The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

As I said - I shoot raw. So have to create a jpeg file..
Works fine for me
Ahh, OK. It sounded in the previous post that you were suggesting Simes tried this option (y)

What I mean is that you'll need to use the EVF to understand whether something is in focus or not, because the OVF is not through the lens :)

Edit: When using a manual focus lens.
How did folk used to manage in the good old days then, did they always just zone focus?

How did folk used to manage in the good old days then, did they always just zone focus?
or a rangefinder, sometimes lens linked or sometimes separate, and the good old days are still around for some of us:D used my new to me voigtlander last week:cool:

Last edited:
or a rangefinder, sometimes lens linked or sometimes separate, and the good old days are still around for some of us:D used my new to me voigtlander last week:cool:
Ahh, I thought it had a rangefinder type function (y)

Ahh, I thought it had a rangefinder type function (y)

Unfortunately not. Although at a quick glance it looks like a rangefinder camera, it isn't. It handles in a similar way as far as looking through it but there the similarity ends, although you do still get the intrusion of lenses in the OVF as well as parallax errors when shooting close up (both of which niggles are easily cured by using the EVF through the viewfinder rather than using it as an OVF.) There's a thread dedicated to the X-Pro series somewhere.

One from last weekend. I'll try not to mention the P word :). But there's something a bit Victorian about it, which is in keeping with the location (Lewis Carroll's old stomping ground). I think I have could have focused slightly more hyperfocally, but worse things happen at sea. Chances of any light like this today seem rather remote, alas. Haven't seen the big bright thing in days...

Late light, Christchurch Meadow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Quick question please, have seen this term used a fair bit "that London" what is it all about?
I'm a Londoner and had never seen or heard it used until a couple of years ago
My interpretation of this is that it's used in a tongue-in-cheek manner by us Northerners to describe the place that seems to get all the funding and attention. As someone who's just recovering from spending 4 years down there I know what they mean. ;)

Last edited:
My interpretation of this is that it's used in a tongue-in-cheek manner by us Northerners to describe the place that seems to get all the funding and attention. As someone who's just recovering from spending 4 years down there I know what they mean. ;)

Guessed it might be something like that, despite what those cheeky northern monkeys think there are still some very poor parts of London especially where I hail from. Main reason the Olympics was chosen for that area, didn't work though apart from a taxpayers sponsored footie ground for the spammers and a big shopping centre. :)

One from last weekend. I'll try not to mention the P word :). But there's something a bit Victorian about it, which is in keeping with the location (Lewis Carroll's old stomping ground). I think I have could have focused slightly more hyperfocally, but worse things happen at sea. Chances of any light like this today seem rather remote, alas. Haven't seen the big bright thing in days...

Late light, Christchurch Meadow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Rule of thirds, David. Spot on, and the stately home lit up by evening sun. A feast for the eyes every where they go. Beautiful light. Very very good composition. :clap:

Last edited:
Rule of thirds, David. Spot on, and the stately home lit up by evening sun. A feast for the eyes every where they go. Beautiful light. Very very good composition. :clap:
Aw thanks, that's very kind. I would be happier if the diagonal lines led directly to the point of interest, but Christchurch College is where it is, and this is the best I could do at the time :). I like the atmosphere, at least. If you're ever in Oxford, come check it out, it's right in the centre of the city and feels more like the countryside.

I tried the 16-55 out recently. It's a lovely well-built lens but the thing I noticed most is that you cannot get away with using low shutter speeds as you can the 18-55. I could see through the EVF the lens not steadying when I depressed the shutter half way, and I had to use a fast shutter speed. With the 18-55 I can shoot down to 1/30 and still get an in-focus image.

Personally, I do believe that the Fuji lenses really benefit from OIS. If the 18-55 can have OIS and not be overly big and heavy, and still relatively fast (f2.8 - f4) then this technology could be incorporated within the primes - 35, 56, 90 etc.
Tried my 16-55 out for the first time at night, some 1/30 shots handheld, I hesitated taking it, almost took the 18-55 instead due to the OIS but I think these turned out ok ?

Carnaby by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Piccadilly by ImageMaker, on Flickr

I posted another image previously from this moment of this wedding. But when I processed the whole wedding the other day I realised I liked this one more....

KR-333 by Ryan Jarvis, on Flickr

In fact I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourites of the year.

Shot with X-T2 and 23mm lens at 1.4.

Beautiful shot of a lovely moment, tried to "like" it twice but the system won't allow it.

I posted another image previously from this moment of this wedding. But when I processed the whole wedding the other day I realised I liked this one more....

KR-333 by Ryan Jarvis, on Flickr

In fact I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourites of the year.

Shot with X-T2 and 23mm lens at 1.4.
I don't usually comment on or like "people" shots, but this has captured a very tender moment and expressed it so well.

15590748_10157806505285618_7330806261302078430_o.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone getting some Fuji gear from Santa? :D

I have a suspicion I may be getting a wrist strap, which is cool. My better half has asked a few times why I never use any strap, makes her nervous how casual I am with a camera! :D And asked me what kind of strap I would actually use. So I pointed her toward some nice wrist options. I don't do neck straps. I had a Black Rapid sport for the D800, but it seemed a bit much for the XT-1. I've never dropped a camera in my life and don't intend to. But ... just for a little 'just in case' security.

I bought myself some macro rings, and hope they arrive next week. Other than that, nothing really interesting. Still have an ND filter with a step up ring and a couple of other bits in a basket on Amazon. Think I left it to late to hope for them before Christmas.

Last edited:
Anyone successfully got the remote app to work for transferring images to an iPad? Was trying the other day and it was a painful experience. I can get the X-T2 wifi on, connect to its wifi with the iPad, run the app, hit the play button, select an image, but shortly after that the connection fails. Rinse, repeat. It did work for 1 image, but it was a maddening process. The app appears to be next to useless. I did play with it a bit for taking pictures as well recently, and it was better in that mode - using an iPhone as the viewfinder. The only snag with it, was that there was a really bad lag between the screen and reality, so framing was guesswork.
Remove the card with RAW images on and move the JPEG card to slot 1

Aw thanks, that's very kind. I would be happier if the diagonal lines led directly to the point of interest, but Christchurch College is where it is, and this is the best I could do at the time :). I like the atmosphere, at least. If you're ever in Oxford, come check it out, it's right in the centre of the city and feels more like the countryside.
It's nature - you gotta work with you got - and that was well done. Very pleasing image. I've returned to it a few times.

Back