The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can't see what benefits that firmware update is to the XT1. None of the above is applicable to the XT1 from what I can see.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Can't see what benefits that firmware update is to the XT1. None of the above is applicable to the XT1 from what I can see.
Can anyone enlighten me?
The update is for the X-T2.

Can anyone enlighten me?
Only applies to the XT2 and XPro2. It would be nice though to see a future update to the XT1 [emoji3]

No, 2 Rail electric, traditional like!

The photos and loco are both really nice, can but admire the skill needed to build models to that level.

Just started a Tram model http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=OC53004 in kit form that I received as a Christmas present, bit more involved than an Airfix type and is in all honesty probably above my level.

It's taken months - I originally envisaged it being a two week project, but then I started modifying things! That looks a very smart kit, painting and lining looks challenging too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The firmware update Ver.5.10 from Ver.5.01 incorporates the following issues:

1. Accessory option is added in firmware upgrade function. With this upgrade, firmware of accessory like Shoe Mount Flash can be upgraded with the camera.

<Important notice for Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500 owners>
The firmware for the EF-X500 is upgraded.
The serial numbers of the flashes which requires this firmware update can be checked in the searching form from the link below .
Update the firmware for X-T1,X-T2 or X-Pro2 first, then upgrade the firmware for EF-X500.

That update 5.10 was for XT1, XT2 and Xpro2.

The firmware update Ver.5.10 from Ver.5.01 incorporates the following issues:

1. Accessory option is added in firmware upgrade function. With this upgrade, firmware of accessory like Shoe Mount Flash can be upgraded with the camera.

<Important notice for Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500 owners>
The firmware for the EF-X500 is upgraded.
The serial numbers of the flashes which requires this firmware update can be checked in the searching form from the link below .
Update the firmware for X-T1,X-T2 or X-Pro2 first, then upgrade the firmware for EF-X500.

That update 5.10 was for XT1, XT2 and Xpro2.
Just for clarification, the latest firmware upgrades for Fuji X bodies are:

X-Pro1 = 3.70
X-Pro2 = 3.00
X-T1 = 5.10
X-T2 = 2.00
X-T10 = 1.21
X-T20 = 1.00

Does anyone have a 23mm (either f1.4 or f2) and has some landscape/architecture photos taken with it that they could post up? I'm trying to figure out if I need something wider for Landcapes. Based on my current photos I don't really take any photos on the super wide end. Average is around the low-end of 20mm with some around 35mm. I have taken some wider than that but not very often at all.

If I went wider I'd be looking at the Samyang 12mm for my X-T2. Unless you know of some older and chepaer lenses that are roughly this wide that I could get an adapter for?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Weird request from someone who has the lens however it's not due to be delivered until next week but I'm planning forward hence the question :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have a 23mm (either f1.4 or f2) and has some landscape/architecture photos taken with it that they could post up? I'm trying to figure out if I need something wider for Landcapes. Based on my current photos I don't really take any photos on the super wide end. Average is around the low-end of 20mm with some around 35mm. I have taken some wider than that but not very often at all.

If I went wider I'd be looking at the Samyang 12mm for my X-T2.

Thanks in advance.
A couple here using the 23mm f2

A Spring Afternoon by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Looking towards Stackhouse by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

If I went wider I'd be looking at the Samyang 12mm for my X-T2. Unless you know of some older and chepaer lenses that are roughly this wide that I could get an adapter for?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Weird request from someone who has the lens however it's not due to be delivered until next week but I'm planning forward hence the question :)
You could always get something like the 24mm Hoya in, say, OM fit plus a Lens Turbo which gives the equivalent FOV of a Fuji 16mm. Total cost including adaptors around £170. I have this set-up and it works quite well.

Thanks in advance.

Loads here with the 23mm, mostly landscape and architecture https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157660163797357

Install it and give your opinions you lot
OK. First thoughts.....
Lots of stuff I won't use. Lots of video stuff. Ability to add a voice note to the image file. Not a lot of use here.
ISO can be 125 or 160 but still only gives JPEG, cannot shoot RAW at those settings. Good or Bad? depends if you shoot JPEG I suppose.
Copyright info can be written automatically onto card. That could be useful. Easy to set up.
Ability to do 15 minute exposures, albeit only in T mode, might come in handy for 10 stop shots. Have to experiment with that. How will desired aperture be set without playing around with ISO? Needs a trip out.
Ability to do 9 shot bracketing at 1 stop apart is magic.

Even with the update, no matter how it's set you cannot shoot with only one card.

Yes you can. Just done it. Think you need sequential setting as mentioned^^^

Thanks in advance.

As with my friend @Mr Perceptive. One of my most used lenses. Loads here.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49561411@N02/with/33315514562/

Loads here with the 23mm, mostly landscape and architecture https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157660163797357

As with my friend @Mr Perceptive. One of my most used lenses. Loads here.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49561411@N02/with/33315514562/

Excellent thanks! These help confirm I don't need anything wider really. Appreciated!

@mickledore - Are the following images taken with the 23mm? Can't see EXIF and unsure if these are in a folder specifically for the 23mm. The pictures I'd like to know the most would be the Tyr Mawr, Rose Cottage and The Lowry?

OK. First thoughts.....
Lots of stuff I won't use. Lots of video stuff. Ability to add a voice note to the image file. Not a lot of use here.
ISO can be 125 or 160 but still only gives JPEG, cannot shoot RAW at those settings. Good or Bad? depends if you shoot JPEG I suppose.
Copyright info can be written automatically onto card. That could be useful. Easy to set up.
Ability to do 15 minute exposures, albeit only in T mode, might come in handy for 10 stop shots. Have to experiment with that. How will desired aperture be set without playing around with ISO? Needs a trip out.
Ability to do 9 shot bracketing at 1 stop apart is magic.

Yes you can. Just done it. Think you need sequential setting as mentioned^^^
No point in me setting sequential shooting as I never have more than about 50 shots on a card at any one time.

Mildly excited... Just received my X-T2 yesterday and Protech have my X-T1 for another IR conversion.

Just finished fiddling with menus to get it set up. Looking forward to getting out with it now.

Does anyone have a 23mm (either f1.4 or f2) and has some landscape/architecture photos taken with it that they could post up?
There's a Flickr group for that lens here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2325014@N22/ Should be some landscape stuff in there.

@YoshiK1 Just checked my Flickr and EXIF was shown as being hidden. I've changed that.
Rose Cottage and Ty Mawr were both taken with the 23mm. The Lowry was taken with the 14mm.
If you check @Mr Perceptive you'll see he has a shot of The Lowry taken from the same place with the 23mm. We were stood nex to each other!!!

@YoshiK1 Just checked my Flickr and EXIF was shown as being hidden. I've changed that.
Rose Cottage and Ty Mawr were both taken with the 23mm. The Lowry was taken with the 14mm.
If you check @Mr Perceptive you'll see he has a shot of The Lowry taken from the same place with the 23mm. We were stood nex to each other!!!

Excellent! Either way those three photos are the kind of things I'll be doing. The two taken with the 23mm are perfect for that focal length for me. Excellent pictures too ;)

The 23m is my most used lens. I have several others 14, 56 and a couple of zooms but use the primes most. Good enough for me. Glad you like my efforts. Interestingly the three you chose were all mono. Is that significant?

Is it just me being thick, or does the inclusion of a focal-length calculation into the auto ISO function rather negate the need for 3 auto-iso settings? Unless, of course, you're using manual lenses, as I don't think it takes into account any manual focal length setting you've set.

The 23m is my most used lens. I have several others 14, 56 and a couple of zooms but use the primes most. Good enough for me. Glad you like my efforts. Interestingly the three you chose were all mono. Is that significant?

Just coincidence I think. The scenes are similar to that of what I'd wish to capture in terms of how much of the landscape and the items within the frame at the given focal length. Mono makes them strong and perhaps there could have been more influence as it's easier to see items within a frame in mono than in colour IMO. :D

My Fuji XT-2 is now running firmware 2.0 :D
Just a heads up, the Fuji Professional Service is free for at least the first 2 years if you qualify (worth £260)
https://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/support/digital-cameras/fujifilm-professional-service

Qualifying GFX Series Cameras:

• Fujifilm GFX 50S
Qualifying X Series Cameras:

• Fujifilm X-Pro2
  • Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite
  • Fujifilm X-T2
  • Fujifilm X-T2 Graphite Silver
Qualifying G Mount Lenses:

• FUJINON GF120mmF4 Macro R LM OIS WR
  • FUJINON GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR
  • FUJINON GF63mmF2.8 R WR
Qualifying X Mount Lenses: