The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone using non-brand batteries for the X-T2? What ones and do you recommend? I'be only got the one genuine Battery but need more but they're expensive! Would buy second hand but there's none!

I posted a while ago about a expro battery pack with a 16000mAh power supply works faultlessly and fit in pocket or belt loop they also do a slightly cheaper 7200 mAh but it's physically the same size.
I did several full day shoots and battery was still showing full :)

I posted a while ago about a expro battery pack with a 16000mAh power supply works faultlessly and fit in pocket or belt loop they also do a slightly cheaper 7200 mAh but it's physically the same size.
I did several full day shoots and battery was still showing full :)

Hmmmm that's a good idea. Does it work well? I'm going to be getting into street photography so not sure it would for that. For landscapes it would be wonderful!

Hmmmm that's a good idea. Does it work well? I'm going to be getting into street photography so not sure it would for that. For landscapes it would be wonderful!
I have used for portrait studio shoots weddings as well as landscapes and motoring events.
It comes complete with lead and dummy battery adapter case but you will need a battery grip to use it with the XT1 body. I paid £48 which I thought was a bargain compared to say buying a dozen single expro batteries.

Here is a link
http://www.exprodirect.com/product.php?productid=47444&cat=14822&page=1

Last edited:
Just got a quote from mpb and they willing to paid £2340 for my nikon gear. Sounds reasonable for a company. Going to get the 56mm and 55-200mm and i should have decent amount of cash left :)

I think mpb might have the 2 lens i want so part ex might be a decent option.

Ah that's a shame. I'm sure they used to pay all import costs :(

I've now heard back - they do cover the cost.

International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT). DigitalRev offers the convenience of shouldering these fees on your behalf by sending it via DDP (Duty Delivery Paid). This means that the sender is the one that pays any tax excise, not recipient. This means that the amount you pay on check out is the final and only amount you need to pay.

There are, in some rare occasions, that the courier may overlook this portion and ask you to pay for tax excise. When this happens, simply pay for it first and send us a copy of the paid tax excise receipt and we’ll help refund the paid amount back to your account. The terms and condition in which this feature does not apply is only to countries such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Brunei , Russia and the Bahamas.

I've now heard back - they do cover the cost.

International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT). DigitalRev offers the convenience of shouldering these fees on your behalf by sending it via DDP (Duty Delivery Paid). This means that the sender is the one that pays any tax excise, not recipient. This means that the amount you pay on check out is the final and only amount you need to pay.

There are, in some rare occasions, that the courier may overlook this portion and ask you to pay for tax excise. When this happens, simply pay for it first and send us a copy of the paid tax excise receipt and we’ll help refund the paid amount back to your account. The terms and condition in which this feature does not apply is only to countries such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Brunei , Russia and the Bahamas.

Fantastic, really good news. Thanks for following up.

Last edited:
Okay, next random question - have any of you used both a half case and grip on the XT10 or 20?

Going to go with one as I much prefer it on the XT1 which was the metal grip, but I'd never even considered a half case until someone mentioned one on here, so thought would ask the question.

XT1 for sale on eBay by the way as I'll get more there than here given I have the £1 final fee thing going, which was nice (fast show ref for you oldies :) )

Okay, next random question - have any of you used both a half case and grip on the XT10 or 20?

Going to go with one as I much prefer it on the XT1 which was the metal grip, but I'd never even considered a half case until someone mentioned one on here, so thought would ask the question.

XT1 for sale on eBay by the way as I'll get more there than here given I have the £1 final fee thing going, which was nice (fast show ref for you oldies :) )
Surely it's a one or t'other deal with a grip / half case with each being designed to work with the body shape of the camera?

Surely it's a one or t'other deal with a grip / half case with each being designed to work with the body shape of the camera?

lol, yes - maybe I should have said - if you've owned both which did you keep and why ;)

Cheers I did word that badly!

lol, yes - maybe I should have said - if you've owned both which did you keep and why ;)

Oh haha [emoji23]

I should have guessed tbf, John. I haven't used a half case as have seen reports of them hindering rather than assisting with grip. I don't think they're aesthetically very pleasing either, but that's a personal thing.

Recently added a Metro case grip to my X-T10 and love it. Pricey and not far off the cost of an original Fuji grip, but worth it imo.

Oh, I'm a cheap sod (plus I don't think the XT20 purchase went down to well with the better half), so am looking at this at the mo: link

Edit: Just looked up the Metro case grip, they do look very nice, but as you say pretty pricey $79.99 on import, unless you found much better.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm a cheap sod (plus I don't think the XT20 purchase went down to well with the better half), so am looking at this at the mo: link
They're surprisingly good, John. Especially if you've an Arca head for your tripod.

I'm sure Mark Boadey has one on his X-T20 (if not identical then something similar certainly).

I have had both but now I have battery packs on each of my XT1s
So got rid of case and kept the 3rd party grip with arca Swiss type plate fitting.

I'm getting that impression and have been looking at the Ex-pro ones. Thanks

I'm looking on Amazon, and I assume these are the batteries people are using.... As I have an X-T2, has anybody used these directly in the body? I've used some Hanel batteries in the grip without issue, but I wanted to know that the units being recommended are fine going straight into the camera body.

I have had both but now I have battery packs on each of my XT1s
So got rid of case and kept the 3rd party grip with arca Swiss type plate fitting.
Thats great - thanks Phil, I thought I might end up back on the normal grip but thought it worth asking in case I was missing a trick.

EDIT: Thats it ordered (same link as above) and a soft release button as well as the ever needed screen protector (link)

Last edited:
I'm looking on Amazon, and I assume these are the batteries people are using.... As I have an X-T2, has anybody used these directly in the body? I've used some Hanel batteries in the grip without issue, but I wanted to know that the units being recommended are fine going straight into the camera body.

From what I gather that's correct. The should be fine in the body too. One thing to note as these aren't the S version so recording in 4K wouldn't be a good idea as they don't have the new heat controllers in them and would run out of energy more quickly.

I've never used these but I think I'm just going to buy genuine as I might record 4K.

From what I gather that's correct. The should be fine in the body too. One thing to note as these aren't the S version so recording in 4K wouldn't be a good idea as they don't have the new heat controllers in them and would run out of energy more quickly.

Do you know if Ex Pro make an S version? I have done a quick Google but I can't seem to find one.

I've got a £5 half case on my X-T10 which makes all the difference. I'm a PROPER cheap sod. Considerably cheaper than yoooou :D
Yeah, I just blew more than that on the screen protector ;)

Haven't used a grip but my X-T20 came with the official Fuji half case, it adds a bit of bulk and there seems to be a bit of weight in the bottom of the case which helps with the bigger lenses.

Let me know how you get on with that screen protector as I ordered some Fuji ones for 3" screen and there only 2.8". I did want a glass type one but didn't know if it would stop the touchscreen from working or not.

Haven't used a grip but my X-T20 came with the official Fuji half case, it adds a bit of bulk and there seems to be a bit of weight in the bottom of the case which helps with the bigger lenses.

Let me know how you get on with that screen protector as I ordered some Fuji ones for 3" screen and there only 2.8". I did want a glass type one but didn't know if it would stop the touchscreen from working or not.
No probs.

I did have a read about and it seems they still work okay - or at least the thin glass ones do in general, so fingers crossed on this one.

A bit late for me but just noticed something a little worrying - the firmware revisions on the X-T10 only got as far as v1.21 whereas the X-T1 got to v5.1, so this tells me that either they got almost everything right on the 10 or they just don't care as much about the mid range users and just let them fester.

This does worry me as I thought of Fuji as real trail blazers firmware wise and updated to add new features all the time - I've only had the X-T1 and 2 so thats all I'd noticed, now I'm thinking I'm going to get left high and dry and in almost as bad a place as Canon and Nikon users :(

A bit late for me but just noticed something a little worrying - the firmware revisions on the X-T10 only got as far as v1.21 whereas the X-T1 got to v5.1, so this tells me that either they got almost everything right on the 10 or they just don't care as much about the mid range users and just let them fester.

This does worry me as I thought of Fuji as real trail blazers firmware wise and updated to add new features all the time - I've only had the X-T1 and 2 so thats all I'd noticed, now I'm thinking I'm going to get left high and dry and in almost as bad a place as Canon and Nikon users :(

The X-T10 came out quite a while after the X-T1 and actually had more features at launch. Firmware 4.0 addressed this for the X-T1 giving it the same improved focus system as the X-T10. Even the X-E2 ended up with the same features as the X-T1 (other than hardware features like viewfinder size / buffer capacity).

Last edited:
The X-T10 came out quite a while after the X-T1 and actually had more features at launch. Firmware 4.0 addressed this for the X-T1 giving it the same improved focus system as the X-T10. Even the X-E2 ended up with the same features as the X-T1 (other than hardware features like viewfinder size / buffer capacity).
Oh, thats very reassuring, thank you.

No it doesnt Andy

Shame some of you lot didn't come to Manchester with @mickledore today, great weather, moody skies and some places even I as a Mancunian have never seen. Pictures will follow later. Oh and I've been told I have to unpack my XT-2 and RTFM before we go to Birmingham next week.

RingTFM is always a good idea, even if you have to hide in the thunderbox to do so rather than seem like a nancy boy!!!

Back