Fuji X-T2
Fuji 23mm 1.4
Fuji 56mm 1.2
Fuji 18-55mm 2.8-4
iPhone
Spare Batteries & Cards
Bottle of Water

Are you comfortable taking one body?

Yes, just a single XT-2 as the client is a friend who is pretty relaxed about it all.
My old Sony A7RII's only had single SD card slots. :eek:
It's going well so far but I'll need to examine the files in post :D

Single SD card slots aren't really an issue, massively unlikely to get a failure and even then they can usually be recovered.

Camera bodies however, I've had two (Nikons) completely fail on me in the past 10 years and another where the battery jammed in the slot (think it swelled up) and couldn't be replaced.

@Fuguru Yep, and you know in your heart you cannot/mustn't put all your faith in just one body. They can and do go wrong. Don't ask how I know...

If I decide to go full-time then I agree, a second body is a must :)
So far the wedding is going great with plenty of photos, got around 1100 images, only used one complete battery so far with one bar off the second.
Handling wise it feels just right compared to the Sony's.
On the LCD/EVF the images look good but definitely need to process them to see how well it performed.

A back up body is for more than just precaution. With 2 bodies you can switch between lenses in an instant so you never miss a shot. Say you have a 23mm on one, and a 56 on the other for Altar shots, to get the more intimate shots and then wider angle to include guests, in a moment. A used XT-1 would be ideal if you decide to do more

Last edited:
A back up body is for more than just precaution. With 2 bodies you can switch between lenses in an instant so you never miss a shot. Say you have a 23mm on one, and a 56 on the other for Altar shots, to get the more intimate shots and then wider angle to include guests, in a moment. A used XT-1 would be ideal if you decide to do more
Sound advice, today I got by using the 16-55mm f2.8 for most of the shots with the 56mm f1.2 for the rest.
As I mentioned earlier it was for a friend and showing them a quick preview on the XT-2 LCD they were both impressed..... which is good enough for me! Just need to get them all edited now having spend the last 3 hours culling my photo collection from 26,000 files down to around 13,000 :eek:

Any hardcore Nikon users converted to Fuji on here? I'm adding the X-T2 to my collection imminently (not selling off Nikon....yet!)

I've had 3 goes on the X-T-2 and struggle a little with the controls. I know most of this is muscle memory and changing systems does take some getting used to. I also understand I've only had brief flirtations with the Fuji so it's not like owning one and getting out there with it.

I'm just wondering what the adjustment period is like. Thanks

Any hardcore Nikon users converted to Fuji on here? I'm adding the X-T2 to my collection imminently (not selling off Nikon....yet!)

I've had 3 goes on the X-T-2 and struggle a little with the controls. I know most of this is muscle memory and changing systems does take some getting used to. I also understand I've only had brief flirtations with the Fuji so it's not like owning one and getting out there with it.

I shot Nikon for over 10 years, I've owned a D200, a D90 and the last 5 years I shot with a D800E. I made the switch to the XT-1 and tbh, I don't miss a thing. I was a bit fed up lugging bigger bodies and lenses about when I just wanted to go shoot casual. I had a Fuji bridge cam, it was actually the first camera I learned manual settings on, and I also a few of their compact cameras including the Fuji X10 and the X100s, so I already knew the image quality they produce was good. When I had the X100s, which I loved, I always thought, 'wouldn't it be great if it had interchangeable lenses?' - well, that is how I see the later X series. Like big bro's to the X100 line, with more options available. I use the battery grip on the XT-1 and find it comfy enough, and I think the controls could not be more simple. It was a very easy adjustment for me, maybe because I was used to their compacts in the past? Just give it a little more time I say.

I owned Nikon for years. Owned there best F1.4 prime and F2.8 zoom lenses. My last Nikon was the D800. It took me a week to make a decision that Fuji was the way to go after trying the XT-1 away on holiday. Few years later and I m more than happy with my Fujis [emoji3]

For me it depends what you're used to and want, personally I miss the full frame "pop", maybe AF and high ISO, but I did have the D750, that said the actual handling is better on the Fuji and that's saying something as the D750 is an excellent camera

Still on the subject of 12mm versus 14mm sorry :D Is £509 a fair price for the 14mm/f2.8 refurbished direct from Fuji?

They race trawlers? Genius! Nice pics, like the one with the black fumes, shows they're gunning it [emoji106]

The Brixham trawler race dates back to the days of sail and is always, shall we say, keenly contested. When I was growing up in Cornwall in the 1950's it was rumoured that some skippers would have their crew polish the underwater part of the hull with mansion polish in the hope of gaining the odd quarter knot of speed.

Not only are they racing trawlers very competitively but they are blaring music with a boat full of people with a cargo from the off licence. :beer:

Hi all, just a we update as I haven't been visiting this awesome forum for the past week or so due to hospital hopping.

I'll keep it brief, what started off as a minor sore throat/swollen glands has now escalated into a very rare type of leukaemia I found out Wednesday past. My treatment starts on Tuesday for two full months (probably much longer ?), going to be off work for a year or so, a long hard road ahead but with family and friends close by I'm keeping as strong as I can. I appreciate I'll have awful days along with good ones, but I'm in good spirits and very strong minded.

Please keep talking awesome Fooji photo's my faithful photographic friends, I'll try log on and view updates as much as I can during this medical blip. Thinking of you all as you have greatly inspired me with my personal photography. I can't thank you all enough!

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Last edited:
Hi all, just a we update as I haven't been visiting this awesome forum for the past week or so due to hospital hopping.

I'll keep it brief, what started off as a minor sore throat/swollen glands has now escalated into a very rare type of leukaemia I found out Wednesday past. My treatment starts on Tuesday for two full months (probably longer ?), going to be off work for a year or so, a long hard road ahead but with family and friends close by I'm keeping as strong as I can. I appreciate I'll have s*** days along with good ones, but I'm in good spirits and very strong minded.

Please keep talking awesome Fooji photo's my faithful photographic friends, I'll try log on and view updates as much as I can during this medical blip. Thinking of you all as you have greatly inspired me with my personal photography. I can't thank you all enough!

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
Crikey, Peter! Very sorry to hear this, but equally impressed by your positive outlook and determination just in this single post (heck, writing it alone was impressive).

I sincerely wish you all the best during your treatment and hope that the impact, as inevitable as it will be, is as minimal as possible.

Hope to hear from you again soon. Please drop in and let us know how you're doing.

Cheers and all the best.

Ian

Last edited:

I'll keep it brief, what started off as a minor sore throat/swollen glands has now escalated into a very rare type of leukaemia I found out Wednesday past. My treatment starts on Tuesday for two full months (probably much longer ?), going to be off work for a year or so, a long hard road ahead but with family and friends close by I'm keeping as strong as I can. I appreciate I'll have awful days along with good ones, but I'm in good spirits and very strong minded.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
Sorry to hear this, Pete. I trust your recovery will progress well. Meantime, keep your chin up!

(I received bad news about my health on Saturday but I'll just have to grin and bear it)

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Pete, all the best for your recovery.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Sorry to hear this, Pete. I trust your recovery will progress well. Meantime, keep your chin up!

(I received bad news about my health on Saturday but I'll just have to grin and bear it)

Very sorry to hear that bad health news from both of you - my very best wishes to you both

+1 (y)

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
Jeez so sorry to hear the news Peter and Stephen, I know it's a bit of a cliche, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Keep strong and get well soon !!!

Grr, looks like lens and body have decided not to talk to each other again - same issue as was warranty repaired 6 months or so ago - aperture not changing either with the scroll wheel or when the focal length is changed.

Back she goes again...

@macvisual - sending you my fujiest thoughts for an efficient and full recovery

Last edited:

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Just read this Pete can only echo what has already been said. I'm sure with your marvellous attitude you will beat it.
Be thinking of you.

@macvisual

Bloody Hell...Pete, prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Such courage to even post the update for us..Bloody Hell..

I had nikon for over 8 years too. Got body like D3000, D7000, D300, D700 and D3. For lens i got 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VR, 85mm f1.4 and 50mm f1.8.

I did what you did, bought a Fuji body. I went for the XT1 and insteadly fall in love and not long after that, all Nikon bodyand lens were sold to fund more fuji lens and extra Fuji body and plenty of cash in my bank :)

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Thoughts are with you Pete. Keep strong.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland
I'm sure everyone here on TP will be wishing you all the very best over the next few months with your treatment!
Difficult times ahead but I'm a firm believer in a positive mind will help both you and your family and friends see you through this time in your life .

Stay strong and positive!

Last edited:
Jeez so sorry to hear the news Peter and Stephen, I know it's a bit of a cliche, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Keep strong and get well soon !!!

:agree: I wish you both a complete recovery.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

Hi Peter, I hope and wish you all the best on your recovery.

Prosper!

Best wishes;
Peter
Central Scotland

So sorry to hear this Peter, stay strong & positive my friend. Things will no doubt be difficult for you during the coming months but with your drive I'm sure the outcome will be good. "All The Very Best"(y)

"If you fancy a chat etc then call me, you have my number"

George.

So sorry to hear your unwell Stephen, I wish you a positive and speedy recovery my friend. "Take Care" (y)

George.

Back