The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Slowly getting to know the XT-2 while managing a new baby and a move back home to NZ. Shooting more now and starting to really enjoy it. I've been back and forth about the in camera jpegs but I'm now using them about 90% of the time - the colour is just wow and it avoids all the hassle with trying to sharpen the raws in lightroom. Here is a snap shot with the XT2 and the 16mm. If anyone is into landscapes and hasn't been to New Zealand , well...

View attachment 96093

Looks a wonderful place, hoping to pay a visit in a couple a couple of years. Rent a motorhome for 3 weeks and explore.

Good to know, i've been considering moving on the 35mm in favour of something wider, but 23mm on the zoom isn't far off 2.8 anyway, and has the OIS.

Still, as much as I love the 35mm it isnt getting much use, maybe i'll swap for a 12mm or something...

Now the Samang 12/2 is something else :D

P.s. If I do sell the 23/2, I may pick up a Chinese Discover 25/1.8 manual focus lens instead, can't go wrong for £70, surely?

Ok I have both. I'd never swap the 35 for the 23 in a million years. The 35 just renders so well :) I'll probably sell the 23/2. It's a great lens, I'm sure, but I just seem to always opt for a zoom or the 35 / 56.

I do love the 35 1.4, just the odd time I find myself wishing it was a little wider. But ... the ol' few steps back where possible does the trick. I think I may hold on to it, and save on side for a wide. I also like the idea of the Samyang 12mm

One form Hengistbury Head was hoping a sunset, but was rather grey so had fun on the long Gnoyme instead

The Long Gnoyme by Graham Norton, on Flickr

"Excellent" shot Sir, spot on comp', nice full range of punchy mono tones with detail in the highlights & shadows, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Blimey. As Graham said recently, you take a few days off and come back to a load of great shots. @Mr Perceptive in particular!

I've been spending a long weekend in Pembrokeshire working on my landscape. And it does need some work! There wasn't a lot of light at times, but at least it didn't chuck it down the entire time...

This one is from a lovely little village called Manorbier, which I warmly recommend.

The Innsmouth Look
by David Hallett, on Flickr

So, is there a dedicated flash for the xt2 yet (apart from the obscenely expensive 500 thingy)?
I've heard of people getting their Nissin i40's firmware upgraded so it works.
Is this true or now the xt2's been out a while are there any other options?

I imagine my Lencarta radio triggers will work ok?

So, is there a dedicated flash for the xt2 yet (apart from the obscenely expensive 500 thingy)?

I can confirm that the Lencarta triggers work fine Terry can't help with the flash though.

The X-T2 with the latest firmware update works perfectly with a non updated Nissin i40 flash. Everything except HSS.(y)

George.

My internal conflict or inner geek in me is that the closer i get to £2k, the more i am inclined to just get a Sony A7R2 for that amazing sensor and the Canon lens compatibility. By the time I buy 2 lenses with a XT-2, I could get a A7R2 with adaptor and have access to 9 lenses.

Yeah but the camera would be so unbalance in my opinion with big lens attached. Defeat the purpose in my opinion. If you like sony just buy one and enjoy your 9 big canon lens.

Yeah but the camera would be so unbalance in my opinion with big lens attached. Defeat the purpose in my opinion. If you like sony just buy one and enjoy your 9 big canon lens.

Well, if I am going to take it travel with it, I'll just get a Sony mount lens. But I have the option to use with all my Canon lenses. Which is my I am hesitant to open almost £2k on a XT-2 with a 23mm.

I've had the Sony A7 with 35mm f2.8 which was a nice setup and similar sized to Fuji X-T1 and i liked it and the images it produced, yet i found the faster FE mount lenses was similar sized to my Canon gear making it not much benefit as a compact system then..

I have plenty Canon lenses which i could have used but it wouldn't have been much of a compact system with a big lens stuck on front of it, I might as well just used the Canon gear.

Here's a phone photo as a comparison showing the Sigma 50mm f1.4 art next to the Fuji 35mm f1.4 which is similar focal length due to crop sensor. IMG_1487725654.038916.jpg

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the other day that the most recent picture of me on facebook was from 2012. I much prefer being behind the camera, but figured i'd better at least take something for a profile pic. I actually quite like the way it came out. :)

Self Test by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Cracking quality portrait !

Just a simple shot taken of a Telegraph Pole that I messed about with in LR & PS and ended up with this.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Up The Junction-03360M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I do like this it works Gr8 in mono super detail and tones

Good to know, i've been considering moving on the 35mm in favour of something wider, but 23mm on the zoom isn't far off 2.8 anyway, and has the OIS.

Still, as much as I love the 35mm it isnt getting much use, maybe i'll swap for a 12mm or something...

I have just recently added a 12mm f2.8 but not had a chance to use it yet
I will see if I can shoot something tomorrow and post it

That's very nice Sir, well timed and composed, with some great colours.(y)

George.
Thanks for looking and taking time to leave a comment George.
It was a lucky shot to be honest pure luck him walking into the shot and I was caught a bit by surprise!
Or I would have stopped him and asked if I could have done a couple of pictures of him

Right before I do the deed and trade in the Nikon for the xt2 lunchtime, is it best to buy the Fuji batteries for the grip or shall I buy 2 Hahnel ones on offer at time of purchase?

Quick replies welcomed / encouraged.

Terry.

Right before I do the deed and trade in the Nikon for the xt2 lunchtime, is it best to buy the Fuji batteries for the grip or shall I buy 2 Hahnel ones on offer at time of purchase?

Quick replies welcomed / encouraged.

Terry.

If you're shooting 4K video I'd go for the newer Fuji NP-W126S batteries. If not, grab some Ex-Pro batteries from Amazon - they're great! White ones are supposed to hold the most charge - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-126...=1487766021&sr=1-1&keywords=ex+pro+white+fuji

Back