lenses.(y)

George.

I am slowly (yeah right) building up my Fuji collection.....

Fuji XT-2
Fuji XT-2 Vertical Booster Grip
Fuji 10-24mm f4
Fuji 16-55mm f2.8
Fuji 50-140mm f2.8 + 1.4x TC
Fuji 35mm f2.0
Fuji 56mm f1.2

Next on my Fuji GAS shopping list....
Fuji 80mm f2.8 macro

And if I go all out under extreme GAS attack!!!
16mm f1.4
23mm f2.0
90mm f.20
100-400mm + 2.0x TC
Fuji EF-X500 x3 incl battery packs

Have I missed anything off? :D lol

Fuji XT-2
Fuji 10-24mm f4
Fuji 16-55mm f2.8
Fuji 35mm f2.0
Fuji 56mm f1.2

Fuji 80mm f2.8 macro

16mm f1.4
23mm f2.0
90mm f.20
100-400mm + 2.0x TC

oh god its happening again lol

Fuji XT-2
Fuji 10-24mm f4
Fuji 16-55mm f2.8
Fuji 35mm f2.0
Fuji 56mm f1.2

Fuji 80mm f2.8 macro

16mm f1.4
23mm f2.0
90mm f.20
100-400mm + 2.0x TC

Yes the best prime!!!!

hahahahah fair play riz,..... that is some list mate and u must be in profit from your sony

fair play that makes the xt10 cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under 300 for the body very tempting or 500 for the xt1 decisions decisions. I'm tempted to go with the t10 for a year or so until the price comes down on the t2.

Last edited:
I take it they don't do a battery grip for the X-T10 ?

hahahahah fair play riz,..... that is some list mate and u must be in profit from your sony
Well that was also a big reason for me to give up the Sony setup.... when it came to the actual value of the gear vs. actual end output it was more than my actual needs..... :D
I'd say that with my first lot of Fuji gear I have bought, bearing in mind the Fuji lenses cover a bigger focal range, I will be easily £3.5-4.5k better off.... money which is going towards a car for the wife :eek:
The XT-2 is a really fast and responsive body .... having said that, the Sony gear is unbeatable for its sensor and full-frame advantages...... in my situation the Sony was just too much. :)

Well that was also a big reason for me to give up the Sony setup.... when it came to the actual value of the gear vs. actual end output it was more than my actual needs..... :D
I'd say that with my first lot of Fuji gear I have bought, bearing in mind the Fuji lenses cover a bigger focal range, I will be easily £3.5-4.5k better off.... money which is going towards a car for the wife :eek:
The XT-2 is a really fast and responsive body .... having said that, the Sony gear is unbeatable for its sensor and full-frame advantages...... in my situation the Sony was just too much. :)
cant put a price on a wifes happiness as we all know lol
you reckon the a7r2 is slower or the same?

I still got the following:

Nikon D3, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.4 AFD and Tamron 19-35mm f3.5-5.6. I guess is matter of time before I sell them and cash in for a XT2 and some lens hahaha.

Fair Play George sounds may I ask what lens you will use on the xt2?

Certainly Owen, virtually all of the track side stuff will be with the 100-400mm on one body. Most of the pit lane, garage, paddock stuff will be with 10-24mm on a second body. And I would normally have a third body that I call my floater with whatever lens (usually a fast prime) is needed for a particular area usually something around a standard 50/85mm FL in FF terms.(y)

George.

Last edited:
cant put a price on a wifes happiness as we all know lol
you reckon the a7r2 is slower or the same?

The Fuji XT-2 is astonishingly quicker than any of the Sony A7 series bodies, both in fps, image review and buffer usage. You have to remember that the Sony A7RII is having to work with massive data loads (80mp files) and the best 35mm sensor on the market.

I have faith that Sony will crack the whole AF-tracking and speed responsiveness of their A7 / A9 bodies in 2017 with the A7 III / A9 but it'll come at a hefty price A7 III will probably cost £1999, A9... maybe £3499....... for me chasing the ultimate IQ and glass had to stop, no need for it..... looking at real photos on screen between the Fuji and Sony the differences (if any) are minimal and does not justify the cost.

Prime example with George moving to Fuji XT-2 bodies from Nikon D4s......

Last edited:
Certainly Owen, virtually all of the track side stuff will be with the 100-400mm on one body. Most of the pit lane, garage, paddock stuff will be with 10-24mm on a second body. And I would normally have a third body that I call my floater with whatever lens (usually a fast prime) is needed for a particular area usually something around a standard 50/85mm FL in FF terms.(y)

George.
brill thanks George great setup :)

I still got the following:

Nikon D3, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.4 AFD and Tamron 19-35mm f3.5-5.6. I guess is matter of time before I sell them and cash in for a XT2 and some lens hahaha.

I'd say get rid of them now while they are still worth something.... give the Fuji a chance and I am sure you'll see the benefits as have many professionals... but you have to look at the positives and negatives as no camera system is perfect.

Back