The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Got my 18mm f2 today via the post. Focus was abit noisy compare to my 35mm f2. The noisy didn't bother me and the optic quality is fantastic. I'm surpraise how close focus this 18mm can get. Haven't use a wide angle thay can go that close, interest comp i can get. Will give the lens a proper try in the street tomorrow.

So far i love my 18mm and 35mm setup.

Got my 18mm f2 today via the post. Focus was abit noisy compare to my 35mm f2. The noisy didn't bother me and the optic quality is fantastic. I'm surpraise how close focus this 18mm can get. Haven't use a wide angle thay can go that close, interest comp i can get. Will give the lens a proper try in the street tomorrow.

So far i love my 18mm and 35mm setup.
Yeah 18mm is amazing. I'm going to be selling mine though. No need for mine.

I'm resisting the temptation to buy fuji zoom atm. I wanted a compact system with nice primes for travel and street shots. Some point in the future i may add the 56mm f1.2. Atm 18 and 35mm will do most of my stuff.

Yeah 18mm is amazing. I'm going to be selling mine though. No need for mine.

WIll keep an eye for it. I'm kind of interested in that lens, but also in a Samy 12mm. It would be in the new year either way

No problem, I've never actually lot a street fight :D

I'm not really sure if I'd prefer the 18, or the 18-55. Because I've heard so much about the zoom, and I do like OIS.
Yeah I'm not sure I want it either! Lol

Anyone else have card reading errors?

I was rather hung over this morning and having trouble focussing when the post arrived, but my Wife assures me the card was from my Mother.

But presuming that's not quite what you meant then no. Reading in the camera or on the PC? Other cards doing the same?

I was rather hung over this morning and having trouble focussing when the post arrived, but my Wife assures me the card was from my Mother.

But presuming that's not quite what you meant then no. Reading in the camera or on the PC? Other cards doing the same?
In the camera. In the PC it's fine. Never had problems with it in other cameras. I've tried formatting it in camera and PC still same. Not tried another card through.

In the camera. In the PC it's fine. Never had problems with it in other cameras. I've tried formatting it in camera and PC still same. Not tried another card through.

Definitely time to swap it out then, hard to have faith in a card once it's displayed any irregularities. And using another card for a spell will show if it's a camera fault.

Took my camera out today to test the 18mm. Nothing worse then seeing the dust on my sensor when viewing the EVF. Dust must got in when changing my lens yesterday ..........

Otherwise the 18mm is good. Will post some photo soon when i remove the dust in post ......

15665562_10157814666520618_4806463589981869088_n.jpg

The 27mm is growing on me. Although Facebook ruins images.

Last edited:
Getting used to the lesser weight and size of the Fuji gear versus Sony.

All in my Think Tank Urban Approach 10 shoulder bag...

Fuji XT-2 with Vertical Booster Grip attached
Fujinon 35mm f2.0
Fujinon 56mm f1.2
Fujinon 16-55mm f2.8
Fujinon 10-24mm f4
2x Spare Ex-Pro batteries
1x Spare SD Card
1x Cleaning Cloth
2x LensPens

The body and lenses all in Fuji soft bags too. :D

More than a year ago I asked if someone would buy the Samyang 100mm macro lens and report back to say if it was worth the spend. Nobody took me up on it though, so I have another request.
Can someone buy the new Mitakon macro and report back please? :D

\It's a bit cheaper so hopefully someone will (y)

http://www.zyoptics.net/product/mitakon-20mm-f2-4-5x-super-macro-lens/ Available in Fuji X fitting.

4.5:1, nice ... I'll wait on reviews fr that one here too. Would be nice to have in the bag.

More than a year ago I asked if someone would buy the Samyang 100mm macro lens and report back to say if it was worth the spend. Nobody took me up on it though, so I have another request.
Can someone buy the new Mitakon macro and report back please? :D

\It's a bit cheaper so hopefully someone will (y)

http://www.zyoptics.net/product/mitakon-20mm-f2-4-5x-super-macro-lens/ Available in Fuji X fitting.

Here's a link for you Colin, seems to get a 10/10 review;
http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=samyang_100macro

Nice sharp image and nicely lit.

Many thanks Toby, much appreciate your comments.(y)

Didn't realise you were such a big softie George ;)

Erm:thinking: Im stuck for words, all I can think of is that "I've quite happily been a kid all my life so don't really wanna change now".:D:D

George.

Getting used to the lesser weight and size of the Fuji gear versus Sony.

All in my Think Tank Urban Approach 10 shoulder bag...

Fuji XT-2 with Vertical Booster Grip attached
Fujinon 35mm f2.0
Fujinon 56mm f1.2
Fujinon 16-55mm f2.8
Fujinon 10-24mm f4
2x Spare Ex-Pro batteries
1x Spare SD Card
1x Cleaning Cloth
2x LensPens

The body and lenses all in Fuji soft bags too. :D

which lens is your favourite of the bunch?

Erm:thinking: Im stuck for words, all I can think of is that "I've quite happily been a kid all my life so don't really wanna change now".:D:D

George.
I thought that was just me, glad to see there's others too. Must be a bloke thing ;)

which lens is your favourite of the bunch?

That's a very hard question as they are all cracking lenses. I would say the one which sticks out for me is the 16-55mm f2.8 as its always been a good focal length for me.... I used to have a Brickon :eek: and always found the 17-55mm f2.8 the one lenses I used the most too. I guess its because of the zoom versatility.
I am looking forward to the new Fujinon 80mm f2.8 Macro next year. :D

Back