The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks everyone. I feel somewhat of a fraud versus Peter. On the negative side, my condition will never get better. On the plus side, it shouldn't really worsen. Another plus point is that I now KNOW I have a brain - I've seen the piccies on the MRI scan! It found a Cavernoma which causes an intermittent twitch. Now it's down to the DVLA to say if I am allowed to drive.

Sorry to hear this, Pete. I trust your recovery will progress well. Meantime, keep your chin up!

(I received bad news about my health on Saturday but I'll just have to grin and bear it)
Sorry Stephen, my thoughts are with you right now!! Stay strong with willpower!

Best regards;
Peter

LOL, when electronic shutter goes wrong.

They are both 1/22,000

DoADEfe.jpg

ysBRIOD.jpg

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a street trader who makes handmade knitted necklaces.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/80th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Necklace Maker-03094 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Plenty of colour in this shot! And a great expression of concentration.

Plenty of colour in this shot! And a great expression of concentration.

Thank you kindly Sir, as always I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Hi all, just a we update as I haven't been visiting this awesome forum for the past week or so due to hospital hopping.

I'll keep it brief, what started off as a minor sore throat/swollen glands has now escalated into a very rare type of leukaemia I found out Wednesday past. My treatment starts on Tuesday for two full months (probably much longer ?), going to be off work for a year or so, a long hard road ahead but with family and friends close by I'm keeping as strong as I can. I appreciate I'll have awful days along with good ones, but I'm in good spirits and very strong minded.

Please keep talking awesome Fooji photo's my faithful photographic friends, I'll try log on and view updates as much as I can during this medical blip. Thinking of you all as you have greatly inspired me with my personal photography. I can't thank you all enough!

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Pete, that's awful, so very sorry, sounds like you've got the right mindset though, and you're tough enough I know that much. A close friend of mine had Hairy Cell Leukemia a few years back, had the treatment and is now as good if not better than before. Keep dropping in when you can and good luck with the treatment. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Hi all, just a we update as I haven't been visiting this awesome forum for the past week or so due to hospital hopping.

I'll keep it brief, what started off as a minor sore throat/swollen glands has now escalated into a very rare type of leukaemia I found out Wednesday past. My treatment starts on Tuesday for two full months (probably much longer ?), going to be off work for a year or so, a long hard road ahead but with family and friends close by I'm keeping as strong as I can. I appreciate I'll have awful days along with good ones, but I'm in good spirits and very strong minded.

Please keep talking awesome Fooji photo's my faithful photographic friends, I'll try log on and view updates as much as I can during this medical blip. Thinking of you all as you have greatly inspired me with my personal photography. I can't thank you all enough!

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
Damn, that sucks... All the best Peter, hope it works out well.

Take care.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Sorry to hear that, but you have a great attitude :) You have that fighting spirit to get the better of it, best of luck, hope all goes well.
Sorry to hear this, Pete. I trust your recovery will progress well. Meantime, keep your chin up!

(I received bad news about my health on Saturday but I'll just have to grin and bear it)

Sorry to hear this too. Sucks to get bad news or to end up ill. I'm going through a bit of a bad bout myself but seeing you and Mac's posts makes me realise there's always someone worse off. Hope things improve for you both

Guys quick question

White box lenses? Do they come with warranty?
Bottom line is, it depends on the store. But if you're buying from a UK retail source they have to give a warranty unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
Very sorry to hear this Peter, and glad to hear you're bearing up. I'm not a doctor, but I know a fair bit about leukaemias, especially CML and to a lesser extent ALL and AML, so if you ever want to chat to someone with an appreciation of what you're experiencing, please do drop me a message whenever you like. All the very best...

Nice gentle colours, very serene.
Cheers Stephen, and all the best with the weird tangle of blood vessels. I have a bit of a tremor myself at times, but it's not severe and the medics seem to have decided it's not worth looking into any further for now. Hope you get a thumbs up from the DVLA.

Does anyone have or can recommend a wireless shutter remote for the X-T2 that is NOT the phone app and can take photos from long distances i.e. approx 50 meters away?

Thanks everyone. I feel somewhat of a fraud versus Peter. On the negative side, my condition will never get better. On the plus side, it shouldn't really worsen. Another plus point is that I now KNOW I have a brain - I've seen the piccies on the MRI scan! It found a Cavernoma which causes an intermittent twitch. Now it's down to the DVLA to say if I am allowed to drive.

Good luck with the DVLFA or UBWC as I call them, especially the medial department. Took them 3 months after telling me I was allowed to drive after applying (pending a decision) to decide (against my surgeon and GP's advice) that I wasn't fit to drive then 12 months to process the reapplication (claiming to have lost the original paperwork but then finding the payment and photographs). Apparently the stumbling block was some medication I'd had to take as a prophylactic against the possibility of fits after open brane (sic) surgery to remove a non malignant Meningioma.

Thoughts are with you and Peter - hope you both come through the coming years well.

Does anyone have or can recommend a wireless shutter remote for the X-T2 that is NOT the phone app and can take photos from long distances i.e. approx 50 meters away?

Hahnel Giga Pro is pretty good for distance, they claim a range of 100 metres, mine worked through walls too.

I use Yongnuo RF 603 Mk 2, the Canon version.
Costs about £20/25.
Well worth the money. Does everything you want.
Make sure you get the jack plug cable, and the Mk 2 version.

Going down to a beach tomorrow to try and take some pix of the artic tern.I will have the Fuji XT2 and 100-400mm with me and was looking for any handy tips on what AF-c custom settings to use for BIF.

I use Yongnuo RF 603 Mk 2, the Canon version.
Costs about £20/25.
Well worth the money. Does everything you want.
Make sure you get the jack plug cable, and the Mk 2 version.

What's the range like on them?
Suppose I could try with one of mine, but it's hot, my leg hurts from self inflicted strimmer lacerations and you may already know

What's the range like on them?
Suppose I could try with one of mine, but it's hot, my leg hurts from self inflicted strimmer lacerations and you may already know
Never really measured it but it's always been good enough for my purposes.

As you have so kindly asked I'll get the gear out from wherever it has been hiding for the past several weeks and I'll do a test tomorrow.

Not heard about your leg. I'm having plenty fun with my own. What have you been doing? It takes a particular talent to get a strimmer close to your own legs!

Never really measured it but it's always been good enough for my purposes.

As you have so kindly asked I'll get the gear out from wherever it has been hiding for the past several weeks and I'll do a test tomorrow.

Not heard about your leg. I'm having plenty fun with my own. What have you been doing? It takes a particular talent to get a strimmer close to your own legs!

Good on yer, sold my Giga Pro ages ago and only got the poverty wizards now.

Came back from the chiropodist with my little toe all bandaged up (failed attempt at self surgery on ingrowing toenail) and got the new strimmer out. Put the extra heavy duty line on to sort the brambles out, lent on bad toe and wobbled a bit. Strimmer swung round cutting into my leg just above the ankle, four gashes and bit of blood.

Back