The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks all at the minute it's more stationary / portrait type pics of him as he's only 7 weeks old hadn't really thought about him being on the move - eek! So will have a look at the 18 and 27 and the 18-55. What's the highest people will push the ISO? Have the i40 flash just need something to get it off camera.At least its the weekend so i can get some pics of him in natural light.

I'm still amazed at the quality of the pics of the Fuji and there's some amazing pics on this thread, hopefully I'll have something worth sharing soon.

Cheers,
I'm happy enough with 6400 too. I leave it in auto everything with min shutter set at 1/125 and ISO 6400 in the house and tweek if needed.

Last edited:
Last week I picked up an old iconic British amplifier, very well respected, made/designed by Mr Peter Walker of Quad UK, a Stereo Power Amplifier Quad 303 – made from 1967 to 1985 – 94,000 units sold.

I bought this Quad 303 amplifier last week from a local audio chap via Gumtree, the BEST sounding £150 I've ever spent to be honest.....stunning.

Quad 303 side by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr
I used to have a Quad 33/303 set up. Awesome it was. SWMBO wasn't too keen so it went to her sister. No idea where it is now. Still miss it.

Hi All

I'm new to the Fuji game and have XT-10 and the 2 XC lenses,we've just had a baby and am struggling to get decent pics in low light. So keep reaching for the old sony dslr and 35 mm prime, which is a bit beaten up and fails at important moments!

I was tempted with the 35mm f2 but am now wondering if it's worth waiting for the new 50mm or what are peoples views on the 56,60mm primes also thought of chopping in the XC 16-50 and upgrade to the XF 18-55 - lots of options I know but for anyone that's tried to take pictures of newborns/kids what would be your go-to lens.

Cheers,

The 18-55mm is very good and has decent AF. The 23/2 is very fast and a good focal length. However, with young babies and just about toddlers, I found the 18/2 was a good choice. The wide aperture helps keep the iso down or shutter speed up, it's small and the AF is surprisingly ok on later bodies including the X-T10. I find 18mm allows you to get full body captures in small places e.g. baby in sitting position at the soft play.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Fooj-Friendly backpack? I've got 4 or 5 already but none of them are close enough to perfect for me.

For days out walking I would most likely be carrying the following:

X-T2 , 14mm, 18-55, 55-200
Lee seven5 system

That's the easy part as pretty much any backpack will take those.

I would also want to carry food and water maybe a light jacket that sort of thing, so a separate compartment for those would be ideal.

Again there are a lot which would cover those requirements but I'm struggling to find one suitably small enough for a Fuji set-up but that will also hold a tripod.
My tripod is a 3LT Brian.

Anyone using something that fits these criteria or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Fooj-Friendly backpack? I've got 4 or 5 already but none of them are close enough to perfect for me.

Lee seven5 system

I would also want to carry food and water maybe a light jacket that sort of thing, so a separate compartment for those would be ideal.

Again there are a lot which would cover those requirements but I'm struggling to find one suitably small enough for a Fuji set-up but that will also hold a tripod.

Thanks in advance.
I'm using a Lowe pro Vertex 200 which will carry all that you say. It carries similar stuff for me.

The 18-55mm is very good and has decent AF. The 23/2 is very fast and a good focal length. However, with young babies and just about toddlers, I found the 18/2 was a good choice. The wide aperture helps keep the iso down or shutter speed up, it's small and the AF is surprisingly ok on later bodies including the X-T10. I find 18mm allows you to get full body captures in small places e.g. baby in sitting position at the soft play.
I quite fancy the 18mm I've heard some moans about corner softness though?

Not been around for a while, just checking the last 10+ pages, some stunning images guys, keep them coming.

I've been considering a 23mm but wondered if i'd want wider. At 18mm I may as well use the zoom, arguably I wouldnt gain much at 23mm either. The only thing that puts me off about the 18mm is the distortion if shooting people, which i'm doing more often lately.

I've been considering a 23mm but wondered if i'd want wider. At 18mm I may as well use the zoom, arguably I wouldnt gain much at 23mm either. The only thing that puts me off about the 18mm is the distortion if shooting people, which i'm doing more often lately.
I've had this exact dilemma. Think I'll go for the 23mm f2, but only if / when the price drops a little.

Lee seven5 system

Thanks in advance.

I bought the LowePro Hatchback 22L from China (possibly a fake) for £30. Has a zip compartment at the top for a light coat, accessories etc., and a bottom compartment for the body and lenses. There's a pouch for a 13" laptop / tablet and a waterproof cover at the bottom.

I'm using a Lowe pro Vertex 200 which will carry all that you say. It carries similar stuff for me.

Thanks Frank, I've never seen a Vertex in the flesh. Is the Fuji not a bit lost in it? Not sure if I would want to mess about re configuring it for non-photographic or edible items.

I bought the LowePro Hatchback 22L from China (possibly a fake) for £30. Has a zip compartment at the top for a light coat, accessories etc., and a bottom compartment for the body and lenses. There's a pouch for a 13" laptop / tablet and a waterproof cover at the bottom.

Not sure it has a tripod clip though.

I've actually got a (genuine) hatchback 16L which is almost big enough for the camera and lenses but it only has the mesh pockets at the side which wouldn't take the tripod, is the 22L not the same?

Very dramatic looking, I like that.

@Barrysprout

I use a Tamrac Anvil Slim 11, I use it in several configurations:-

1) It can carry most of my Fuji gear
2) I Part Fill it with camera gear, and leave the rest for other stuff
3) I can fit my Travel Tripod 3LT Vyv, comfortably inside it, along with a lot of camera gear, carrying the tripod this was keeps the weight balance nice.

It has additional pockets stuitable for laptop etc. It might be a bit overkill for what you want, but it is very comfortable.

@Barrysprout

I use a Tamrac Anvil Slim 11, I use it in several configurations:-

1) It can carry most of my Fuji gear
2) I Part Fill it with camera gear, and leave the rest for other stuff
3) I can fit my Travel Tripod 3LT Vyv, comfortably inside it, along with a lot of camera gear, carrying the tripod this was keeps the weight balance nice.

It has additional pockets stuitable for laptop etc. It might be a bit overkill for what you want, but it is very comfortable.

Thanks I'll have a look.

I don't think I have ever used a supplied-with-camera strap. Not with any dslr I've owned, or compact or mirrorless. They're just bland, I would never wear a strap around my neck. I used a Black Rapid sport for years, but now I prefer simple hand straps. I would actually prefer to not use any at all, but just for a little security, a hand strap is fine by me. I got a leather footprints strap for Christmas and really like it. It's simple, yet classy, and non intrusive.

Thank you -)
Squirrel with the XF16-55 and Robin with 100-400mm

Love them! don't know how I missed them before must have scrolled past. Just one Q - what are you using to sharpen? They seem a tad over maybe? But this could be how the forum renders the images?

I really want that 100-400! I have a few new Robin shots here to process, but they're not going to be anything like yours!

Hi All

I'm new to the Fuji game and have XT-10 and the 2 XC lenses,we've just had a baby and am struggling to get decent pics in low light. So keep reaching for the old sony dslr and 35 mm prime, which is a bit beaten up and fails at important moments!

I was tempted with the 35mm f2 but am now wondering if it's worth waiting for the new 50mm or what are peoples views on the 56,60mm primes also thought of chopping in the XC 16-50 and upgrade to the XF 18-55 - lots of options I know but for anyone that's tried to take pictures of newborns/kids what would be your go-to lens.

Cheers,
I'm surprised your not get good shots especially with the 16-50mm I have a couple of them and not had any issues sharpness wise even wide open at f3.5 !
In fact I've stuck wither rather than the 18-55mm which I tried as both have iOS and at best it's only 1 stop faster.
Are you using a fast enough shutter speed ? This can be increased by raising the ISO to give you a faster shutter speed for the same aperture setting

X-T2 in my local park this morning

32827574191_801ef39303_h.jpg

32137722843_976ad29305_h.jpg

32911435116_cb8e50ac22_h.jpg

"Cracking" set of images Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to landscape photography my work leaves a lot to be desired. But this shot that I did in Cornwall when I was last in those parts I thought was reasonably acceptable.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cornwall (2)-120050 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

So having fixed @mickledore 's computer, been fed by his better half, he suggests we pop down the local cemetery for a bit of night time shooting, tripods, 30 second exposures and with the camera in average metering, we got some great results, not my usual type of venue or image, but interesting never the less.

170216 Liverpool Road Cemetry,Birkdale
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

The way I feel this morning I guess he could be right:(
Another from the cemetery
View attachment 95984

Well this is the first image i've ever taken where i've asked a stranger. I was so nervous i didn't even think of the picture which ended up with a messy background so cropped to square format. The guy has a lovely face and perhaps i will ask him again if in Bristol he runs a stall.

DSCF1213crop.jpg

Update: silver fx seems to have produced some weird halo's on the mans jacket to the left?

X-T2 in my local park this morning

32827574191_801ef39303_h.jpg

32137722843_976ad29305_h.jpg

32911435116_cb8e50ac22_h.jpg

Well this was shot in really rubbish light within starbuck. iso 2500 f2 on a 35mm. Classic chrome filter apply in LR.

FXT13419 by P Li, on Flickr

The trouble with thread is you don't visit for a couple of days and the place is filled up with some lovely shots.

Quality shooting guys :clap:

Well this is the first image i've ever taken where i've asked a stranger. I was so nervous i didn't even think of the picture which ended up with a messy background so cropped to square format. The guy has a lovely face and perhaps i will ask him again if in Bristol he runs a stall.

DSCF1213crop.jpg

Update: silver fx seems to have produced some weird halo's on the mans jacket to the left?
Fab portrait and well worth a reshoot if you get the chance!
That's not saying there is anything wrong with this I would love it in my portfolio (n)

Well this was shot in really rubbish light within starbuck. iso 2500 f2 on a 35mm. Classic chrome filter apply in LR.

FXT13419 by P Li, on Flickr

Love to know what he was thinking GR8 capture and one for the family album :)

So having fixed @mickledore 's computer, been fed by his better half, he suggests we pop down the local cemetery for a bit of night time shooting, tripods, 30 second exposures and with the camera in average metering, we got some great results, not my usual type of venue or image, but interesting never the less.

170216 Liverpool Road Cemetry,Birkdale
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr
The way I feel this morning I guess he could be right:(
Another from the cemetery
View attachment 95984

Excellent work one of my favourite haunts old church yards !

Nothing special just a candid street style shot taken at Folkestone Kent UK of someone doing a survey and to me it looks like she's On The Prowl.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
On The Prowl-03061 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Ooh Geaorge if looks could kill lol GR8 shot !

Back