The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Think I have egg on my face there. I've just tried it and I can't get aperture to change either. Think I owe you an apology:eggface::eggface::eggface:

Must admit it's not something I've ever tried to do. Just always used the ring on the lens. Are there any lenses that don't have an aperture ring?
apology accepted. :)

I think you can only use the dials if the lens has no aperture ring (like the 27mm). I remember looking for this when I first switched as I was so used to shooting canon in aperture priority.
Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. If that is the case you would think the manual would mention it as a side note.

Think I have egg on my face there. I've just tried it and I can't get aperture to change either. Think I owe you an apology:eggface::eggface::eggface:

Must admit it's not something I've ever tried to do. Just always used the ring on the lens. Are there any lenses that don't have an aperture ring?
Same here. I forgot about the 27mm, 16-50mm and the 50-230mm

Just a simple Macro shot I did in my studio of a Conifer Leaf Tip. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper backdrop.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th Sec @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash, Tripod.
Conifer Leaf Tip (4)-02913 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Finally, HSS coming to Fuji via Nissin flashes!
I'll probably buy into Nissin again having owned it for the Sony A7RII with no bad points to complain about.
2x i60a's and the Air1 controller for the price of a single Fuji EF-X500!

http://www.nissindigital.com/.s/201...nissin-flashes-and-commanders-in-mid-may.html

High Speed Synchronization function upgrade for Fujifilm type Nissin flashes and commanders in mid-May
[31st March 2017]

The Press Release is announced by Nissin Group
www.nissindigital.com

Nissin Marketing Limited announces the High Speed Synchronization function (HSS) will be available for existing Nissin flash users in mid-May of 2017.

We noticed a high-demand from our customers regarding the use of HSS function in Nissin products on Fujifilm cameras. Therefore, we have planned to provide firmware update service to existing Nissin flash owners in enabling the HSS function*.

For more details, please contact the local Nissin products distributor in your region. Their contact information is listed on your Nissin product packaging and/or your guarantee card.

*The firmware update process can be performed in the Nissin official service center only. Customers who are unable to bring the Nissin products to our service point may need to bear the delivery expense, this depends on the sales condition of reseller / distributor in the different regions.

---------------------------

Notice and apology of postponement of high-speed sync. Support for FUJIFILM

We are informed that the high-speed sync schedule for Nissin Speedlight Di 700 A, Air 1, i 60 A, i 40 Fujifilm will be coming soon, but we will inform you that it will be postponed to mid-May.

The reason for postponement is that it took time to prepare for development of compatible firmware and because there was a significant change in specification during development. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience caused to our customers waiting for correspondence.

I would like to apologize again for the delay of the guidance of this case greatly.

We will strive to be sincerely able to respond as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I would like to try a fuji macro ext.
Has anyone had good results and would you recommend the 11 or 16.?
Thanks

Fuji XT-Pro on the way folks :)

Larger XT design body
24mp BSI sensor
Advanced AF system with adaptive contrast & phases detection - 512 points
5-axis IBIS
11fps
18fps with vertical booster grip (boost mode)
RAW buffer for 50 shots
JPEG buffer unlimited
Internal FLOG 4,6 & 8K recording
5.2mp EVF with Fujinon optical glass for clear vision
3.2mp rear touch screen LCD
Built in WiFi, GPS and NFC

Prototypes already in the wild ;)

Due end of the year.

Last edited:

Larger XT design body
24mp BSI sensor
5-axis IBIS
11fps
RAW buffer for 50 shots
JPEG buffer unlimited

Due end of the year.

Probably be available next April fools day.

Larger XT design body
24mp BSI sensor
5-axis IBIS
11fps
RAW buffer for 50 shots
JPEG buffer unlimited

Due end of the year.

Shame the joke was a bit late... Why does the tradition expire at noon?

Just updated the X-T2's firmware along with that for the 100-400. Has made a big difference to AF speed and seems to have improved accuracy to boot (when using the 2x telecon). Also now reports the correct FL including the TC.

Went out for a walk in the Dales yesterday and came across this, not the best of shots due to me just arriving and being told "the Flying Scotsman is due in 5 minutes"!, so quickly swapped from 18-55 to my new 55-200 before it came. First time out with the 55-200 and was pleasantly surprised with the quality.

Flying Scotsman by brickdav, on Flickr

Great shot Sir, of this lovely piece of history.(y)

George.

Finally, HSS coming to Fuji via Nissin flashes!
I'll probably buy into Nissin again having owned it for the Sony A7RII with no bad points to complain about.
2x i60a's and the Air1 controller for the price of a single Fuji EF-X500!

http://www.nissindigital.com/.s/201...nissin-flashes-and-commanders-in-mid-may.html

High Speed Synchronization function upgrade for Fujifilm type Nissin flashes and commanders in mid-May
[31st March 2017]

The Press Release is announced by Nissin Group
www.nissindigital.com

Nissin Marketing Limited announces the High Speed Synchronization function (HSS) will be available for existing Nissin flash users in mid-May of 2017.

We noticed a high-demand from our customers regarding the use of HSS function in Nissin products on Fujifilm cameras. Therefore, we have planned to provide firmware update service to existing Nissin flash owners in enabling the HSS function*.

For more details, please contact the local Nissin products distributor in your region. Their contact information is listed on your Nissin product packaging and/or your guarantee card.

*The firmware update process can be performed in the Nissin official service center only. Customers who are unable to bring the Nissin products to our service point may need to bear the delivery expense, this depends on the sales condition of reseller / distributor in the different regions.

---------------------------

Notice and apology of postponement of high-speed sync. Support for FUJIFILM

We are informed that the high-speed sync schedule for Nissin Speedlight Di 700 A, Air 1, i 60 A, i 40 Fujifilm will be coming soon, but we will inform you that it will be postponed to mid-May.

The reason for postponement is that it took time to prepare for development of compatible firmware and because there was a significant change in specification during development. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience caused to our customers waiting for correspondence.

I would like to apologize again for the delay of the guidance of this case greatly.

We will strive to be sincerely able to respond as soon as possible.

About bloody time

Back