The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Another quick question for any XT-2 owners, I've been playing with auto-ISO settings and assumed that when I set a max ISO the camera will range between the min and max that I set, but when I look throught the EVF it doesn't seem to be changing the ISO numbers as I would expect?? If I set the max to say 6400 that's what the camera appears to be? So I'm wondering I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers

Matt

Another quick question for any XT-2 owners, I've been playing with auto-ISO settings and assumed that when I set a max ISO the camera will range between the min and max that I set, but when I look throught the EVF it doesn't seem to be changing the ISO numbers as I would expect?? If I set the max to say 6400 that's what the camera appears to be? So I'm wondering I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers

Matt

It doesn't change until you half press the shutter

[emoji23] You sir, have zero resistance to GAS.

If you're going for landscapes, get a tripod and remember to turn OIS off. You don't NEED filters, but I'd suggest avoiding a polariser as it can produce some unwanted effects on such a wide angle lens. You could if you felt you had to, just tread carefully though with its use.

I have a 10 stopper and may look to add a 3 stopper to that, and perhaps a grad....or two. A slippery slope my friend.
I do have resistance! Otherwise I'd had ordered a xpro2! I think I'm gonna order a soft grad instead of a 10 stop tbh, most my work is going to be mountains or Chinese landscapes for the next 1 month.

I haven't used a tripod in about 7 years due to the annoyance of carrying one around but the befree one looks small enough for a rucksack.

I do have resistance! Otherwise I'd had ordered a xpro2! I think I'm gonna order a soft grad instead of a 10 stop tbh, most my work is going to be mountains or Chinese landscapes for the next 1 month.

I haven't used a tripod in about 7 years due to the annoyance of carrying one around but the befree one looks small enough for a rucksack.
Wex have the befree for £79 just now btw.

In at work today for its MOT.

X-T2 with the 90mm @ f2 ;-)

i-QhXbc6r-XL.jpg

Last edited:
If you go any cheaper than the Hitech you may be better off bracketing shots to balance the exposure. The 10-24 is a great lens and it would be a shame to put a cheap filter in front of it.
I love my firecrest 10stopper and will likely go for some more Hitech when I can or feel I need to.

For spiky horizons, I'd avoid grads but that's in some part laziness on my part!

Rather than a tripod, have you considered a bean bag like the Pod? Screws into the tripod mount of the camera and can be perched on any surface or even pressed firmly against a wall/tree/post if required. I've used mine free standing on a table for exposures running into the 10 second plus area under the X-T with the 18-55 and 10-24. You can empty the supplied contents out and refill with something cheap/free when you get to your destination to save weight - in China, I'd suggest rice! I do also take a tripod though - a CF Giottos Vitruvian. Light enough and folds down small enough to fit in my suitcase. Tends to stay in the room or car unless I KNOW I'll want it rather than the Pod!

I've done it, I've got a 10-24mm coming either today or tomorrow! Now...What filters do I need for my trip?
Do I need to take a tripod? Questions, questions....

"Congrat's" that's a good result Sir, its an "Excellent" lens. Enjoy.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Took my X-T2 to a couple of events recently (a charity ball and a wedding) and have had mixed results. At the ball I only got a few good shots as it was pretty dark. I ramped the ISO as much as I could but there were a lot of blurry photos.
At the wedding I got some fantastic shots outside in the day and quite a few great ones until the lights came down. I fared better than at the ball and still managed to come away with enough good ones but again I was getting a fare few blurry images.

Been using the 18-55 as I only have that and a longer zoom. Any tips for where I'm going wrong in low light? Also I can't seem to set the tracking up right to stop blur on even slightly moving objects (normally people).
I suspect a good fast Prime will help and obviously knowing what I'm doing! Haha

If it's low light you will end up with lower shutter speeds where your more likely to end up with blurred images, the faster glass would help some.

Also when you say about tracking and blur is that not the lower shutter speed problem still ? Although af won't be as good in lower light as it is in good light.. like any camera really.

Hi All,

Took my X-T2 to a couple of events recently (a charity ball and a wedding) and have had mixed results. At the ball I only got a few good shots as it was pretty dark. I ramped the ISO as much as I could but there were a lot of blurry photos.
At the wedding I got some fantastic shots outside in the day and quite a few great ones until the lights came down. I fared better than at the ball and still managed to come away with enough good ones but again I was getting a fare few blurry images.

Been using the 18-55 as I only have that and a longer zoom. Any tips for where I'm going wrong in low light? Also I can't seem to set the tracking up right to stop blur on even slightly moving objects (normally people).
I suspect a good fast Prime will help and obviously knowing what I'm doing! Haha

Low light and indoors? Fast primes are your friend. Perhaps a flash.
Where you've had to bump the ISO high perhaps look to process in black and white for a nicer look.

Hi All,

Shutter speed will be your problem i guess. Typically you'll need a fast lens (f/1.4) or better still, some bounce flash. Those reception venues are typically dark at night, with strobes etc. If there's a disco.

Just got a xt2,can't find out how to change through the manual focus modes I.e peaking,split image etc.can anybody advise.thanks very much.
I think a long press on the rear wheel changes mode, short press zooms in... That's how it is on x-t10 anyway.

I like this set, Mike The Horse and cart one is nice silhouette.

Haven't been here in a while but thought I'd check in. I'm still on my trusty XT1 and back from a trip through Egypt a couple of weeks ago. I took my standard trio of 10-24, 35/f1.4 and 18-135.

I'm still wading through everything, but a few highlights have already jumped out.

List of Kings
by mikeriddle1984, on Flickr

Horses and Carts

Bent Pyramid

Hot Air

Last edited:
Back